Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles roles….
As a Retail Store Manager – Bench, this position will be trained in all aspects of running a retail business for FedEx Office. Training takes place in one or more FedEx Office retail store locations with a focus on all aspects of running the business. After successful completion of training, the candidate must be open to potential relocation and have the ability to be placed within the specified geographic region.
The Retail Store Manager – Bench will be assigned a retail store, and will be responsible for managing the overall operations of that retail store including supervision of team members, the administration of store sales performance, profitability, procedural compliance and customer experience objectives. Although the Retail Store Manager – Bench’s management of the assigned retail store during the bench assignment will be overseen by experienced FedEx Office management Team Members, the Retail Store Manager – Bench will have responsibility for daily management of the retail store.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Achieve company objectives for sales and profit performance and customer experience objectives within the assigned retail store
- Direct supervision of team members, including responsibility for:
- Hiring of all team members and monitoring new hire orientation procedures
- Training and evaluating the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives; conducting regular Operations Reviews and Performance Appraisals and making recommendations for wage increases and promotions, when applicable; ensuring execution on all people related initiatives (i.e. bench planning, climate survey follow up)
- Initiating disciplinary procedures, as necessary, for team members, up to and including termination of employment
- Ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as immediate supervisor of team members
- Ensuring a positive customer experience
- Ensure the maintenance of fiscal reporting procedures within the retail store, including accounts receivable, inventory reports, daily sales recaps, and daily bank deposits in full compliance with established company policies
- Monitor and direct marketing activities within the retail store to achieve pre-established sales objectives including monthly marketing calendars, media advertising, specialized sales, in-store signage, etc.
- Recommend equipment and machinery required for efficient production operations and for monitoring inventory level of supplies and materials
- Ensure federal/state law safety requirements are established within the retail store. In addition, may be required to perform quarterly safety inspections of the retail store
- Ensure team members within the retail store are consistently complying with FedEx Office Policies and Procedures
- Ensure retail store cleanliness
- Ensure execution of internal processes
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- 3+ years of related retail experience, including 1+ years of prior progressively responsible supervisory experience required
- Advanced level of reading, writing and mathematical ability
- Proven ability to lead, direct and supervise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring.
- Must be open and able to commute or relocate within the geographical area
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to meet the needs of managing the retail store by ensuring prompt and regular attendance such that effective management of the retail store is achieved.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.
- Engaging and inspiring store teams to achieve maximum performance by modeling behavior that fosters a sense of energy, ownership, teamwork, and personal commitment
- Pursuing, attracting, hiring, coaching, and retaining talented associates for key roles and setting clear performance expectations
- Sharing responsibility as the “Manager on duty” and total store operations
- Creating a culture of consultative selling with an emphasis on developing ongoing professional relationships with top customers
- Maintaining accountability for results within the Easy Tech & Mobile area
- Partnering with other store managers to champion a customer-centric environment
- Overseeing the timely completion of required training for all store associates
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years leading a sales team in a retail or service environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Passion for technology, production, and office solutions
- Experience in selling to small businesses in a Retail or Service environment
- Ability to network and build community involvement
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Experience and confidence leading a team of consultative selling
- Ability to coach a diverse team of individuals and hold them accountable for results
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Under the direction of the store manager, oversees the operation of a Walgreen store. Assumes full management responsibility in the absence of the store manager and assistant store manager.
- Monitors and analyzes the customer service provided by team members. Offers feedback and coaching.
- Greets customers and clinic patients, and offers assistance with products and services.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Resolves customer complaints and helps respond to customers’ special needs.
- Supervises operation of the store and team members, opening/closing/changing shifts, and task delegation to team members.
- Supervises the control of the store money including register counts, withdraws from bank, armored car pickups, safe deposits, change orders and oversees all aspects of bookkeeping including ledger, invoices, cash reports and time records.
- Performs and supervises merchandising by planning and ensuring the implementation, sets, resets and revisions of basic department and end stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc.
- Learns to analyze inventory trends and supervises inventory management, including ordering items, keeping stock, and liquidating stock and leveraging company resources to avoid outs and overstock.
- Supervises receiving, stocking, pricing, returning, and transferring of merchandise.
- Ensures that store/grounds are clean and presentable; manages repair and maintenance; responds to emergencies.
- Supervises operations of assigned location including strict compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh food, and pharmacy products.
- Maintains knowledge of all computer and technology systems and software (e.g. registers, StoreNet, etc. Ensures response to all systems problems by contacting information technology support and seeking solutions.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned, including assisting team members as needed.
Business Performance Management
- Receives exposure to analysis of financial and performance data for the store, pharmacy and clinic.
- Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops and implements action plans to reduce loss.
People and Performance Management
- Supervises team members by assigning tasks, setting expectations, and providing feedback.
- Ensures training of team members; provides coaching and mentoring.
- Issues constructive discipline and makes discipline recommendations.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm and sharing vision.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies, applicable employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all team members.
Training and Personal Development
- Participates in company and on-the-job training to improve skills and productivity and attends training requested by Store Manager, District Management, and corporate leaders.
- Follows performance improvement plans offered by Store Manager and District Manager.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, learning about the fields of retail, pharmacy and management, seeking best practices.
- Obtains and maintains valid PTCB certification or pharmacy license as required by state.
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions, and ensuring communication is open between management and non-management team members.
- Assists Store Manager in planning and attending community events.
- Bachelor’s Degree prior to position start date or High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of retail supervisory experience.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree/GED and 1 year of retail supervisory experience.
- PTCB Certification
- Prior retail supervision experience.
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a nimble, experienced operations leader to optimize the customer experience across our growing fleet of retail stores. The Director of Retail Operations will develop and implement processes and systems that will help us deliver exceptional customer service in a dynamic, high-growth environment. Our ideal candidate works with a strategic mindset but is always willing to jump in with hands-on support as needed. If this sounds like your kind of gig, read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage daily retail operations while keeping an eye out for new strategies, tools, and processes that will help us effectively increase our retail business
- Partner with the Communications team to create and distribute clear and actionable communications for our store teams
- Oversee all relevant systems and tools, from labor scheduling and workforce management to point-of-sale reporting
- Set budgets at the store level and optimize store processes to maintain profitability levels at each store (including payroll allocation)
- Partner with the Store Development and Real Estate teams, as well as other company leaders, to oversee project management for all new store openings
- Manage relationships with product teams to design innovative and efficient tools, systems, and technology that help us create amazing customer experiences
- Partner with cross-functional business partners to assess project needs and strategize how to drive those projects to completion
- Build strong relationships with field managers to address concerns, create solutions, and constantly improve our in-store management experience
- Lead and develop a team of 3–5 direct reports, build team camaraderie, and prioritize individual development needs
- Create and maintain all policies, procedures, and any relevant field documents
Who you are:
- Backed by 5 years of experience in retail operations, including time spent in supply vendor management
- A leader with a track record of building high-performing and highly engaged teams
- A process-focused project manager who’s eager to collaborate with your team
- Equipped with strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using technology daily in your work (extra credit if you’re a pro at G Suite!)
- Curious and willing to challenge existing processes in the spirit of constant improvement
- Highly motivated and ready to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Driven to build an exceptional customer service operation
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
The Operations Manager is responsible for the implementation, oversight and continuous improvement of standard processes and procedures related to the retail boutiques and Wholesale shop in shops throughout the Region. This role’s main objective is to support the business by ensuring operational excellence.
- Maintaining and updating Store Operations Manual, in partnership with Controller
- Partnership with Kering Internal Audit department
- – Train new store managers on Retail Operational Excellence
- Liaison for LPI Loss Presentation, external team to ensure best experience
- Maintain and utilize WW Retail Operations store visit checklist during quarterly rotations
- Analyze and amend practice and procedure to support the business based upon metrics
- Responsible for partnering closely with all operations associates in retail boutiques
- Support Finance team as needed in reference to Accounts Payable and Receivable inquiries
Point of Sale
- Own, oversee and maintain Point of Sale software (X Store & JDA) for general trouble shooting
- Train new store managers on the consistent and best practices within POS & stock system
- Utilize POS software to support Retail Director, Store Managers and Corporate partners on analyzing business
- Monthly Audit Reports: Checking for discounts, register transactions, negative on-hands, price overrides, etc.; partner with Store Manager for validation
- Weekly Audit Reports: Checking for still-open consignments; resolving with PR & retail stores
- Review, improve and roll-out more condense training guides
– – Update & maintain knowledge of inventory levels in NJ warehouse
– – Monthly cycle counts schedule and follow-up on findings
- Conduct and oversee semi-annual and annual inventories for retail stores
- Overseeing day-to-day initiatives to maintain inventory integrity (i.e. cycle counts of merchandise; oversight of items on loan; inventory adjustments, etc.)
- Travel to retail boutiques to partake in inventories, as well as conduct random audits
- Manage & coordinate inter-departmental transactions with wholesale division
- Partner with Bespoke Director and Store Managers on MTM delivery flow; in addition to any ticketing issues
– – Damages: Review product in NJ warehouse to determine next steps, quarterly
Store Planning & Maintenance (Facilities)
- Work closely with ERI and HQ on all construction needs and projects
- Own and plan for boutique openings, closings, renovations, etc.
- Responsible for repairs within the boutiques, by partnering with Operations Support in-network and third party vendors
- Ensure an elevated and consistent customer experience with supplies including, but not limited to beverages, paper goods, etc.
- – Continuously monitor and improve ways of working for optimal efficiency and cost effectiveness; inclusive vendor management (i.e. Staples, Uline, etc.)
- – Ensure strong partnership with Controller and Store Managers to align on budget and monitoring expenses
- – Monitor and own work flow of alterations throughout US retail network
- – Monitor usage of external vendors utilized by US retail network to ensure cost effectiveness
- Owner of uniforms for US stores, oversee in-network Operations Support point of contact
- Maintain status and update of pending pieces
- Research more efficient way of working internationally
– – Storage: Ownership and partnership of external storage and/or NJ warehouse
- Liaison with warehouse representatives in New Jersey, Penne and Switzerland
- DHL: Ensure foreign shipments are seamless through carrier representatives
- Forwarded proof of delivery and tracking numbers to customers buying offices and stores
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
- Keep cognizant of shipping costs and try to maintain the most cost effective methods of outgoing shipments
- Attention to Detail
- Task Orientated
- Independent Self-Starter
- Ability to Follow-Through on a Process from Start to Finish
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The Senior Director, US Retail Operations, will serve as a key member of the US Retail Operations and act as a strategic partner to senior management. The successful candidate will be a strategic and hands-on leader who will champion and supervise efforts to equip stores with modern and efficient processes and applications.This position will interface directly with field and corporate leaders.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and manage the US field operations, store systems and omni-channel operations teams
- Develop cross functional partnerships with field leaders and corporate partners to advance our roadmap to modernize and optimize store & omni-channel operations
- Work closely with Payroll and Retail Communication teams to ensure alignment in strategy and actions
- Align and optimize standards of operations and efficiency across US stores
- Drive store operational efficiency roadmap identifying, with cross functional partners, initiatives to run our stores more efficiently and with a more modern approach (i.e. licensee carton receiving, automating reporting, store standards, technology in store…) and supervise their implementation
- Continuously improve standards of operations and P&P in partnership with field teams and channel leadership
- Lead the US field ops team and ensure the team adequately allocate their time between store visits, field support and project management/office time
- Ensure successful planning and execution for new store openings, relocations and closings
- Partner with Bunzl and procurement to drive store supplies optimization (budget control, freight reduction, order cadence…)
- Prepare stores to ensure successful physical inventories
- Build and lead the team to support stores and field teams with store applications and systems
- Lead and supervise, in partnership with IT, Mobile POS roll out in Outlet and define the roadmap for future enhancements and, but not only, future roll out strategy for Full Price stores
- Partner with cross functional teams to advance our device strategy roadmap
- Equip our stores with modern and efficient applications (i.e. new payment solutions, VOIP)
- Partner with IT to upgrade our store systems infrastructure (i.e. network bandwidth, computers, IPADs)
- Partner with IT to build efficient processes to actively support stores when system issues arise
- Define and recruit the right team organization to support omni channel operations
- Develop a plan to optimize omni channel sales and drive its execution (i.e. SOF + C&C store capacity, cancel rates, SLA compliance)
- Build processes for day-to-day management of the Active Omni platform and define, in partnership with IT, roadmap of future enhancements
- Supervise the Ecom operations activities (fraud, packaging, deliveries) and define a roadmap to elevate our standards and innovate in partnership with external vendors
- Partner on cross functional Ecom logistic projects (i.e. East Coast DC or other)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in Retail operations including store management experience, preferably in a high-volume complex environment
- Demonstrated abilities to manage projects, preferably on the retail applications side
- Experience in omni-channel operations
- Experience managing a remote team is a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
- Must be a team player
- Well organized with an ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V