Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
This role reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for developing functional requirements for new technology features related to the Company’s proprietary software. This includes working closely with Operations and Clients to define and document business needs while working with Engineering to iterate and fulfill those needs within given timeframes.
You will be one of the first 50 employees of a rapidly-growing technology and financial services company and will have the opportunity to help define our product strategy and to influence our product development process.
You will bring your product management experience and best practices to help accelerate the fulfillment of the Company’s strategic technology roadmap. You will be instrumental in working with the Senior Leadership, Operations and Engineering teams to prioritize and execute new technology initiatives that add value to the organization.
As an equity partner in the Company, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles to strategically plan and implement new features that improve the Company’s ability to deliver value. You will own the “What” for a meaningful segment our new technology features. You will gain a deep knowledge of all aspects of our business, connecting the dots between business needs and technology solutions.
You’ll be given the tools, resources and support you need to achieve your personal and professional objectives.
- Work with Senior Leadership and lead the prioritization discussions of new technology features.
- Lead feature discovery sessions with internal users and clients to gain a deep understanding of business needs.
- Develop and maintain functional requirements for new features.
- Create wireframes and process visuals to assist engineering with delivering product that meets the functional requirements.
- Work with engineering leadership to define, scope and meet project milestones on time.
- Own the “what” of each new feature and be held accountable for delivering features that meet user needs.
- Lead feature testing and provide feedback to the engineering team on needed changes to meet business requirements.
- Leverage data to inform better business decisions and prioritization of new features.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years in a technology product manager role with relevant enterprise software experience.
- Proficient at writing functional requirements and user stories.
- Able to create wireframes and other visuals that enable engineering to be more effective.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior software development experience preferred.
- Experience in the financial service industry preferred.
- Formal Product Management training preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The Company: Fund That Flip
We are an innovative online lender specializing in short-term real estate loans for professionals that buy, rehabilitate and sell residential property. Using modern technology, data and access to capital via new legislation, we are modernizing the antiquated world of investment real estate financing.
We’re a venture-backed start-up based in NYC with an office in Cleveland. We have originated over $275 million of loans. Through our technology platform, we offer our customers a superior product and service which includes greater transparency, ease-of-use and value-add technology tools.
We value transparency, hard work and results. We support personal and professional growth with an entrepreneurial culture that rewards those who push the bar higher for themselves and our Company.
- Base Salary commensurate with experience.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Healthcare, dental, vision and commuter benefits.
- Unrestricted vacation policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Stock options and 401(k).
- Education reimbursement.
- New office space stocked with snacks.