Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Arcade Localization Producer
WHO WE ARE
To achieve success in the world of global adaptation and production, you need more than just clear processes and smart technology. You need true craftsmen and women – people who care deeply about their clients’ brands and who work tirelessly to drive maximum cost savings for a client while ensuring that each brand’s story remains impactful as it travels around the world.
At Craft Worldwide, we’ve been fortunate enough to assemble a team of the industry’s best craftspeople, each with a rich and robust background in advertising, adaptation and production. Craft Worldwide currently employs over 1200 full-time employees operating in 50+ markets with specialty in global broadcast/video production, print production, digital production and global translation. Our linguistic division, Craft Translation, is a globally established language services provider offering a full suite of multilingual services in over 200 languages to provide clients with a partner for International Strategy – including Translation, Transcreation, Copywriting, SEO and PPC, Website Localization, Voiceover, Subtitling, DTP and much more.
Who are we? It’s simple, really. We are a tactical creative communications agency with the spirit and passion of a boutique and the rock-like support of the world’s biggest advertising network. We explore strange new worlds, seek out new life forms and boldly go where no one has gone before in the dogged pursuit of compelling and impactful work that transforms the brands in our care.
Working with us is a little like taking a journey into the unknown – with a massive safety net around you. We encourage an entrepreneurial approach in all that we do and believe that the best ideas can come from anyone – and anywhere. We’ll give you the tools and the support you need to build your career and only ask that you bring us your passion, commitment and energy to make a difference.
A Senior Project Manager (SPM) at Craft Translation is the main liaison between clients and our extended Translation team, consisting of fellow Project Managers, Linguists, Designers, and Finance and Operation Managers.
The primary focus of this position is to manage translation projects and key client relationships. You will leverage your client relationship skills and deep knowledge of the Translation/Transcreation process to coach and guide teams and clients through a project lifecycle. In addition, the SPM will work closely with the NA Production Director and Sales Director to service and organically grow business. This role requires an ability to communicate strongly and effectively with internal and client teams to drive decisions and next steps.
Applicants should have strong project management skills and a desire to work in a multilingual environment. Our ideal candidates are energetic, passionate, intellectually curious and meticulously organized. They thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment and succeed in challenging client situations.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships by organizing the daily activity on any client project
- Work directly with client teams to understand the overall business objectives and strategies
- Manage internal teams in other locations in the delivery of projects; Manage offshore partners as necessary in the delivery of projects
- Able to manage multiple translation, print, content, video, and digital projects for multiple clients
- Balance and manage scope, time, cost, process, risk and quality; Estimate scope of work using industry standard methods
- Cast assignments and engage the appropriate resources throughout the project lifecycle to promote a high performing and effective team
- Manage client and partner relationships from inception to launch by conducting regular calls, monitoring and escalating project risks, soliciting client/partner feedback and making modifications to deliverables
- In conjunction with the financial partner, understand rate cards and the best approach to optimize ways of working and efficiency in the team
- Establish and enforce a streamlined workflow of agency project-related processes
- Fulfills the role of Studio PM or Producer in project-related processes
- Escalate operational and process issues to the NA Production Director with the objective of continuous improvement
- Actively identify additional translation and production efficiencies and seek further business opportunities, nurturing relationships (new and existing) for future growth
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in translation/transcreation agency or production environment in client service role
- Experience with CAT tools is a must
- Fluent in Spanish as a native speaker, with focus on Latin America
- Strong understanding of integrated adaptation from existing creative ideas, production and implementation processes
- Strong team management skills to confidently lead a team
- Experience with multi-market and multi-lingual campaign management
- Experience in core areas of production (broadcast/video, print, digital)
- Familiarity with asset creation software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience building project & resource plans
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience managing project financials
- Excellent collaborator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- A team player who understands how to work effectively in a fast paced, evolving organization
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Translingua’s is a small WBE with offices in New York and Boulder, CO. Its mission is to bridge cultural gaps and create understanding in the world.
With the highest level of integrity and ethics, we operate from these core Values:
- Meaningful connections
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Optimization of clients’ success
Project manager tasks:
- Manage translation and interpretation projects from start to finish – being the link between customers and linguists
- Manage project timelines and coordinate translators, proofreaders, editors, and interpreters
- Manage paperwork in connection with projects, i.e., contracts, POs, vendor agreements, billing, etc.
CAT support tasks:
- Align and analyze files, prepare them for translators and delivery to clients
- Create and maintain client TMs
- Help update CAT tools and train other project managers
- Phone & greeting skills
- Office, administrative and computer skills, including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Trados, etc.
- Ability to work independently / carry out assignments to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with vendors and customers
- Interest in different cultures and languages (a foreign language or linguistics background is a plus)
BA or MA; linguistics, language or translation background; advanced knowledge of Trados or other CAT/MT tools.
Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience, resulting in advanced office and administrative support skills, as well as PM experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
As our company expands, we are looking for an energetic, positive and enthusiastic Project Manager who has a passion for the language industry to join our Translation Department. Bring your experience to an environment that allows for independent thought and full say in your own professional growth!
- Manage the entire life-cycle of multiple localization projects in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate all of the project phases and efficiently predict the lifespan of all the stages of the project
- Liaise with Manager to clarify project parameters
- Negotiate deadlines and rates with vendors
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with contracted translators and proofreaders globally
- Monitor and control projects status
- Manage project finances, including budgeting
- Prepare and maintain project documentation
- Comply with relevant and applicable procedures
- Perform quality checks at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy (proofreading, QA…)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, other languages would be an asset
- University Degree (preferably in linguistic/translation related studies)
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Detail orientation with the ability to multitask
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Independence in carrying out assigned tasks
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly-developed computer skills (MS Office, Windows)
- Experience in translation and localization project management would be a strong advantage
Who are we?
SDL is the global leader and innovator in language and content management technology and services. We enable companies to create meaningful digital journeys and form important emotional connections with their global customers by powering the creation, translation and delivery of relevant, personalized content to make understanding possible. We are a dynamic, collaborative and globally diverse team, working together to completely transform how the world communicates and connects with one another through content. If you like making an impact, helping others, taking a fresh look at processes and tools, furthering an open an innovative culture and tend to generally look at even the smallest task in the context of how it impacts the overall organization – we should talk!
What is this role?
This is a leadership role in charge of managing a team of Project managers consisting of project coordinators/managers and assistant project Coordinators, as well as the liaison person between Sales, Production and Clients. The Team Lead role is also responsible of supervising the execution of internal and client-driven processes and the successful management of client requirements.
- Organize/lead/attend production-related client meetings, coordinate process review on main accounts
- Train and / or coordinate Production and Dedicated Teams
- Provide feedback to Global Service Delivery Manager on team performance, manage workload ensuring tasks are allocated evenly within the team. Monitor that team follows established procedures consistently for every aspect of the projects they handle.
- Develop efficient workflows for maximizing the use of resources, create and develop linguistic assets and related instructions used for these accounts (Translation Memories, style guides, glossaries, account information, etc.)
- Exercise sound judgment in keeping Service Delivery Manager informed of potential difficulties such as issues affecting cost and turn-around.
- Involved in client onboarding and implementation initiatives
- Involved in the data collection, validation and analysis for contractual KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reporting
- Carry out risk assessments
- Ensure that within the team all work is assigned and completed on time, at appropriate profit levels, within budget and as per client KPIs
- Ensure all work follows all the approved processes and meets SDL’s quality standards as well as client contractual KPIs
- Escalate, monitor, and manage complaints
- Continually identify areas of efficiency and implement strategies to improve processes
- Organize and monitor resource needs and escalate where appropriate
- Manage team of project managers, monitor team capacity and escalate issues
- Manage team holidays, sickness, absence, discipline and appraisals
- Identify Team’s training requirements and action as required
- Partner with Linguistic Quality Managers to design and execute quality management initiatives
- Drive effective communication and excellence in performance within the team
- Provide support for Sales in relation to existing business
- Work as bridge between Sales and Operations to implement new opportunities
- Monitor Sales forecast and annual strategy
- Work closely with Vendor Management and Technology departments to ensure successful delivery of work
- Hands-on production involvement when required
- College degree (BA, BS) and ideally degree in Translation and/or interpretation or equivalent experience.
- 4 years min experience in translation project management and ideally 4 years in leading a team
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml).
- Advanced translation memory experience including Multiterm IX, Context, glossary and file management.
- Strong knowledge of DTP software would be a plus
- CAT tools knowledge is a must
- Experience managing Life Science accounts preferred
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Detail and service oriented
- Professional and customer service oriented, with the ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and formal and informal communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills
- Clear sense of accountability
- Able to withstand pressure
- Amazing benefits. (Seriously.)
- Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There’s a reason we work with 85 of the top 100 brands.
- Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of innovation and opportunity.
- Great work life balance
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead: 3 years (Required)
- Life Sciences: 1 year (Required)
- Translation: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Required)