Here is a sample job advertisement for this type of role…
(1) Process Discovery and Documentation
- Process Documentation: Create and maintain process documentation in both visual and written formats. Written documentation must be in the language of the line of business that owns the process. Additionally, must be able to translate line-of-business language to technical language needed by IT and its technology partners.
- Plan User Interviews: Plan user interviews with the goal to deeply understand their business process(es), their roles and responsibilities, and discover the “why” behind current processes.
- Process improvement: Work with project sponsors, process owners, and key stakeholders to develop, test, and document process improvements.
- Build Expertise: Attend training/webinars offered by vendor to build expertise in the business analyst discipline and attain, at a minimum, the ECBA certification from IIBA with long-term goal of attaining CBAP certification.
(2) Business Requirements Gathering
- Conduct stakeholder interviews: Identify stakeholders and plan stakeholder interviews with the goal to deeply understand their business needs and goals. Interviews must result in fully understanding the requirements to satisfy the business needs and goals.
- Create Requirements Documents: Based on stakeholder interviews, the Business Analyst must clearly document the requirements. Written documentation must be in the language of the line of business that owns the process. Additionally, must be able to translate line-of-business language to technical language needed by IT and its technology partners.
- Develop Business Cases: As part of the project request intake process, the Business Analyst will be responsible for developing business cases used to evaluate the value of the request. This is evaluation is used to help select the right work for Data & IT to complete on behalf of Uncommon.
(3) Operations Hand-off
- Knowledge Base: Coordinate with product owners for the creation and management of all internal and school-facing knowledge base articles on support, troubleshooting, and best practices for the process/solution.
- Training: Assist product owners in developing and facilitating training.
- Operations Documentation: Work with operational teams to document new or changed processes related to supported applications.
- Share Organizational Best Practices: Share your expertise in analysis and documentation through learning opportunities for other members of the team and organization.
Work closely with Home Office teams, school-based Directors of Operations, and members of the Data and IT Team. The Business Analyst will report to the Director of IT, Project Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience developing communication plans, and the ability to bridge between the language of business process owners and technology teams
- Exceptional analytical, critical, and conceptual thinking skills
- A deep desire to understand how work gets done and the ability to ask questions to gain that understanding
- Ability to evaluate and create business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Experience leading ongoing reviews of business processes
- Ability to perform requirements analysis
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Performing user acceptance testing
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders, users, and technical teams
- Ability to monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using Microsoft Visio (preferred) or other diagramming tool
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A demonstrated history of leading and supporting successful projects in a mid-sized matrixed organization (K-12 experience a plus)
Minimum educational level
- Bachelor’s degree required
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Responsible for working with business partners, stakeholders and other team members to identify and understand highly complex business requirements and processes in order to recommend and support the delivery of quality technical solutions. The individual may be asked to assume responsibility for project management activities, including the planning, coordination and execution of projects in support of our business partners. This is a global role with significant focus on the US.
- Responsible for eliciting and documenting business requirements and recommending solutions in support of business needs and overall IT strategies. Produces required project lifecycle documentation such as project initiation documents, detailed business requirements, diagrams and use cases.
- Responsible for producing functional and non-functional specifications as well as other deliverables related to the project(s) assigned.
- Leads customer, stakeholders and development team members in the process of analyzing business requirements and developing solutions aligned with business and IT strategies.
- Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to business or technology processes and/or systems. Consistently demonstrates in-depth knowledge of core business processes.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; write improved procedures.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with Enstar or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with internal control and external regulators by addressing any issues.
- Assumes project management responsibilities on some assignments. In this capacity, Manage smaller technology projects to ensure projects are delivered on time within agreed budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Working with the Project Management Office, manage projects following the Enstar Project Management methodology, ensuring that risks are managed; issues are addressed; costs and time are monitored; communications takes place with stakeholders; quality is managed; and the team is engaged.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides clear written and verbal communications to project team.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of business analysis methodology/processes, based either in IIBA, PMI or BCS
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts, including the business case creation and production of functional specifications.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking, communications, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and MS Access.
- Attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated success in a fast- paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Flexible approach – we are a global operation.
Job Type: Full-time
Hudson Medical is an ambitious, mission-driven team that’s reinventing multi-specialty musculoskeletal care to help people live pain-free.
Hudson Medical has helped thousands of people reverse health problems while achieving their health and wellness goals. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, high-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- You have an uncanny ability to collaborate cross-functionally and get people outside of your direct team on board to help you succeed.
- You’re excited for an opportunity to improve the lives and experiences of our patients and providers by creating tools to rebuild healthcare.
The Business Analyst works closely with the Senior Management to help define & articulate business strategy and support oversight and execution of key enterprise strategic initiatives and other large / complex programs. This team works closely with Technology, Operations, and Finance and other key stakeholders.
- Identifying operational improvements by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating relevant KPIs
- Construct process workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing changes
- Develop technology improvements to support our doctors, health coaches, and care managers.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any improvements
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering or Finance, study or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years in management consulting, finance, operations or product management
- Curious, analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Experience in medical services is a plus
- Discover requirements using the appropriate techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, present state business process models, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, root cause analysis, 5-Why’s, gap analysis, task and workflow analys
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships and engage all impacted areas (business, IS&T, vendors) in requirements discovery.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Write requirements specifications/user stories in the appropriate level of detail to satisfy those who will use them to complete their work. Present requirements in alternative views such as wireframes, future state process maps and other visual diagrams as needed.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and that they conform to standards.
- Lead requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives.
- Follow established policies, processes, procedures and standards according to the software development/project management life cycle approach selected for the application (waterfall, agile-scrum, hybrid…).
- Demonstrate the initiative to produce the appropriate documentation including roadmaps, requirement documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, iteration plans, functional designs, risks, decisions and recommendations documents.
- Work with IS&T technical staff to document technical designs, participate in design reviews, quality assurance test planning, execution and monitoring of testing as required.
- Provide reporting and updates on project status, budget impacts and status of objectives to IS and business leadership as necessary.
- Identify, document and communicate scope changes to affected personnel. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of project change control processes and tools. Communicate changes on a very timely basis and escalate areas of impact as appropriate.
- Lead and develop a team of other less experienced Business Analysts. Demonstrate best practices and create a community of best practices within Core Retail. Lead by example. Foster and mentor others.
- At least 5 years full time work experience as a Business Analyst within Retail
- Proficient in core retail capabilities
- Manage a team of Business Analysts
- Create a Business Analyst community of practice within Core Retail
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to quickly understand and improve complex data and processes
- Strong level of autonomy and self-accountability
- Competent with Visio and LucidCharts
- Team player and able to collaborate with other global areas in a professional and engaging way
- Able to manage time independently, prioritize work under tight deadlines and with changing priorities
- Strong ability to follow-through, persistence to add value and elevate quality
- Proven ability to work with technology teams, understand architecture & perform interface mapping
- Strong technical writing experience
- Pro at analytics and makes decisions based on data
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of tools, including Confluence and JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with course work in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field
- Experience working on cross functional global teams, multitasking and with little direction
- Partners with project sponsors and stakeholder(s) to understand need, build business case, outline initial project charter
- Manage multiple complex projects or other process initiatives with cross-function and cross-region impact.
- Act as the point-of-contact for the extended project team, including the business and technology partners and management. Provide updates, resolve issues and establish project delivery vision for the team.
- Work with business partners to ensure sufficient and detailed project requirements are obtained and documented, based on thorough process analytics and customer input and design sessions across teams.
- Work closely with the development team to review and monitor implementation of specifications to ensure that the finished product meets the stated business requirements within project timelines
- Own project charter including an outline of required resource skills and scheduling, key deliverables and schedule and overall project plan.
- Ensures project is planned and completed by PMO standards and project methodologies
- Lead teams through the project lifecycle from identification to project execution and delivery.
- Leads high-quality delivery with responsibility for task tracking, time reporting, issue tracking, impact reporting, and overall project updates
- Escalates and owns full transparency around project status, issues, risks and drives them to a resolution on a timely basis
- Prepares and presents project status updates, reports and dashboards
- Drives root cause analysis and implements solutions
- Coordinates across project teams to ensure full alignment and resource engagement
- Provide detailed use cases, perform business testing and work closely with quality assurance to ensure the transition to Dealerweb production system is seamless
- Assist relationship management and client services in driving adoption of product enhancements
- Proactively analyze and propose system enhancements which can improve customer experience and create additional revenue
- College graduate with a degree in Finance, Economics or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years related experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with both the business, technology. Across multiple locations and time zones.
- flexible, hardworking and “can do” attitude; comfortable working in a fast paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities.
- In-depth Capital Markets knowledge
- Excellent technical skills; SQL, MS Excel, JIRA, MS Project, SharePoint, Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
Tradeweb is a leading, multi-asset class, electronic trading venue for fixed income, derivatives and ETFs. Tradeweb offers institutional, wholesale and retail market participants unparalleled liquidity, cutting-edge technology and a broad range of data solutions that deliver better price discovery, order execution and trade workflows. The company serves more than 2,000 clients including banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks, corporates, inter-dealer brokers, brokers, financial advisors and registered investment advisors in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Tradeweb operates trading platforms in more than 25 products including government bonds, mortgages, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, interest rate swaps, credit defaults swaps rates, repurchase agreements and equity derivatives. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $525 billion in notional value traded.
Tradeweb Markets LLC (“Tradeweb”) is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.