Here are a few sample job advertisement for these types of roles…
- Own the overall relationship with our key manufacturing partners in Asia/North America
- Lead supplier contracts, cost management (cost negotiations & reductions), supplier performance & relationships
- Develop, negotiate and measure supplier metrics/KPIs and scorecards across cost, capacity, delivery, quality, etc
- Exceed goals and deliver world-class metric/KPI performance in quality and yield improvements, on-time shipment, lead time reduction.
- Work with Project teams to ensure new product readiness, transition and rapidly ramp and reach time-to quality and volume on new products.
- Drive capacity planning process at the factories to ensure we have adequate lead time to add equipment and tooling as required by demand forecasts.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with management, and ensure executives from Peloton and our supplier partners are aligned and executing on key objectives
- Drive cost reductions, supply chain optimizations, second sourcing
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or inventory management in an ODM|CM environment
- Depth of knowledge in fitness accessories (indoor cycling shoes, pedals, cleats etc) and associated supply base
- Strong understanding and extensive experience working with Asia suppliers; Chinese language skills a strong plus
- Exceptional business acumen to manage product cost, and supplier relationships
- Experience in supplier selection, contract negotiations, and supply base management
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills; problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Crain’s New York Business’ Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME’s Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join the Global Sourcing team at Spotify. The position is based in NYC. You will be responsible for the marketing associated spend within the company which will include sourcing and procurement of various indirect marketing categories for our stakeholders and offices around the world. You may manage a small team which includes global sourcing manager(s). You will set category strategies and drive efficiencies wherever possible for multiple related categories which will include accountability for performance & results of related units/teams.
What you will do:
- Act as a Commodity & category subject matter expert
- Set overall commodity strategy & direction
- Key stakeholder partnership building & relationship maintenance
- Independently executes & advises on the strategic sourcing methodology
- Overall responsibility for designing, driving & executing on category strategies
- Ability to identify key opportunities & drive projects to execute on these
- Key negotiation lead & advisor
- RFx refinement
- Responsible for defining & setting the categorization of services/products within a commodity
- Conducts spend analysis, identifies savings opportunities & overall responsible for realizing savings/efficiencies
- Provides training and guidance to team & stakeholders as it relates to the strategic sourcing methodology
- Continuously considers total cost of ownership (TCO) implications
- Collaborates with business leaders to find opportunities to reduce costs
- Continually monitor markets & suppliers for potential sources of supply
- Finalizes and presents recommendations to business leaders
- Identify key opportunities as well as process streamlining/improvement opportunities
- Team development & coaching
Who you are:
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Masters + BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business, CPSM preferred
- Wide experience in handling multiple spend categories.
- Previous experience of strategic sourcing within the marketing area (media spend, advertising, creative development, events, analytics etc) is required.
- Additional sourcing experience of other indirect spend commodities and associated categories will be considered a plus.
- Excellent communicator – open, transparent and courageous
- Ability to implement creative solutions in regards to broken processes
Adventure Ready Brands’ Purpose
Adventure Ready Brands exists to inspire outdoor adventure. We have a strong history and portfolio of brands focused on enjoying the outdoors (Adventure Medical Kits, Ben’s, Natrapel, Afterbite, Rapidpure etc.) and have recently established a strategy and plan to accelerate growth.
The Sourcing Specialist will be key in driving Operational Excellence through the development and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies to find the best suppliers for goods and services.
- Analyze product categories used by the company, spending patterns, and the processes and departments involved.
- Analyze the supplier market and create a supplier portfolio.
- Negotiate with and select suppliers.
- Integrate suppliers into existing processes, onboarding any new vendors, or outsourcing providers.
- Track performance metrics and optimize the sourcing plan, as needed.
This position will make the company’s procurement processes an adaptable system that contributes to the overall value and growth of the company long term.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement a global purchasing strategy and processes.
- Develop, maintain, and cultivate strong relationships with global suppliers (including dealers, brokers and sub-contractors).
- Contribute to the global performance of the company by lowering the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership, including cost + freight + custom + control + inventory) and improving supply quality at all levels.
- Negotiate with supplier’s terms, conditions, long term agreements, prices, planning, production, inventory control, quality control and factory control.
- Monitor worldwide trends in suppliers, source new components, promote within the company new innovative solutions, develop a double sourcing strategy where appropriate, rationalize the raw material/component list.
- Support the brand management and marketing groups especially for the quoting of new products and for providing the necessary supplier information.
- Ensure supplier qualifications and compliance with company requirements for safety, legal and environmental matters.
- Support the Quality Department in the management of CAPA’s and non-conformances wherever supplier performance is involved to determine cause of the problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Work closely with operations to ensure the most efficient response to inventory delivery problems or the need for increased quantities.
- Yearly price review with all key vendors.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience in a sourcing/purchasing/supply chain management role.
- Strong investigative and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Strong computer aptitude with proficiency in Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel skills.
- Professional and effective communication skills (verbal and in writing).
- Willingness to travel as required to manage supplier relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
Conduct value analysis activities to ensure customer involvement with product/service selection and qualityJob Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or related field
5+ years’ experience in purchasing
5+ years’ experience in conducting complex RFPs and supplier negotiations
5 years’ expertise in providing market analysis, strategic development and negotiation, and supplier development skills
Proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager
Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
Strong project management and leadership skills
Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
Solid judgement with ability to make good decisionsQualified candidates must apply now by submitting a copy of your resume for immediate consideration for this position!
- Responsible for negotiationsfor best possible cost service guarantee and develop strategies that achievesustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier corecompetencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Analyze industry trends andevolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimizerisk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Develop a supplier managementprogram with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and Performcost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Develop forecasts for futuredemand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time
- Purchase order entry,maintenance and tracking with overseas vendors to ensure on time delivery.
- Planning and scheduling orders.
- Issue product specifications incompliance with customer and regulatory requirements to vendors.
- Issue PO packing, labeling andshipping instructions to vendors.
- Communicate with internationalvendors on a daily basis.
- Interact with Design and SalesDepartments on development of products.
- Maintain and follow up onproduct status calendar for pre-production samples, lab testing and productionapprovals.
- Tracking shipments frompre-production to post-production.
- Other tasks as required.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Sourcing
- Experience with contractmanufacturing vendors
- Ability to manage projects andestablish clear goals and accountability to ensure successful delivery (ontime, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- PTO Package & Paid Holidays
Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
- sourcing: 3 years (Preferred)