Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Game Art Illustrator & Animator
About Variant Labs, LLC
Variant Labs is the advanced technology group for Poker King, the largest online cash game poker site in the world. The group develops leading-edge security technology and creates innovative real money game designs for Poker King. Variant bets on its people. Outstanding talent and achievement should be rewarded with a superior work environment, outsized incentives, and growth opportunities. If you are the best, you deserve the best. Not later. Now.
This is an amazing chance to work with a fast-growing Asian company in the online gaming industry. The position will be in-house within our Foster City, California office.
The position will include communication and interaction of various design teams located in Hong Kong, Manila, and Foster City. You will be responsible for creating modern, cutting-edge user-interface designs and game art while reporting directly to the senior UI designer.
This will be a full-time salaried position.
- Able to communicate proficiently in English and Mandarin regarding illustrations and game animations
- At least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced company environment directly involved with UI design
- Some sort of formal post-secondary education in UI/UX design preferred (but not required)
- Able to work in-house but also remotely with different departments located globally
- A current online portfolio with designs that you have done directly along with links (please ensure to provide links)
- You are proactive and do not wait around for instruction but rather chase down tasks and do your best to provide suggestions and feedback
- Work with Sketch App and Adobe Creative Suite
- You respond well to constructive criticism to improve designs and productivity
- You can start working relatively soon (within a month or sooner)
If you have experience working with Asian companies, this is a bonus.
- Take new game specifications or guidelines and turn them into the highest quality hi-fi mock-ups
- Provide critical feedback and suggestions for ongoing user-interface improvement
- Use Trello to communicate with various design teams and complete tasks
- Constant communication with design, marketing, and development teams (English and Mandarin)
- Receive constructive criticism from the senior UI designer and the head of design
- Complete quarterly review reports on each designer
- Report and communicate daily and directly to the senior UI designer
If you are looking for a company that will not only values your skillset but also challenges you to rise to be the best designer you can be, look no further. Let’s get you started on your new journey.
Please include your cover letter, your resume and your online portfolio with your submission.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Principia Engineering, Inc., was founded in 2005 by engineers from Exponent, Inc. Our venture is driven by the desire to focus on the fundamental practice of failure analysis and accident reconstruction. We offer the highest level of technical consulting services specializing in failure analysis, the analysis of root causes of accidents and product failures.
· We are a place where people with a passion for solving problems want to work and can thrive.
· We are committed to excellence and quality work for all our clients.
· We are committed to building a work environment which supports and builds on our individual passions.
- Manage and aid in solving complex technical problems in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Work in conjunction with the testifiers & engineers to create various graphics-based projects and exhibits
- Be expected to independently solve issues and create techniques for adapting point cloud data sets into usable meshes for simulation and analysis or for animation
- Principia Software – Experience with any is a plus
- AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, ReCap, PhotoModeler, AGISoft Metashape Pro, Vray, PFTrack
- 3D software: Rhino, SketchUp
- Point Cloud Processing (e.g. FARO Scene, Cloud Compare)
- Photogrammetric processing (e.g. Pix4D)
- Rendering Engines: (e.g. Mental Ray, Arnold and Scanline)
- 3D Modeling and Animation Software: Revit, Inventor, Maya
- Motion tracking software (e.g. SynthEyes)
- Drone operation and scene capture
- Experience working with video and photograph-based camera matching to imported Point Cloud/Laser Scan Data
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in engineering, 3D modeling and animation or related field
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver projects with deadlines as well as work autonomously to go the extra mile in delivering assignments
- Ability to learn new concepts, techniques, and software quickly
Nickelodeon’s Nick Jr., the #1 preschool brand, seeks an Animator for Nickelodeon Digital, Preschool Division. The Animator will report to the Director of Interactive, and be responsible for animating characters and motion graphics, while solving visual and storytelling challenges. The Animator will be responsible for day-to-day animation deliveries working as a character animator and motion graphics animators.
- Animator with both 3D and 2D character animation skills, who understands game/interactive production (e.g. creating loops, idles, non-linear animated segments)
- Analyzing and mimicking an established animation style
- Ability to composite and animate in After Effects
- Creative problem solver
- Attend production check-ins & creative weeklies
- Flexibility to assume additional responsibilities as required
- Partner with Creative Producers to maintain creative excellence and feasibility that uphold and enhance the brand
- Be extremely detail-oriented, organized and thorough, able and willing to refine work to a high degree of polish
- Experience in Animation Production & Post Production
- Experienced in Maya 3D character animation
- Experienced in Toon Boom Harmony and After Effects puppeted-style animation
- Proficient in tracking and compositing in Adobe After Effects
- Able to work on-site at our downtown NY office
- Knowledge of Black Magic Fusion helpful, but not required
- Excellent communication skills and a professional collaborative attitude
- Be flexible and have enthusiasm for innovation and change
- Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to inherited pipelines and animate in them as needed
- Must have enthusiasm for innovation and change, and interest in keeping abreast of new developments
- Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts