Here are links to sample job ads for Brand Strategy / Planning (Note: Some companies also call this role Brand Manager, while other companies define Brand Manager differently)…
We are looking for a Brand Strategist to help us grow our reputation in the market and appeal to a larger audience. Brand Strategist responsibilities include analyzing consumer insights, crafting plans for our creative team and developing guidelines to promote our company across various channels. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with brand management and a good understanding of our industry. Ultimately, you will ensure our brand message and tone are consistent across all online and offline channels.
- Gather feedback from sales and analyze consumer behavior to define our company’s positioning
- Craft our differentiation strategy
- Create guidelines that define our company’s voice both online and offline (including terminology and slogans)
- Brief our creative team about marketing projects they’ll be working on (for example ebooks, email campaigns and advertising banners)
- Conduct competitive research to identify our strengths and weaknesses
- Design promotional campaigns for new products and markets
- Develop our social media strategy
- Assess the performance of our advertising campaigns and events
- Analyze market trends and identify new opportunities and challenges
- Work experience as a Brand Strategist or similar role in Marketing
- Portfolio of brand-building projects is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Experience developing marketing strategies based on market segmentation
- Data-driven thinking
- Communication and writing skills
- BSc/MSc in Marketing or relevant field
Job Type: Full-time
- Brand Strategist: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Consultant, Brand Strategy & Insights
Who you are
You raise your hand and shout “I got this”, when opportunities arise. You don’t shy away from challenges, even when they scare you. You love working in teams and “put we before me” in order to get things done. You deliver exceptional work. In fact, you will only accept awesome output. You are excited to leave a mark and make a difference in everything you do. These are a few of our core values at C Space that we live and breathe every day. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
In this role you will be responsible for creating solutions that harness the power and inspiration of consumers. You are excited by the possibility of combining art and science in the interest of problem solving against business objectives. You possess an uncanny ability to actively listen, ask the right questions, and articulate the true nature of the challenge and possible outcomes. You can’t wait to develop a solution to that challenge and you jump at the chance to creatively combine your knowledge of methods and arsenal of techniques and tools to do just that. You don’t stop there because you know that you have to design a plan that works, getting the right answer in the right amount of time to ensure the results are relevant. You also have the ability to sift through mounds of qualitative data across multiple research activities, uncover the insights hidden beneath the surface, and bring them to life for your clients. However, you aren’t satisfied with just learning what consumers say or do. You elevate the findings by interpreting what they mean for clients in terms of business strategy and what actions they should take as a result. You function best in a collaborative work environment coaching, mentoring and sharing with junior and senior staff alike. Most importantly, you are looking to make a difference every day at a growing, dynamic company.
What you’ll do
As a Consultant, Brand Strategy & Insights, you will demonstrate your creative fortitude and solid, strategic thinking through:
Diagnosing what we are solving for. Developing and planning solutions.
- Lead client discussions to define objectives by actively listening and asking the right questions
- Become immersed in not only the client’s business but also the customer’s perspective, in order to bring creative ideas to the client organization
- Devise creative, focused and effective activities, projects and frameworks that generate insights or foster consumer collaboration
- Design a project plan efficiently, to yield great insights and resonant reports
- Devise a strategy that allows for iterations and depth when needed, including known parameters, methodology and timeline
- Display versatility in writing styles and formats (e.g., from quick team emails to C-suite communications), effectively adapting your writing to diverse audiences
- Collaborate with clients and Client Services and Consulting teams to gather and translate business priorities and objectives into effective research plans and compelling, actionable reports
- “Own the insights” on your client accounts; show strategic thinking for your clients and be adept at not merely sharing findings and insights, but at providing business recommendations and sharing a voice in plans for action
- Demonstrate deep analytic thinking and curiosity by continuously looking for opportunities to build your stories and conversations with clients (e.g., surfacing unanswered questions relevant to client objectives, incorporating knowledge of industry trends into reports to place insights into broader, more meaningful context)
Analysis & Reporting
- Conduct in-depth analyses of qualitative and quantitative results to uncover actionable insights relevant to client business and research objectives
- Craft creative, clear and concise stories. Elevate findings into insightful reports that bring the voice of the consumer to life
- Utilize a variety of visual elements in reports including charts, graphs, imagery and other creative techniques to highlight key insights and engage readers
- Present findings to clients and lead discussions regarding insights and their impact on the business, ultimately with the goal of inspiring our clients
- Work alongside team members from Client and Consumer Services to develop and maintain excellent relationships with business clients
- Develop and actively lead facilitation plans to meet client and team expectations
- Mentor and coach more junior team members with regard to research design, project execution, research analysis and reporting
- Participate in internal initiatives to develop company points of view, thought leadership, innovative techniques and formats
- Develop and deliver internal company training as part of the implementation of C Space’s point of view and best evolving practices
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-9 years of professional experience in Brand Planning, Market Research, Consumer Insights, Brand Management or Strategy
- BA/BS degree in business or related social science discipline
- Passion and experience in project design and planning to garner insight or cultivate collaboration and innovation across a number of topics and industries
- Experience in writing, copyediting and narrative development
- Deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative research design and analysis
- Ability and interest in writing insightful, creative reports that can satisfy a researcher’s need for detailed analysis yet be packaged in a way that engages a senior-level marketing audience
- A confident and clear presenter, who is at ease with diverse audiences
- Validated time management skills; you are able to set priorities and manage expectations
- Strong client relationship and consulting skills
- Positive teammate with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced, intense work environment and is accepting of change
- Strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel, Word and particularly PowerPoint)
About C Space
Our clients call us their customer agency.
We create rapid insight and business change, putting customers at the heart of companies and solving problems from the customer’s perspective. We keep our clients relevant by building real, ongoing relationships with customers that in turn help them deliver superior experiences, launch successful products and build loyalty. Our customized approaches are tailored to specific business needs and include online insight communities, immersive storytelling, data and analytics, activation events, innovation projects and business consulting. We do this for many of the world’s best-known brands – like Bose, Walmart, Jaguar Land Rover, Mars, Samsung, IKEA and more – to create “Customer Inspired Growth”.
We are passionate about our people and proud of our culture. We co-created a set of values to ensure that we are delivering fantastic work, continuing to learn and developing and building a high-performance culture which creates opportunities for those who work here:
- I’ve got this: taking responsibility, doing what we say we will
- Only accept awesome: delivering high quality work that we are proud of and has impact
- Show the love: celebrating successes and ensuring everyone has a voice
- Do what scares you: challenging ourselves, taking risks and learning more
- Tell it like it is: being honest and freeing ourselves from “office politics” and “hidden agendas”
- Open up and listen: listening first and fully before we respond or react
- Find what fascinates: being passionate about the world and our clients’ worlds
- We before me: putting the team first
- Leave your mark: everyone has an opportunity drive change in our business and for our clients
To learn more, visit www.cspace.com ( http://www.cspace.com ) or follow us on Twitter @CSpaceGlobal and Instagram @c_spaceglobal. C Space is a part of DDB, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
Interested? We look forward to receiving applications from people with diverse backgrounds – talented, creative people with their own voice, ideas and perspectives.
Headquartered in Boston, London, and Shanghai, C Space has offices in New York and San Francisco.
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people’s lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
VMLY&R’s BrandAsset® Valuator Group (BAV) is seeking a highly skilled Brand Analyst to join our rapidly growing brand consultancy. We have a fast-paced team environment where initiative is valued and creative thinking is encouraged.
The Brand Analyst will be assigned to client teams across a variety of consumer-driven categories, performing analytic research, becoming an expert on VMLY&R’s proprietary database of consumer brand perception (BAV) and using qualitative insights to provide clients with recommendations on business strategies.
You must have a proven interest in marketing and brand insights and be comfortable working with and interpreting data.
- Analyzing the various facets of a brand, including brand personality, performance, positioning, targeting, loyalty, partnerships and elasticity, using proprietary research such as BAV, and that of key research vendors such as Simmons, TRU, Iconoculture, etc.
- Perform advanced multivariate statistical work such as factor analysis; cluster analysis; perceptual mapping; linear and non-linear regression; longitudinal modeling using SPSS or other advanced statistical software
- Interpret and apply analytics to strategic brand development, brand positioning and dynamics, brandscape evaluation, brand imagery diagnosis, consumer segmentation, etc.
- Creatively integrating quantitative and qualitative findings and presenting strategic recommendations to internal teams and clients.
- Closely collaborating with the Brand Planning department by providing analytic brand insights that drive brand and advertising strategy development for our clients as well as new business prospects.
- Working with clients to determine relative brand strengths and weaknesses, and to develop strategies to improve their brand’s equity among key customer targets.
- Conducting secondary research on clients, their brand portfolio, their customers and their competitors in order to understand the internal and external environment of the brand.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong interest in and knowledge of advertising/marketing, particularly branding
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in social sciences research or other related fields preferred
- Strength in analytic skills; prior statistics and/or market research experience
- Very strong reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation ability
- Excellent research skills
- Fluency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in SPSS/statistical packages
- Experience with Simmons and other brand/consumer research tools an asset
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VMLY&R is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team at Uproxx .
A little bit about our team:
The Brand Strategist will be a key member in advertiser-driven and marketing initiatives across UPROXX. This individual will work to create strategic programs based on client briefs, data and insights, with the goal of generating revenue for the larger sales team. The position is part of the Marketing & Brand Strategy Team and reports directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy. Collaboration is at the core of this role as this individual will work closely with pre and post sales teams including: sales, account management, research, and the UPROXX Studios team on a daily basis.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Brand Strategist will have the unique opportunity to work at the biggest youth culture company on the planet. In this role, they’ll not only have the opportunity to work with an award-winning production studio, but also with some of the brightest minds and biggest talents as well.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will lead creative brainstorms for RFPs and client briefs
- You will own the entire process of lower to mid budget tier RFPs ($50K – approximately $400K) (i.e. brainstorming, building unique strategies that answer client goals, creating client presentations, communicating strategies to clients, answering client questions, managing both internal and external back communication to get strategies sold in)
- You will work hand-in-hand with the brand strategy & marketing, studio, account management, research, revenue operations, and greater sales team to craft strategic proposals & presentations
- You will build client presentations that tell smart, compelling stories
- You will conduct competitive research & brand marketing analysis with the use of Brandtale/Numerator
- You will present competitive research & brand marketing analysis to the larger sales team on a regular basis
- You will manage RFP delivery calendars
- You will build proactive pitch materials & general marketing materials (general presentations, client one-sheets, audience research, etc.)
- You will work with the UPROXX editorial team to package up editorial initiatives & calendars for clients
- You will build case studies that showcase the effectiveness of UPROXX campaigns
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- College Degree preferred
- You have 1-3 years of marketing experience
- You have experience working in the media industry (creative agencies, publishers, brand marketing, etc.)
- You are a creative writer
- You have experience building client presentations (Keynote & PowerPoint)
- You have design experience (for presentation building purposes)
- You have a deep understanding of the digital & social media landscape
- You are knowledgeable about music, entertainment, sports, travel, food & drink and cultural events
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Direct experience working with RFPs and creative brand briefs
- Creative agency, media agency, publishing, or brand marketing experience (1-3 years)
- Deep insight into cultural trends
- Experience conducting research
- Photoshop experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Senior Associate, Brand Strategy (Naming)
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will use strategic, analytical and creative thinking regularly. You will have the opportunity to consult with clients across industries, throughout the world and on a range of firm capabilities (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, naming, customer experience and signature cues).
As a Senior Associate, you will be responsible for structuring and managing the case in terms of thinking and project management. You will use business knowledge, past experience and case team resources effectively to address client challenges and fulfill project deliverables.
With a specialization in naming, you are experienced in:
- Understanding the nuances and complexities of naming for global brands, particularly at the corporate level, and understanding how to navigate to a solution
- Managing the naming process, including development of name criteria and timelines, briefing namers, coordinating short-listing and owning creative master lists
- Developing strategic rationales for names to be presented for products, services and companies across industries
- Working across a range of concurrent projects
- Presenting with confidence and pizzazz to very senior audiences
- Selling in a recommendation
- Guiding clients through the naming process and providing counsel along the journey
This role offers exposure to a talented and passionate team all the while developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. You will have the opportunity to shape the perception of existing and new brands, driving changes in the global marketplace.
Responsibilities could include:
- Supervise the development of potential brand strategy opportunities based on client business strategy / vision, industry and competitive dynamics, best practice analysis and customer insights
- Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging the client and firm resources effectively
- Collaborate with other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
- Structure project work plans and guide team work flow
- Develop storyboards and identify applicable frameworks for client presentations
- Effectively communicate with both internal case teams and external client teams
- Play a significant role in formal and informal client presentations
- Conduct in-depth interviews with clients and their customers
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, partnering with analytics specialists as appropriate
- Help motivate, develop and direct junior staff
- Help manage client expectations
- Work under minimal supervision
- Manage case team resources (e.g., talent, IC, budget)
- Developing client relationships for business development opportunities
- 7-12 years of experience in consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management or planning, specialization in naming strongly preferred
- MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
- Willingness to travel, including internationally
- Strong project management abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Director, Global Brand Strategy & Consumer Insights
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton’s Director of Global Strategy and Consumer Insights will lead the Global Strategy and Consumer Insights department, overseeing the creation and execution of all brand strategy and consumer insights responsibilities. Reporting to the SVP of Global Brand Marketing, he or she will create a research agenda for all current and future products, helping shape both the current marketing and future go to market strategies for the company. They will be a part of the broader Brand team and will be responsible for partnering with the brand managers on developing new product positioning, writing clear agency briefs, leading all creative research and providing creative feedback as the champion of the consumer. They will own all consumer segmentation work and view of the consumer across all current and future products and will set up and maintain ongoing tracking. As Peloton enters new markets, they will help understand the local consumer to ensure Peloton is set up from success in new markets. He or she will also work cross-functionally with the Acquisition, Retention, Product and Content teams with their research needs and most importantly help translate consumer insights into action across the company. They will be both an individual contributor and a manager, with 2 direct reports to begin (and an expectation that the team will grow).
- Lead the global consumer research agenda
- Help shape Peloton’s go to market strategy for new products and markets
- Own consumer segmentation globally and maintain an ongoing view of the consumer
- Understand barriers to purchase across products and markets and identify solutions with marketing / sales team to address them
- Manage the complete process of planning and executing qualitative and quantitative research studies globally, including: questionnaire development, programming and testing surveys, analyzing results, and producing final reports.
- Write RFPs, review proposals, and coordinate research projects with internal and external partners
- Set-up and maintain ongoing tracking across products (awareness, consideration, purchase intent, etc.)
- 8-12 years of experience in marketing strategy or consumer insights function
- Ability to be strategic and see the big picture, while also able to roll up their sleeves and get work done
- Experience setting a research agenda but then also executing qualitative and quantitative research
- Understanding of a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
- Comfortable working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Strong attention to detail, written and oral communications skills
- Team player, extraordinarily collaborative and inclusive
The Brand Manager for WeGrow will oversee creative production and brand standards for WeWork’s new conscious entrepreneurial education initiative. This position directs and helps coordinate the day-to-day strategy, creative and production efforts with the greater WeGrow team. In this role, the Brand Manager should be comfortable in and with:
- An environment where creativity can happen
- Efficient and effective management of campaigns and projects
- A collaborative and productive environment in a fast-paced production environment
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work cross-functionally to drive the direction of and project manage Brand Team efforts
- Manage creative request process, ensuring timely, dynamic, and on-brand collateral, content, and other marketing materials
- Collaborate with stakeholders to discuss core messaging and target audience to develop content direction for marketing materials
- Organize/filter creative feedback obtained from internal and external teams to provide direction to creative team and implement actionable feedback
- Manage brand standards, positioning, messaging, and tone by reviewing and approving local materials
- Proactively support brand marketing needs of new locations and events
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-7 years of marketing experience at a brand or agency, interdepartmental project management experience a plus
- Paid media and creative development experience
- Excellent creative and marketing instincts
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management and prioritization skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexible schedule
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own?
- Conceptualize and craft our brand experiences across a range of platforms.
- Apply your skills for translating research findings, marketing needs, and visual insights into new approaches for communicating to people, prospects, and existing customers, and then taking them into production.
- Working closely with your teammates (video producers, copywriters, content, animators, experience designers, and developers) to sketch ideas, develop concepts, prototype solutions, and test quickly to define engaging solutions for launching.
- Translate concepts for developers to build, and ship quality brand experiences, and own the quality of the shipped work, and initiate accordingly to improve.
What defines a Molekule designer?
- At our core, we’re humble, self-motivated, creative problem solvers who listen, and collaborate with other disciplines to build meaningful experiences that help people live better.
- Each of us embodies a growth mindset to deal with ambiguity comfortably. We’re energized by complex problems, and work diligently to improve the customers’ journey from the first time they see us.
What design skills you will bring?
- Ability to design through digital and physical visual languages, to craft a connected visual ecosystem for the customer to engage and resonate with, and present them a consistent experience.
- Apply brand assets and guidelines both directly, and in innovative ways.
- Think about projects from a strategic perspective, and then down to color, pixel, print, and typography design details.
- Present polished mockups and flows for solutions using Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Overflow, Zeplin, Invision / Principle, and other modern tools. Animation skills like After Effects are nice to have, but not essential.
- Develop diverse approaches to solving a given problem, communicate ideas to a cross-functional team with clarity, and iterate on feedback quickly.
- Launch work on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence at a high level, and find yourself being motivated by the pace, and range of work.
What experience will you bring?
- Bachelor of Arts degree or relevant years of experience.
- 5+ years of designing visual brand experiences across digital and physical of in-house and/or agency
- Must have shipped projects.
- Worked in small, fast-paced startups, and get excited about the challenges it can bring, creating visually refined, visually systematic experiences, within an existing brand language.
- An active team collaborator on the design process and project development, to improve our team practices.
- Strong communicator that plays an engaged role in critiques, reviews, and discussions and is an equally good listener to hear other points of view to build stronger concepts together.
- Has partnered with cross-functional teams to discover opportunities to improve existing brand communication and identify new approaches for future growth.
Who you are:
- You’re a visual communicator. You will explore how brands are built from the ground up and help conceive and develop compelling visual identities that are rooted in strategy and answer our clients’ business needs.
- You like working in a team environment and are excited to partner with your colleagues to create all visual elements for our clients- ranging from logos and typefaces to art direction and illustration work.
- From brainstorming and initial concepting through final production, you’ll work closely with Design Leads, Design Directors and Creative Directors to push design work forward. You will handle everything from sketching and visualizing to refining final assets for delivery to clients.
- You’re a multidisciplinary thinker. You are curious to learn more about other creative disciplines and will collaborate across strategy, digital, industrial design and advertising to create memorable brand experiences for clients.
- You’re proactive and enjoy creative problem-solving- you can manage your time and meet deadlines and no design challenge is too big or small.
Nuts and bolts:
- 3-4 years of graphic design experience in a creative or branding agency. Your work might be more rooted in traditional graphic design but you’re eager to learn more about creating brand systems.
- You have proficient knowledge of type, layouts, and use of color with excellent typography and drawing skills and expertise using Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have the ability to receive direction and learn from teammates but also take initiative to meet various design challenges. You have an entrepreneurial hustle with a passion for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
What works here:
In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.