Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Qualitative Behavioral Science Consultant
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science (D3) department is accountable for serving as a subject matter expert in the discipline of focus and leading or supporting the application of knowledge and techniques to impact business goals. The department is responsible for teaching and consulting in their discipline across a broad audience and for driving adoption of related principles to innovate and improve the work done across the department and enterprise.
The Behavioral Science Consultant is responsible for using behavioral science to understand customer insights, influence change and drive decision making.
Job Description Serves as a behavioral science subject matter expert and consults on complex issues and improves the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of behavioral insights and methodologies
Maintains deep familiarity with academic literature, emerging trends, organizational requirements, and recent achievements in Behavioral Science to develop new hypotheses
Helps design, implement and manage complex projects, programs and approaches
Develops techniques and methodologies to achieve business and corporate goals drawing upon broad functional expertise in behavioral science
Conducts research across the organization, helping execute a variety of research programs, including in-situation observation, interviews and moderation, workshops and various forms of design prototype evaluation
Analyzes, considers the implications of and generates actionable insights related to business outcomes, customer needs and patterns of behaviors
Contributes to the creation of journey maps and user personas
Collaborates with business units in order to communicate research insights and improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of behavioral insights and methodologies
Acts as a behavioral science advocate across the organization
Performs other duties as assigned Job Qualifications
Master’s or PhD strongly preferred in a field such as behavioral, cognitive, experimental or social psychology, cognitive sciences, Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction or related field; or equivalent experience
Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
Ability to communicate highly specialized information in a systematic and understandable manner and to present this data to audiences with various levels of expertise
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport, establish credibility and serve as a consultant
Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
Functional knowledge of business in general and insurance industry experience in particular preferred
Expertise in ethnographic research methods, product and/or service design research preferred
Practical experience with data analysis and experimental design (focus groups, A/B testing) preferred
Experience with UX research preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
People Analytics is a team of scientists, analysts, U/X experts, and technologists who use science to inform our most important people decisions and to enable an industry-leading employee experience. As a member of the People Analytics team, you will be responsible for developing employee research methods and analytics to generate insights and empower our leaders and HR partners to better understand their organizations and drive strategy.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the team’s Agile sprints through collaboration across the team on a wide variety of projects leveraging your expertise
- Analyze and interpret data and indicators using statistical methods
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from organizational stakeholders
- Explain complicated technical results in a compelling and understandable way for a non-technical audience
- Develop effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive progress and the successful completion of project timelines
- Master’s degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology and 13 years of working experience with applied research methodologies and performing data analysis in a professional environment; OR 15 years of working experience with a Bachelor’s
- Knowledge of best practices around topics such as training and development, leadership, retention, and selection
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Exceptional relationship building with an ability to manage customer expectations in an efficient and effective manner
- Experience in leading survey design and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning with flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigate ambiguous situations
- PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field
- Experience in talent management and/or change management projects
- Experience gathering information from various data sources to include: surveys, HRIS systems, structured interviews, focus group sessions, etc.
- Technical experience with SQL, R, Python, and Tableau
- Experience with the Qualtrics Survey Platform
Ipsos is the world’s third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
Are you passionate about understanding why people do the things they do? Are you interested in the hidden factors that drive consumer decisions? Do you like working on new challenges?
The Ipsos Behavioral Science Center is looking for a senior research director to join our NYC based team of experts. Our primary mission is to partner with Ipsos research teams to integrate and leverage Behavioral Science principles into our research and consulting offers to create holistic, innovative, and actionable solutions for our clients.
One of our core values and point of differentiation in the market is our ability to couple scientific rigor with applied solutions. While we prefer candidates with graduate work in behavioral science or related fields, we are looking first and foremost for people with a passion and interest in consumer psychology and a desire to translate academic principles to real-world challenges.
The Ipsos Behavioral Science Center works with clients across a variety of business sectors – ranging from consumer-packaged goods, to healthcare, to financial, and technology; we also leverage a variety of research approaches – ranging from qualitative, to ethnography, to survey, to online communities, and social listening. We’ve helped a broad range of Fortune 100 companies create more powerful communications, optimize packaging decisions, innovate new products, and create long-term changes in behavior.
We are therefore looking for someone who is comfortable and capable of working on a variety of different project types – typically at the same time. This person should be able to make broad connections and see patterns in research findings and solutions to ultimately help our clients apply learnings from a variety of different sources. The person in this role will working with a variety of internal and external clients and needs to be comfortable interacting with others in a variety of situations and is comfortable thinking on her/his feet.
Your primary role will be working with senior team members to develop business and execute day-to-day project needs. Specifically, you will:
- Apply academic theories and frameworks to create the design and content of client proposals and deliverables to provide insights on client’s business challenges Working with the team to merge academic theories to build unique BeSci point of view for Ipsos
- Develop contents for and lead workshops and webinars, internally and externally
- Participate in client meetings
In addition to the day-to-day tasks, we seek someone who will ultimately contribute to our thought leadership, product development, and internal evangelism for behavioral science insights.
Successful candidates should possess several of the following characteristics:
- Strong passion for Behavioral Science and problem solving
- Demonstrated track-record excellence in previous work (academic, professional, or personal)
- Advance degree in psychology, marketing, anthropology or a field related to understanding human behavior
- Some professional experience (2-4 years) preferred but not required in marketing, insights, or consulting OR advanced degree in related field
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet all deadlines
- Strong ability to make and sustain relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Best of class oral and written communication skills
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter summarizing both how your background prepares you to work on a Behavioral Science team and why are interested in this position
Location: NYC; with occasional traveling (up to 20%).