Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
As a Trust & Safety Program Manager on our Safety team you are the glue that ensures our policies, programs, and systems work together across our many apps to protect consumers and prevent abuse. You work to push projects and operational changes forwards, to implement policy changes, and start new processes and teams. You coordinate between product managers, operations teams, and policy specialists to actually get things done. A master of interpersonal communication and task management, you travel frequently between our global offices, especially the Bay Area and LA.
- Ideate and manage projects and initiatives related to content strategy and policy
- Manage tiger teams to solve specific issues and drive projects forwards including team formation, goal-setting, and execution
- Analyze content operations teams and processes – identifying and remediating inconsistencies, tweaking the internal organizational structure when necessary
- Short term vendor management on a project-based scale
- Work cross-functionally with operations, product management, and engineering teams
- 3+ years experience in trust & safety, operations, or a product role
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of pushing ambitious product, organizational, or process changes
- Cross-functional management skills, high EQ, and a passion to unite people behind a common goal
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences
- Creative mindset with the ability to solve tough problems and handle pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently between LA, Bay Area, and Beijing / Shanghai to manage stakeholders and projects
Even Better If
- Experience working with international partners across different time zones and cultures
- Understanding of the landscape and new policy developments in new media, tech, and the entertainment industry
- Technical skills including data-analysis (SQL, Excel, Google Spreadsheets) and writing PRDs / process flows
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in broad policy within the technology, handling policy issues affecting the internet, such as the intellectual property, free expression, and online safety.
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- Experience using data and technology to solve complex business challenges and the ability to use judgment even in a crisis.
- Ability to translate complex issues into simple, clear language.
- Effective problem-solving, analytical, leadership, organization, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written, editorial, communication, and presentation skills.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Our team works cross-functionally and globally. We are driven by our focus on the user and passion for using our technical, legal, business, and policy experience to improve Google’s policies and user experience. We advise Google on core principles and drive and manage complex projects.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Serve as a member of the policy team responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing scalable Google Ads advertising and content policies. Innovate process and best practices for implementing policies across operation centers in multiple geographies.
- Manage and resolve escalations from internal and external parties (e.g., Sales, Legal, PR) and identify escalation patterns and trends to provide feedback on systems/tools process in and increase automation. Drive awareness and understanding of content and advertising policies across the company.
- Identify gaps or conflicts in existing policy framework, develop scalable solutions, and work towards consensus across the organization.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Trust and Safety teams, and Engineering to influence product decisions and prioritization, and to improve user experience for policy-related issues.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form
Trust & Safety Specialist
- Must have 3+ years experience in account management and experience working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Strong attention to detail and Customer Obsession
- 2 + years of demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills
- Sound business judgment
- Bachelor’s degree
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint knowledge
Transparency represents an incredible opportunity to raise retail industry standards around authenticity, product transparency, and supply chain tracking. Transparency is a strategic new software-as-a-service launched by Amazon for the global consumer goods industry. We are focused on building a global service which allows consumer brands and consumers to trace the origin of items throughout the supply chain ensuring only authentic items enter the supply chain. The Transparency service is focused on preventing the receipt and sale of counterfeit goods both online and offline. Our customers include individual consumer brands who sell both on and off of Amazon direct and through a network of direct and third-party sellers
Role: A Transparency Onboarding Manager will be responsible for onboarding a book of accounts (brands/manufacturers) to the Transparency service ensuring a successful transition and ongoing usage of the service. As part of this role you will also work with brands during the implementation phase as an adviser and project manager ensuring a smooth onboarding experience. You’ll also have a great deal of influence on streamlining the operational processes involved in the implementation process by documenting best practices, writing onboarding guides, and advising our product management team on features that will enable self-service.
The role will offer a set of repeatable tasks as well as ambiguous tasks that require decision making and consulting with brands as they’re onboarding to our service and making key decisions about how they’ll display Transparency labels on their consumer facing packaging. You’ll work with commercial and homegrown tools to manage a brands onboarding and ongoing usage of our services. The main functions of the role are listed below, although the list is not exhaustive and may change from time to time.
1. Catalog expansion/enrollment
2. On-boarding additional plants or production lines
3. Adding value to existing Transparency enabled products
4. Communication and roll out of new features
6. Reporting questions/support
7. Resolving tickets with internal stakeholders
8. Counterfeit escalations
9. Content management
As a strategic contributor to the Transparency team you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of Transparency by applying sound operational practices, inventing and simplifying job functions, and training your peers on best practices for efficiency.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Experience working with brands or supply chain ecosystem
- Understanding of consumer packaging, counterfeit prevention
- Experience navigating complex processes/environment
- Startup experience where you’ve worn many different hats and successfully navigated through complexity while never missing a beat with customers
- SQL Knowledge
- Salesforce Knowledge
- Proven track record of taking ownership and problem solving exceptionable interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation
Are you an analytical thinker who has a strong curiosity for getting to the bottom of the story all while cultivating an environment of excellent customer support? Do you have a strong understanding of policy management and online communities, and a passion for catching the bad guys?
Platphorm is looking for a Policy Specialist, Trust and Safety to be a part of our Policies and Abuse team. The Policies and Abuse team enforces Platphorm’s policies across our various domains. The team creates, communicates, and enforces policies while providing exceptional customer support. You will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to help enforce our rules and remove content that could harm our users and our brand. You will make judgment calls about whether content breaks our rules and be able to explain your decisions to users. You aren’t afraid of making tough calls, and you have a genuine passion for tackling complex policy issues while working closely with various departments including Customer Advocacy, Risk Management, and Marketing.
Founded in 2009, Platphorm is a software development firm with an expanding portfolio of niche B2C communications marketplaces and global operations staff in six different countries. The marketplaces we’ve built enable anyone to provide fee-based advice in their area of expertise, at a price of their choosing, and for others to find them and pay for a conversation. The interaction can take place over the phone, email, text, or chat. Our dog-friendly headquarters with a fully-stocked kitchen are located in downtown San Francisco.
- Enforce policies across various websites and web presences while providing an exceptional user experience
- Review and evaluate user-generated content for compliance with our site policies
- Assess accounts that have been flagged for various content violations
- Investigate user account activity and work closely with our Customer Advocacy and Risk Management teams on large fraud cases
- Clearly and professionally communicate policies and policy infractions to users
- Provide feedback to various teams regarding abuse and policy issues
- Create new policies and adjust current policies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of the roles policy enforcement plays in online communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong investigative skills, critical thinking capabilities, and good judgment
- Enjoy being part of a small team and willing to help out with duties outside the scope of your job
- Community management or customer support experience is a plus
- Comfortable with adult content and supporting an adult entertainment product
- Has a tough skin and able to take customer complaints in stride
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Matching 401K
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Great work-life balance
- Sit/Stand Desks
- Snacks and Friday Happy Hours!
- Great location! Our San Francisco office is steps from the Powell BART/Muni station!
Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety Team is looking for a teammate with strong critical thinking and deduction skills, a knack for gathering information and spotting trends, along with the courage and resolve needed to moderate user generated content and develop tools that identify and preempt threats to our ecosystem.
About the Team
You’ll be joining Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety team, a collaborative group of people who are passionate about keeping the ecosystem safe and building trust within the community, allowing creative projects to flourish on our platform. We believe in clearly defined and evolving policies, open channels of communication within the team and across the organization, and the delicate balance required of maintaining both effective and efficient workflows.
About the Role
This position calls for a data-curious individual with a knack for pragmatic decision-making, the ability to identify signals of fraud and establish patterns, strong written communication skills, and most importantly, the ability to make difficult decisions independently and impartially. We are looking for an analyst with demonstrated interest and/or experience in a payments, risk, and/or Trust & Safety adjacent role to join our team.
In This Role, You Will:
- Enforce our Rules and Community Guidelines by moderating the content on our site.
- Investigate Kickstarter projects for misleading behavior.
- Communicate with our community of backers and creators.
- Identify patterns of abuse using various data analysis tools.
- Apply quantitative analysis skills to understand how fraud is proliferating on Kickstarter’s platform.
- Conduct independent investigations and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and implement new workflows to reduce or eliminate instances of fraud and abuse.
- You are a seasoned decision-maker, you know how to evaluate problems and propose solutions based on facts.
- You are trustworthy and respect the confidentiality of user information in a professional setting.
- You have excellent business judgment and communication skills, with an ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- You are a curious, quick learner and problem-solver.
- You are comfortable manipulating pre-existing data, analyzing results and using the output in investigations.
- You analyze problems methodically, you know how to make sense of ambiguous information, form a hypothesis and create a plan of action to test theories and gather insights.
- You have some experience manipulating data sets in SQL or equivalent business intelligence software (Looker, Tableau).
- You’re curious about how data is used in a tech company, and particularly interested in payments, risk, and fraud from a Trust & Safety perspective.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Community Trust & Safety Specialist
Behance, the leading platform to showcase and discover creative work, is seeking a Community Trust & Safety Specialist to join our unique team within Adobe. As a part of the Adobe family, we’re crafting the future of creative workflow. Our talented team of designers, developers, and community managers work hand-in-hand to create revolutionary products that connect and empower the creative world.
As a Community Trust & Safety Specialist, you will work to keep our platform safe and compliant. You will work closely with the Trust & Safety and Community Experience teams at Behance.
This role is a part-time contracted position.
- Process and review all information and data uploaded by users on Behance to ensure there are no violations of policies and that users are safe on the platform
- Screen, monitor and approve content/comments/posts on Behance.net
- Investigate and resolve issues regarding content that is reported for account support and/or safety; flag for action
- Communicate trends and analysis to the Community Experience Lead
- Incredible empathy and are customer focused
- Knowledge of internet communities and legal issues that arise in those communities
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail to problem solve, troubleshoot, and investigate
- Excellent judgment and integrity
- Strong work ethic with a positive approach and great energy
- Interest in online safety and in working with technology
Bonus: Zendesk experience and or a current Behance user.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Zendesk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Remote/Work from home
Hours per week: