Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
AML RightSource is the leading firm solely focused on Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and financial crimes compliance solutions. AML RightSource provides highly-trained AML/BSA professionals to assist banks and non-bank financial institutions to meet day-to-day compliance tasks. Services include transaction monitoring, alert backlog management, enhanced due diligence reviews, fraud, and financial crimes advisory matters.
Our highly trained workforce of over 1,000 analysts and subject matter experts includes the industry’s largest team of full time professionals. We typically provide our services directly from our secure facilities in Ohio, Arizona, and New York. AML/BSA staff augmentation services can be provided on site per request.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Associate Analyst II position located at our Buffalo, NY office.
Summary of Position: Responsibilities primarily include transaction monitoring and research of customers deemed to be “high risk” by our various financial institution clients as required by their respective AML/BSA programs.
- Transaction monitoring of assigned accounts to assess potential suspicious activity on the account, such as money laundering.
- Identify data anomalies as they relate to AML initiatives, AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis.
- Assist other members of the Compliance Unit, data management efforts, and other company employees to maintain and implement the most effective means of meeting the company’s AML and other transaction analysis and reporting requirements.
- Work effectively with multiple complex data sources and technical analytical tools/resources.
- Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to company policies and procedures and client requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1 year of AML/BSA experience
- Strong oral and written communications
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, establishing cooperative and collaborative working relationships.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, highly collaborative, able to express ideas readily, manage change fluidly, able to influence and identify opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- AML/BSA: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
AML Compliance Associate – Policies & Procedures
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
AML Compliance Associate
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting AML Program Compliance Associate to join our Compliance team. In this role you will support the development and execution of the Firm’s enterprise-wide risk assessment; assist with metrics and reporting to senior management; support the maintenance of policies and procedures; conducting research and analysis of applicable BSA/AML and Sanctions related laws, regulations, and guidance as applicable to BBH’s AML Program; and assist with enhancements to the AML program.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Policies and procedures
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of firm wide policies and procedures, for example comparing policy drafts with regulatory new rulings to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Analysis and Reporting
- Prepare and validate monthly metrics
- Assist with organizing materials for management reporting, which involves analysis of metrics, creation of committee decks and charts
- Supports testing, validation and preparation of the Department’s annual risk assessment
Exam Management Support
- Gather documentation necessary for examination and audit by external parties.
- Assist in the coordination of examiners, auditors or other third parties as it relates to AML, Sanctions, Banking and Privacy reviews.
Due Diligence Requests
- Assist with responses to external due diligence requests related to AML
- Experience in Transaction Monitoring, investigations, KYC, and/or sanctions
- Experience working with and presenting data.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience
What We Offer :
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
lyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Participates from inception through implementation, in cross-functional or cross business issues designed to ensure business compliance with laws, regulations, and policy requirements across key/complex risk levels.
- Utilizes Issue Management processes and project management methodology from the initiation, planning, control requirements, execution, and closing phases of each issue; end results may include improved productivity, technology, processes, cost savings, and controls.
- May support any area of the business (organizationally, regionally or product-wise) from an issue/project perspective; regular engagement with Senior Business Level Officers, Legal, Risk, and Compliance regarding complex matters.
- Initiates and develops relationships with others throughout the business unit and the company in order to identify and understand business needs
- Implement solutions to improve effectiveness and results
- Ensure a culture of accountability, integrity and respect
- Works issues/projects as assigned to support improvements
- Identify and analyze escalated problems and provide guidance for resolution
- Negotiate solutions and acts as a liaison with internal and external clients
- Monitor, research and evaluate technological advances in the industry to identify appropriate alternatives for enhancing current department operations
- Evaluate cost/benefits, make recommendations, develop and oversee implementation plans
- Provides judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations
- Directly impacts the area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results
- Implement and develop controls to prevent risk within specialized business
- Analyzes and identifies risk and performs analytical reporting
- Acts as a consultant to the businesses regarding processes & controls
- Drives corrective actions
- Provides support to business activity owners and Third Party Risk and Control functions
- Coordinates and assists with onsite reviews
- Completion of compliance documentation and on boarding activities relevant to compliance due diligence.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of control and/or project experience
- High attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions
- Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
- Ability to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view
- Required Licensing/Registration: AMLCA, ACAMS
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Municipal Credit Union has been serving the financial needs of its members for over 100 years. Headquartered in the financial district of Manhattan with assets of almost $3 billion, we serve over 500,000 members with 16 branches in the five boroughs. Currently, Municipal Credit Union is reinventing itself under new leadership with a mission of providing the best member service and exceptional value to our members. If you are interested in changing the status quo and making a difference in peoples’ lives, consider joining our new team! Municipal Credit Union offers a highly competitive total rewards package including retirement benefits, medical and dental plans, generous paid time off and much more.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The BSA/AML/OFAC Officer will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance functions performed by the BSA Department and collectively implemented throughout Municipal Credit Union (MCU).
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain MCU’s BSA/AML/OFAC program in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and prudent business practices.
- Responsible for reporting to the Board and Senior Management on a periodic and routine basis the information necessary for them to effectively execute their responsibilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the non-BSA/AML and Investigations areas of MCU are fully apprised of the Department’s work and is expected to actively work on the relationship building and communication necessary to ensure the success of the Department, its staff and its mission.
- Spearhead communications and relationship building between the Department, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the periodic, routine execution and results of a qualified, appropriate validation/optimization of the automated solutions.
- Provide periodic BSA/AML/OFAC metrics to critical parties as required or requested.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained and available for internal/external audits and legal requests.
- Gather metrics from across the Department and other operational areas to justify, support or make recommendations for changes to the processes used by the Department to execute its BSA/AML/OFAC operational responsibilities.
- Serve as the Quality Assurance reviewer for any work performed directly by the Assistant BSA Officer, including drafted SARs, employee-related matters and other sensitive subjects.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate training to the Board, Supervisory Committee and employees, including new employees. This includes working with Human Resources to assign appropriate annual BSA/AML/OFAC training to all staff, new and existing as well as annual security awareness training.
- Complete annual BSA/AML/OFAC training requirements and keeps current with Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing trends and sets the example for the importance of ongoing training.
- Participate in the credit union activities, such as the Disaster Recovery Test and Business Continuity Test.
- In conjunction with the Assistant BSA Officer, establishes and oversees MCU’s BSA/AML program and OFAC program so that they operate in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. This includes, but is not limited to performing, or causing to perform, risk assessments, and establishing or causing to be established appropriate policies and appropriate procedures (collectively “BSA/AML and OFAC Programs” or “Programs”).
- Oversee all responsibilities assigned to the Assistant BSA Officer, Senior Investigator, Investigator and/or Analyst roles, as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring MCU enrolls annually in FinCEN 314(b) participation activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a science, law or math discipline or equivalent working experience.
- A minimum of ten years of related experience in a financial institution or in an investigatory/law enforcement position.
- Must have a solid understanding of the application of the BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and related regulations to MCU.
- Must have knowledge and an understanding of Federal, State and Local criminal statutes.
- Must have an understanding of alarm and surveillance systems.
- CAMS and CFE certifications a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to proactively establish and build relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to interpret and understand laws and regulations.
- Ability and desire to develop staff.
- Highly ethical.
Municipal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Know Your Client (KYC) Operator will:
- Provide regular communication to Senior Bank stakeholders on changes in KYC, Anti Money Laundering (‘AML’) and Anti Financial Crime (‘AFC’) areas and ensure any changes required are implemented with minimum disruptions
- Assist the company’s clients by managing all KYC and account opening requirements with appropriate governance and controls
- Operate in an environment of strict adherence to Standard Operating procedures (‘SOP’s) and Operation Level Agreements (OLA’s) to achieve accurate and timely account opening to help execute trades
- 2+ years of Know Your Client (KYC) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Computer savvy
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Bilingual (English and Portuguese)
Eclaro International is currently recruiting for KYC Analyst for one of our financial services clients.
- Focuses on client onboarding (COB) and exceptions in line with regulatory standards and jurisdictions
- Provides regular communication to senior Bank stakeholders on changes in KYC, Anti Money Laundering (‘AML’) and Anti Financial Crime (‘AFC’) areas and ensures any changes required are implemented with minimum disruptions
- Also assists the Bank’s clients, managing all KYC and account opening requirements with appropriate governance and controls
- They operate in an environment of strict adherence to Standard Operating procedures (‘SOP’s) and Operation Level Agreements (OLA’s) to achieve accurate and timely account opening to help execute trades
- Fluent in Portuguese preferred
Job Type: Contract
- portuguese (Preferred)
- 5 – 6 months
- One location