Here are sample job advertisements for these types of programs…
The Labs Manager’s main objective is to do whatever it takes to ensure member companies’ success and happiness with a strong focus on developing opportunities and experiences for Member growth. The Labs Manager role requires proficiency in at least two of the three skill sets below, with the interest and drive for ongoing development in all three:Hospitality-DrivenAbility to successfully interact with diverse groups and culturesDemonstrated aptitude for B2B networking in order to leverage synergies between membersActive in local community organizationsWorking knowledge of general management, sales, operations, and marketingSuper-ConnectorExperience interacting with local venture capital firms
Experience consulting, familiarity with business and product strategy
Strong understanding of start-up financing and operations (burn rate, funding rounds, organizational scaling)
Working knowledge of industrial-organizational psychology, general management, sales, and marketing
Familiarity with software engineering principles, revenue management, product-market fit
Launch and maintain an active and engaged community, facilitating the growth of each startup within Labs
Host events, implement and manage programming, foster relationships, and deliver resources
Manage the Labs admissions process to ensure a full roster of promising startups participates in Labs each month
Drive growth, promotion, and management of Labs programming for the space
Maintain 100% occupancy by achieving sales goals and managing churn
Ensure that space is fully operational and the Labs working environment is conducive to productivity and member success
Collaborate with the WeWork Labs team and members to identify and execute on opportunities and strategies to continually improve our value proposition
Duties & Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
Network, research, and create opportunities based on the unique needs of the early stage startups within WeWork Labs
Develop opportunities for members by exposing them to top industry mentors, investors and other key people crucial to success
Ability to recommend members to the right incubators and accelerators based on member needs
Coordinate development of new and expanding entrepreneurial businesses within Labs
Manage the Labs member pipeline: generate leads, conduct tours, build a pipeline of exciting new startups to join our program and ensure a full occupancy and community participation each month – take responsibility for sales and community dynamics
Work with Sales Team to plan, coordinate, organize, and spearhead efforts to recruit Labs members
Work closely within the Community, Operations, and Maintenance teams to ensure the highest level of member experience and satisfaction
Manage day-to-day member needs and works to get to know member companies and develop meaningful relationships to provide them with the best resources and opportunities possible
Coordinate and run events and ongoing tailored programming, with the ability to assess outcomes , receive feedback, a nalyze methods and techniques, and participate in the ongoing development of events and programming
Manage meeting space and event inquiries
Connect your members to the wider WeWork community, ensuring that knowledge and resources are shared between the various WeWork sub-communities, ultimately “graduating” Labs members to offices when their ventures mature
Create and manage a Labs alumni community, continuing to involve them in mentoring the new generation of startups participating in the program
Identify, strategize, and act on opportunities to extend WeWork Labs’ influence and brand in your city
Build strong relationships between the business community, local government, and the Labs community
Manage the P&L, including member growth, occupancy, revenue and margins, managing budget
Ensure project compliance with applicable internal and external requirements
Execute strategic initiatives developed by members of the corporate team, ensure appropriate equipment and materials are available for the successful operations related to these efforts
Experience and requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Business incubation and acceleration programs
Marketing and salesmanship principles
Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, ordinances, statutes, and regulations
Public relations principles
Budget administration principles
Program coordination principles
Experience desired in any aspect of small business, or personally owning or operating a commercial venture
Deep knowledge of the startup “scene,” and developed connections with influencers in the startup ecosystem
Demonstrated passion for startups, and a desire to help them to succeed
Proven experience with business scaling
Experience in operations, project management, event production, sales, and/or customer service from an experience-based environment
Technical background is highly desirable
BA/BS or equivalent in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, or other related degree
P&L experience required
Senior Product Manager – Indeed Incubator
$192,000 – $242,000 a year
- Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
- Seattle Area Base Salary Range:
As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.The team:
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people’s lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Seattle Area Base Salary Range: 192,000 – 242,000 USD per year
know what it feels like to launch something new each quarter? Are you a fan of the Lean Startup and Customer Development?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for Indeed Incubator. Indeed.com is the #1 job site in the world, helping over 200 million people every month find jobs. Indeed Incubator is a new product accelerator, charged with pioneering new product ideas and assessing their viability through fast launches and empirical learning.
As a Product Manager for Indeed Incubator you will be responsible for owning an internal startup and providing mentorship for other founders. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength, and an ability to teach and mentor new founders.
You will also be responsible for coaching internal startups as they:
- Engage in user research to understand their users.
- Flesh out ideas with wireframes and mockups (in conjunction with designers).
- Work with engineers and designers to define product requirements and ship features regularly.
- Analyze data, including analytics and A//B testing results.
- Use data analysis to improve features and inspire new product ideas.
- Research markets and competitors.
- 5-7 years of consumer mobile or internet software product management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deep understanding of web development technology.
- Outstanding data analysis skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to make data-driven business decisions.
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks:   http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy Terms:   https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Deloitte Greenhouse Client Studio Lab Associate , Specialist
Work you’ll do
- Support the design and development of Greenhouse lab sessions, which includes: planning and managing all lab materials and tools (e.g., Prysm, posters, handouts), participating in and documenting design sessions for both repeat and custom offerings, conducting research in support of the design effort
- Manage the pre-lab interview process, when appropriate, to include coordinating with client and Deloitte personnel for scheduling, sending invitations and taking detailed notes during the calls
- Capture notes from design calls with account teams and clients and working with the Lab Designer to incorporate them into the lab design/agenda
- Oversee physical preparation of the lab space prior to labs (potentially with support from other Greenhouse team members, the account team and/or One Team)
- Participate in Greenhouse lab delivery on an ongoing basis, providing on-site support and facilitating lab break-out activities under the mentorship and guidance of Lab Managers and Lab Leads
- Develop comprehensive documentation following each lab, which includes capturing notes, synthesizing and organizing the information and preparing the final deliverable
Manage all logistics and provide operational support and underlying project management for assigned Greenhouse labs and other events in the Deloitte Greenhouse.
Lead reporting efforts for the team, working closely with the Operations team to respond to reporting requests and other ad-hoc operational efforts.
Work collaboratively with U.S. Greenhouse team members, promoting teamwork and high-quality deliverables.
Lead/support special projects on U.S. Greenhouse teams.
Research and test creative / innovative approaches that could be leveraged in the Greenhouse.
Minimum of 1 year of experience serving Deloitte clients, delivering services through a function/service line.
Well-developed analytical skills – ability to synthesize group discussions into concise / concrete bullet points and help steer abstract dialogue into actionable themes.
Ability to work independently and proactively and operate effectively in ambiguity.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and manage work across multiple streams.
Excellent presence, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to identify and manage risks, knowing what and when to escalate issues to the Greenhouse Experience Leader.
Preferred: Interest and experience with analytical methods and tools, including data visualization.
Develop and drive initiatives, communications and programs related to the Sparkplug Startup Collaboration Program across the Y&R Network and Y&R clients. The Sparkplug program consists of a curated partnerships database and an incubator that offers office space, resources and relationships to interesting start-ups and idea generators. Y&R gives Sparkplug companies the opportunity to pursue their ideas, technology and products and in return learns new ways of thinking, gain access to new technology and products and forge productive partnerships that can help our clients engage their customers in innovative new ways. Past Sparkplug companies have included Hyperactivate (social media activation and ROI), Interlude (interactive video technology), Gametize (gamification technology), UP (branded content and video production) and Instapanel (mobile video surveys). More information about Sparkplug can be found at https://sparkplug.yr.com/.
- Continue to refine and drive strategy for greater engagement between Sparkplug companies and Y&R Network offices around the world.
- Plan and manage a series of internal and external events with Sparkplug companies, including Pitch events, Lunch & Learns, Engagement Events with Creatives and networking events with investors.
- Work with Corporate Communications group to drive internal and external communications related to Sparkplug program, Sparkplug participant companies and client integration with Sparkplug products and services.
- Engage with senior account leaders to provide for introduction of Sparkplug companies/products/services into client campaigns, organic growth strategies and new business pitches. Drive a ‘matching system’ for Sparkplug products and services with current Y&R clients.
- Work with new business teams around the world to incorporate Sparkplug companies/products/services into new business programs.
- Standardize application and selection process for Sparkplug companies.
- Engage with ‘Growth Stage Company’ (between Seed and Series A capital) community to identify potential Sparkplug participants.
- Drive team building activity and engagement between Sparkplug companies
- Formalize a mentorship program between Sparkplug and Y&R managers.
- Between 5 to 8 years of Account Management/Client Services experience in a marketing agency environment. Prior experience at a WPP aligned agency is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and self-reliant; able to work alone or as part of a virtual or conventional team
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Interest in and appreciation for marketing technology and service innovations.
- Disciplined and organized: able to juggle priorities and multi-task
- Strong capability to influence across organizational lines within a company. Relationship development and client engagement skills.
- Instinct for client growth drivers; understanding of integrated marketing communications, public relations, emerging media and marketing accountability.
- Great presentation skills
The Director, Innovation, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship (ICE) Institute collaborates across the University to create a robust culture for ICE at Villanova. The Director is responsible for envisioning, developing, and implementing distinctive programs—both curricular and co-curricular—that live and thrive across the University.
The Director defines, develops, and executes strategy, program development, governance matters, and communications involving a varied set of cross-college and external stakeholders. He/she manages the Institute’s advisory council and engagement and communications with external stakeholders, oversees the ICE budgets, and participates in funding initiatives in coordination with University Advancement.
The Director provides leadership and supervision to the ICE support team and the Idea Accelerator facility. He/she represents the Institute at industry and academic conferences and events, and develops metrics to measure the Institute’s impact within the Villanova community.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
- Envision, develop, and implement, and assess distinctive ICE programs and initiatives. Oversee and manage a comprehensive program portfolio that fosters opportunities across and between the colleges and disciplines, including student programs and competitions (e.g., Pitch Day, ICE Challenge), immersion experiences/site visits (e.g., Villanova in the Valley, Villanova on Set, Villanova on the Hill), educational programs (e.g., ICE CaPS, VIA program), recognition programs (e.g., Meyer ICE Awards), programmatic spaces (e.g., Idea Accelerator, pop-up initiatives), and curricular or thought leadership opportunities (e.g., collaboration with faculty on research and course development).
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide financial, recruiting, internship, and other engagement opportunities. Counsel alumni and students who are seeking advice, information, general assistance, and mentorship with respect to creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurial thinking within enterprises and organizations. Serve as an ex officio member on the Institute’s Advisory council and manage the constituents and meetings. Manage the Entrepreneur’s Capital Club or related venture support programming. Create and execute strategies to promote the Institute and its programs, represent the Institute at networking and industry or academic events and conferences, and communicate regularly with stakeholders.
- Manage the operations of the Institute including budget development and administration, and the operations of the Idea Accelerator. Manage and develop Institute professional support staff and student workers.
- Evangelize for a culture of ICE at Villanova University, maintaining regular, high-level contact with administrators and faculty across campus. Create and influence policies and opportunities to advance entrepreneurial ideas, start-up ventures, and inspire ICE thinking.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in roles requiring innovative, creative, and/or entrepreneurial skills, demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- The individual must have thorough knowledge of the areas of innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship from both theoretical and applied contexts.
- Candidates must have direct experience managing multiple projects, developing and administering budgets, initiating and fostering relationships, and creating marketing strategies. Candidates should be innovative, creative, and/or entrepreneurial problem solvers, and be able to effectively and credibly engage diverse stakeholder groups. Candidates must be proficient in all standard computer applications, including Microsoft Office products.
- The individual selected must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The individual must have the ability to work with and gain the respect and confidence of faculty, alumni, students, industry practitioners, and administrators. She/he must possess excellent organizational and management skills, and effectively manage multiple projects and team members in a fast paced environment.
- The individual must have a deep commitment to the well-being of Villanova University and the advancement of its mission, and to serving the needs of a diverse community. The individual must be an energetic self-starter who will seek out new and creative ways to strengthen the University’ culture for ICE.
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred from a reputable and accredited institution—or an equivalent combination of entrepreneurial experience may be considered.
Penn State Harrisburg seeks an energetic and well experienced individual to lead the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, a transforming institute whose mission will be to leverage the breadth and depth of the College`s expertise and intellectual capital to stimulate new business and economic development in the region. The Center provides entrepreneurial resources for faculty, students, and the community to explore commercialization of their innovations, ideas, and research based intellectual capital. The successful candidate will lead the campus Innovation Hub and be the liaison to the University’s Invent Penn State initiative. Additional expectations from this position consist of teaching and fund raising in support of the Center. Typically requires a Master’s degree or higher plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will have additional years of experience in the area of new business development. Proven experience at the senior corporate level and demonstrated expertise in commercialization of innovative ideas and concepts is strongly preferred. This position seeks a visionary, transformative, entrepreneurial leader with a genuine respect for and knowledge of developing inclusive commercialization opportunities based on new ideas. Please upload materials including a cover letter and resume/CV. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding.
Columbia, along with some of its NYC peer universities, run a number of accelerator, proof-of-concept, and entrepreneur matching programs. The goal of all of these programs is to support the commercialization of early-stage scientific inventions emerging from the university research labs, by providing the right balance of proof-of-concept funding, entrepreneurial training, mentorship, connection to talent, access to venture capital for startups, and training in industry dynamics across a variety of industry verticals including medical devices, therapeutics, media, and cleantech, among others. While new programs are being added to the CTV repertoire over time, the Program Officer will be initially expected to provide a leadership role supporting and coordinating across the following initiatives: NYSERDA Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program, Columbia Lab-to-Market Accelerator Network, Accelerating Cancer Therapeutics (ACT), Translational Therapeutics Resource (TRx), Columbia Biomedical Technology Accelerator (BiomedX), NYC Media Lab Combine, and PowerBridgeNY.
Fundamentally, the Program Officer will be expected to work across all of the programs above as well as newly-added programs, looking for synergies to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all of the programs. This will include both managing elements of the programs that are common across all of them (applications; events; marketing; tracking of outcomes) as well as envisioning and executing opportunities that would be beneficial across each of them (lectures and events on common themes; negotiating contracts with shared service providers; generating publicity for the combined programs; identifying and applying for grants that could support the existing or new programs).
The Program Officer reports to the Assistant Vice President and Director of Strategic Initiatives, and will directly manage the Program Administrator to support these activities.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant
- BA or higher degree and a minimum of four years’ related experience required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant
- Strong preference for experience in a similar organization (accelerator, startup incubator, innovation group within a corporation, grant programs with application cycles) preferred.
- Excellent communicator in both written and oral forms, ability to work well with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- “Can do” attitude, enthusiasm for taking ownership of projects.
- The most important criteria for this job are ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently, and to track projects over time at varying degrees of detail. Accordingly, candidate must have outstanding organizational and time management skills and be extremely detail-oriented in a high-volume dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required.
- Project management experience is a plus.
Support The Bootcamp Process: Candidate will support the accelerator bootcamp process and the stakeholder teams with the full cycle of bootcamps each year, from applications to awards to project management. Activities will include: curriculum development; marketing the call-for-proposals; managing the logistics of the pitch days and judging sessions; overseeing the software used for collecting judges’ scores.
Event coordination: Working with the marketing team at Columbia Technology Ventures (CTV), for internal events and external marketing sessions, the candidate will both assist the L2M Accelerator Managers with their vertical-specific events (room booking, logistics, hosting, identifying speakers) but also take a leadership role identifying and establishing opportunities across the individual accelerators. Candidate will be expected to attend and help host most or all of these events, which may take place during the day or in the evenings, primarily on weekdays. Candidate may also be asked to set up online webinars where relevant.
Marketing and Business Development: Candidate will work closely with CTV’s Marketing team to identify opportunities to get publicity for the individual accelerators and for the L2M program itself. This will include encouraging applications to the programs from researchers; developing marketing materials about each program and about L2M; tracking graduated teams and collecting success stories; creating networking events for current and graduated teams, as well as for mentors and judges; developing and launching websites; serving as a “public face” at conferences or industry events for these programs when the L2M Accelerator managers are unable to do so. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the L2M Accelerator managers in identifying opportunities to secure further funding for the programs. This may include identifying and pursuing grants; meeting with potential industry or venture capital sponsors; or supporting discussions with philanthropies.
Resources Coordination: Candidate will collect, organize, and maintain lists of internal and external resources that may be of use to the various stakeholders, including externally-created content (blogs, videos, online bootcamps), service providers (law firms, accounting firms, contract research organizations, design firms), Columbia-wide contact lists (communications, department Managers), external speakers for events, and document templates (sample pitch decks, grant language, sample proposal docs).
Reporting and Deliverable Management: Candidate will work closely with the individual L2M Accelerator managers to ensure that all reporting (both from teams to the Accelerator, and from the Accelerators to their Sponsors) is effectively managed. This will entail gathering the information required, writing draft reports or ensuring they are written by others, and managing report submission.
Finance and Budgeting: Candidate will keep up-to-date financial records for L2M itself and for any of the Accelerator programs that would like assistance, as a way of tracking which payments have been made/received and which are still outstanding. On occasion, the candidate may be asked to do simple projections based on past revenues and expenditures. As needed, the candidate will also keep track of how much funding is left and alert the program manager if levels are getting low. Some programs may also ask the candidate to prepare periodic budgets, providing information such as how much can be spent on events, project funding, personnel, service providers, and other broad budget categories based on the amount of funding that is expected.
Coordination with Programs and Miscellaneous Tasks: Candidate should expect to meet with the program managers on a regular basis to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Additional Essential Functions (Limit to 3950 characters.)
This position works with:
HIPAA Compliance training required
Participation in Medical Surveillance required
What type of posting? Is this a waiver request?
Requisition Open Date
Requisition Close Date
Open Until Filled
Launched in early 2018, WeWork Labs is WeWork’s innovation platform that supports early-stage startups and corporations seeking to transform their industries. With a range of offerings, WeWork Labs helps growing startups through customized programming, and bridges the gap to enterprise organizations through corporate innovation programs, labs, and services.
WeWork Labs is looking for a resourceful, collaborative sales leader to own the partnership lifecycle, working with enterprise organizations, accelerators, incubators, and VCs. This role requires a consultative sales approach, with experience collaborating with internal teams and stakeholders, and maintaining client relationships post-sale through account management.
The ideal candidate has experience working with clients in the enterprise space and is an empathetic, data-driven self-starter with experience in both mature and start-up environments.
You’ll succeed in this role if: you are comfortable with ambiguity and constant growth; you are an excellent communicator; you can think strategically and act tactically; and you can navigate and build lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Identify key targets and lead inbound and outbound sales, in collaboration with internal sales partners
- Track and manage full sales cycle, including financial reporting and CRM systems
- Partner with key internal WeWork and Labs functional and regional teams across sales, and partnerships, and delivery
- Create customized offerings, financial and partnership, based on client needs; act as their consultant and partner
- Create proposals, marketing decks, sales collateral with an eye for the Labs and WeWork brand
- Manage contract negotiation through deal close, in partnership with internal legal teams
- Support and grow relationships with partners through collaborative channels, such as events, workshops, startup collaborations, and more
- Build out the strategic level of the partnership while troubleshooting tactical needs through resourceful solutions
- Streamline programs for Partner startups to “graduate” into Labs and WeWork spaces
- Expand accounts across both the space and programming offering
- Manage and educate internal teams on Labs offering and client needs
- 6-8 years experience in a sales, business development, partnerships, account management, or customer success role
- Experience closing seven figure deals with Fortune 500 clients
- Track record for consistently exceeding targets
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A problem solver with the ability to make creative, forward-looking decisions
- Experience in the corporate innovation space a plus
- A network of decision-makers and influencers across the enterprise innovation space, VCs, accelerators and incubators a plus
- Passionate about building lasting relationships with clients that help them reach their goals and objectives
- A quick learner who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
- An excellent communicator and navigator, able to work within complex internal and external partnership structures and teams