Here are a few sample job advertisements for visual merchandising roles…
Visual Merchandising Manager
Visual Merchandising Manager, Retail Marketing
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Visual Merchandising Manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader whose goal is to define visual merchandising standards for retail that help drive brand awareness, meet sales objectives and maximize profitability. You will be a part of Google’s internal Creative team, working hand-in-hand with designers, product teams, and training to define presentation standards, develop and maintain planograms and deliver an excellent in-store experience to grow a loyal consumer base. The role enables you to organize product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategy for global deployment.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
Be responsible for defining a results-driven product merchandise strategy and spearheading global alignment of Google’s merchandising strategy for hardware.
Refer to analytics and sales data to strategize new visual merchandising solutions that support product sales projections while thoughtfully balancing brand aesthetic.
Create and maintain planograms for all of Google’s retail executions in support of product launches, seasonal campaigns, and presentation refreshes.
Collaborate with internal design resources such as Creative Producers, Designers and development to realize and prove out visual merchandising concepts.
Act in alignment to the organization’s culture, products, image and target market.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
3 years of experience in visual merchandising
Experience in creating window displays, signs, interior displays and space utilization.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, or other visual design tools, and Google’s productivity apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Strength in analyzing sales reports and survey results to develop a strategy
Ability to effectively communicate, lead, and manage complex projects from concept to production within associated timelines with multiple stakeholders and be able to storyboard, illustrate, or translate ideas into designs and develop innovative solutions
Ability to perform and apply design skills, including space planning, visual presentation development and layout, proportion and scale.
Ability to demonstrate new thinking where creative boundaries around digital and physical integration come together to deliver a rich user experience.
Manager – Creative Services
J.Crew Group, Inc. – New York, NY
Job Description: Creative Services Manager
Reporting to: Director of Brand Visual/Creative Services
The creative Services Window Manager is responsible for developing window concepts and overseeing all aspects of concept development and production for J.Crew US and International stores.
Partner with Director of Creative Services and CS team on development of creative window concepts, in-store signage, interior installations and special projects/events
Manage production of concepts from start to finish, includes vendor communication and knowledge/sourcing of materials, ensuring that concepts remain within budget and at deadlines
Allocation of props to adapt to various window configurations and store types
Partner with Brand Marketing on 360 concepts and any visual assets needed for window creative
Ability to illustrate and articulate concepts professionally for presentation purposes
Hands on execution of concept mock-up in studio as well as on site management of installation of monthly concept set
Compose detailed directives to support execution by stores and provide support to visual field teams as needed.
Schedule post installation walk-throughs at NYC stores and photo reviews for International stores
Business partner to Visual Merchandising, Marketing, PR, Merchants, Operations, RVMMs and MVMMs
3-5 years minimum experience in window display production
Expert understanding of art direction, graphic design,prop fabrication and materials
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Microsoft Office, SketchUp a plus
J.Crew Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Responsible for all store visual initiatives and installations
- Manage and oversee the visual budget
- Ensure that in-store trends and messaging align with the omni strategy
- Lead and develop Visual Assistant
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of related experience with visual merchandising and retail design
- Previous experience managing / leading a direct report
- Experience with pop-up installations / exhibitions preferred
- Experience in luxury beauty or fashion retail preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch-up or comparable and Office Suite
- Outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Able to spearhead all operational and administrative aspects of VM
- Proven ability to work autonomously but collaborate effectively
- Flexible work hours to accommodate communication with retail teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, high-level presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Michael Kors is searching for a passionate & strategic Director, Global Visual Merchandising. This individual will be responsible for establishing the vision & strategy, create new guidelines and oversee all aspects of execution for Michael Kors’ retail experiences for Outlet. This individual will play an integral role with establishing new concepts & designs in order to elevate the customer experience, while also maintaining the aesthetic of the Michael Kors brand.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with executive leadership to develop a global visual merchandising strategy, combining both strategic and creative aspects to maximize sales.
- Strategically prepare & create monthly store directives on a global scale and bring the visual story to life, while having a depth of understanding on all seasonal merchandise assortments.
- Communicate the global visual merchandising strategy effectively in partnership with Buying, Planning, Creative & Marketing, E-Commerce and Merchandising to ensure that customers have an elevated customer experience at Michael Kors.
- Partner with the Design teams to understand timeline of new store openings and delegate responsibilities to support business expansion and store renovations.
- Lead and oversee the design development & execution of all new & existing merchandising fixtures for Michael Kors globally.
- Coach, train & develop a team of Visual Merchandising Directors, Managers and freelancers to effectively support the company’s ongoing vision & responsibilities.
- Enhance standard practices for Visual Merchandising regarding new store openings, special events and seasonal implementations, and ongoing visual merchandising directives.
- Ensure that the Visual Styling & Graphics functions are aligned with the company’s vision and effectively communicate the visual direction down to the store level.
- Oversee the budgets and sourcing of all visual elements and materials.
- Oversee and review merchandising training for stores population, which is conducted by Regional Visual Managers.
- Support, train and develop all regions and store visual merchandising teams.
- Bachelors’ degree in Fashion, Merchandising, Design or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Visual Merchandising in a fashion retail environment; Outlet a plus.
- Experience in creating 360 store & elevated brand experience.
- Strong understanding with how customers shop and how to communicate brand strategies to customers in new & exciting ways.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with domestic teams.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train & develop.
- Strong ability to adapt & work well in a fast-paced environment and fluctuating deadlines; prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects.
- Must have excellent taste level in speaking to many facets including merchandising, styling, fixture design, store layout and directives.