Here are a few sample job advertisements for this type of role:
HRIS Manager (Workday)
Workday technical and functional, 5 years (Required)
leadership (HR teams and project), 5 years (Required)
- Work authorization:
United States (Required)
Our client, one of the world’s most prestigious global law firms, is looking for a Sr. HRIS Manager with an advanced technical background in Workday HCM and project implementation/people management experience. This is a FT, permanent position and could be in NY, DC, or LA.
As the HRIS Manager, you will lead a team of analysts/administrators as the SME in all technical and functional aspects of all Workday HR platforms, specifically Compensation and Benefits Performance Contracting Recruitment Training and Development Labor Relations Job Analysis and Design rolled out globally. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing global HRIS projects, such as systems implementations, databases, reporting, compliance, workflow analysis and improvements
- Planning and designing project scope, goals, timelines, and resources (people, funding, support) in order to ensure high-quality, scalable and cost-effective solutions that meet business requirements, align to architectural designs and provide for a positive end-user experience
- Monitoring post-implementation environments to ensure optimal efficiency
- Protecting information and ensuring data privacy and adherence to compliance measures
- Proposing solutions, inspiring collaboration, and building trust with both technical teams and internal/external stakeholders
- Ensuring thorough documentation of SLAs, SOPs, project requirements, conceptual design, and end-to-end processes
- Managing, developing and coaching individual team members to ensure developmental goals are achieved to maximize performance expectations, optimize efficiencies, leverage best practices to focus on continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Computer Science, Information Management or other related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position within a large corporate HR setting with a proven track record of managing multiple cross-functional teams (including vendors, contractors)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with enterprise HR technology, project management, process improvement and team development
- Advanced Workday enterprise experience (implementation/configuration/data analytics)
- Advanced knowledge of HCM platforms, including but not limited to Acquisition, Learning and Development, Compensation, Payroll, Time Tracking, Performance Management, Workforce Planning and Benefits (including Leaves Administration and Retirement)
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices (PM certification is desired)
- Advanced knowledge of business and workflow analysis with a focus upon continuous improvement, security and data management and HR practices and principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Prism, viDesktop and LinkedIn Learning experience or equivalent preferred.
Our client offers an excellent compensation package allied with a robust benefits plan.
Workday Certified Senior Consultant
As a Workday Certified Senior Consultant in our HR Transformation practice, you should expect to be involved in the following:
- Leading workstreams on large, complex projects for areas such as Advanced Compensation, Compensation, Data Conversion, Security etc.
- Gather business requirements and build consensus around business processes and design
- Communication of Workday system capabilities
- Manage on and offshore resources
- Consistent and ongoing interaction with client subject matter experts
- Configuration of Workday application in your specialty module
- Serve as mentor to junior staff
- 4+ years’ related experience
- Workday Certification in Advanced Compensation, Compensation, Security etc.
- 2 FLC implementations of Workday
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Data Conversion, Workday Security
- Experience leading requirements gathering workshops or facilitating meetings
- Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience with and desire to mentor junior staff
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Travel up to 80 (While 80% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Advanced Compensation, Compensation, or Security certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience with MS Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- External consulting experience with a large consulting firm.
Curriculum Associates seeks a highly-qualified Workday Administrator to serve as a member of the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Workday Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the Workday HCM/Financials tenant in the various environments. They will also be responsible for assisting with configuration changes, testing and implementing technical enhancements and solutions to our Workday platform. They will work closely with our ERP Administrator, business stakeholders and other members of IT team on an on-going basis.
Why join this team:
You’ll have Tier 1 application exposure and get involved with an ongoing implementation that is transforming our business over a multi-phase, multi-year project.
The impact you’ll have:
- Responsible for performing day-to-day Workday administrative functions including user setup, security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, and upgrades
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving all end user tickets within a timely manner
- Work closely with the IT team to make sure the integration with all systems is functioning optimally
- Responsible for partnering with business and IT team members to lead end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing
- Ownership of creating and maintaining documentation related to enhancements, business process and workflow changes
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and supporting a variety of reports and queries – both standard and custom
- Responsible for providing training to end users and IT team members. Serve as the technical expert.
- Identify, recommend and track opportunities for process and operational improvements.
- Create and maintain custom fields, objects, validation rules, etc. to meet business requirements.
- Regularly perform data integrity audits and validation and follow up with appropriate steps for corrections if necessary.
- Help drive business process improvements and efficiencies by leveraging technology within the Workday platform, and deliver measurable results
- Assist business analysts during requirements gathering and help project managers identify required tasks, timelines, dependencies, critical path items, resource requirements, etc. to complete a project.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting or working with Workday’s HCM suite.
- Functional knowledge of HCM business processes (e.g. Compensation, Absence, Benefits, Recruiting, Onboarding, Goals & Performance, Career & Development, Payroll, Time Tracking, etc.) as well as strong systems analytics and support background.
- Understanding of SQL and other related query and scripting languages.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies to solve business challenges is required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a matrix environment.
- Strong customer service skills with high concern for customer satisfaction.
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support off-hour deployments.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT, Human Resource Management, or Finance related field or equivalent work experience.
More about this role:
Location: Remote until after COVID-19, then candidate will work out of the Concord Road office in Billerica with opportunity to work one day remotely.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Senior Associate, Workday Financials
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Enterprise Solutions for our Consulting practice.
- Participate in Workday Financials projects involving strategy, implementation support, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) optimization related to Information Technology (IT) operations, business processes, security, and data integrity for the Workday applications
- Review and map Workday business processes
- Execute the day-to-day activities of Workday advisory engagements for a variety of clients including process design, package implementation lifecycle support, and project reviews
- Review business processes and advise clients on system services available within the Workday application
- Identify and communicate findings to senior management and client personnel
- A minimum of three years of enterprise resource planning (ERP), Financials implementation and upgrade experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Completion of one full implementation with Workday Financials and Workday certification in Financials or Integration (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn’t currently hold the aforementioned certification will be required to secure one within three months from the commencement of employment)
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to write at a publication quality level
- Detailed understanding of ERP System concepts and general module functionality
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.