Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Searching for a new position with an innovative company? Want to join a line a business that is growing and get in at the ground floor? Passionate about assisting relocating employees settle in in New York? Dwellworks has the job for you! We are searching for a Relocation Director to head up our operations in New York. With our office located across from Union Square, we are conveniently located for any commuter.
OUR POSITION IN A NUTSHELL
The Relocation Team Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the operations team while supporting client relationships and implementations. The ideal candidate will have experience within the real estate/relocation industry, management of a team, and managing to a budget.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH
Team Management (50%)
- Oversee the day to day activities of staff – experience managers (EM) and administrative team
- Mentor team and identify strengths and development opportunities through informal and formal performance reviews
- Manage time off requests and work from home days
- Work with management to establish strategic staffing plan and hire, onboard, and train new team members
Partnering with other Operations Teams (30%)
- Work with Dwellworks Destination Services (DS) team (VP, Directors, and Program Managers) to deliver services to client scope and modify as necessary
- Assess, modify and set-up systems internally to meet the needs of DS as well as non-DS clients and customers.
- Work with Property Advisors and other team members in other locations to share best practices and standardize practices when possible
Managing the Business (20%)
- Assist team with service break resolution including communication with client and escalations
- Drive resolution of client issues through identification of issues and develop solutions to solve
- Weekly meetings with VP Global Real Estate and other management team members to discuss current challenges, wins or roadblocks and utilize these feedback meetings to develop and implement new strategies
- Oversee preparation and verify accuracy of data about business performance and agent metrics
- Partner with accounting team to understanding client billing requirements, agent payments and invoices
- Verify any changes, disputes with hours to be paid, commission amounts and invoices
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Your Experience & Education (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in customer service
- Experience with people management
- Understand performance metrics and measures
Your Experience & Education (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience within relocation and/or real estate industry
Your Additional Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
WHO WE ARE
The Dwellworks experience is driven with passion, hard work and integrity. We search for the team players, the go-getters, and the innovators who are hungry to learn. Best of all, we promote a relaxed, well-rounded environment where associates are empowered and appreciated at all levels of the organization. Here at Dwellworks, we want you to succeed, we want you to grow, and we want you to thrive! Headquartered in the heart of downtown Cleveland, we have expanded our footprint throughout twelve global office locations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Real estate or relocation industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Team management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Responsible for issuing and tracking expatriate documentation on a regional basis. This includes but is not limited to assignment memos, repatriation documentation, localization memos
- Responsible for transfer and departure documentation for all relocations on a regional basis. Involving documentation coordination, issuing and tracking
- Management of inquiries from transferring employees (responding to employees directly, forwarding to vendors or escalating questions as appropriate)
- Responsible for data integrity for assignee records in the Americas. Uploading relevant documentation to records e.g. manage lease information, upload transfer letters and expatriate documentation, ensure accurate billing codes, upload relevant approvals, exception request tracking
- Working with assignment managers on initiation and communication of relocation policies
- Responsible for both regular and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Responsible for coordination of immigration expiries report updates, and coordination with vendors
- Conducting initial review of relocation cost estimates to confirm accuracy
- Interaction with assignment managers on data entry for various assignment calculations
- Provide support in coordinating mobility approvals, including coordinating costs for senior stakeholders
- Participate in global and regional calls with global team, as well as with divisional and regional business partners and managers
- Involvement in ad-hoc regional projects
To be successful in performing and developing this role, the candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in a majority of the following areas:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail – an ability to review data, detect and correct errors, take responsibility for data quality
- Client service focus, responsiveness and a “can-do” open-minded professional attitude
- Strong organizational skills, proactive approach
- Self-starter, ability to work well independently or in a team environment
- Good communication and relationship management skills
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Good judgment – knowing when to escalate an issue combined with a willingness to be flexible
- Familiar with operating as part of a global team
- Enthusiastic, positive and keen to learn and develop
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Experience in the mobility field is preferred although not essential
Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours.
What this job involves:
The position of Asst Relocation Project Manager is responsible for the outcome of the move projects, customer satisfaction, move communication, as well as transparency and reconciliation of costs associated with all move-related activities. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. This position will work in coordination with the occupancy planning manager to manage the move team through all move activities, and attend kick off meetings and introductions with the customer. Be an effective “change agent” by reviewing current processes, policies, and practices and initiate discussion regarding the benefit of change.
- Schedule and run pre-move meetings, and provide timelines, strategy and schedules.
- Collaborate with supply chain and run the RFP for the move project.
- Schedule movers and alert security, provide all names for badging.
- Schedule disconnects and reconnects of computer, servers, printer, and phones.
- On site for all vendors and customer during move.
- Review completed move and make adjustments with vendor.
- Submit service tickets to have space cleaned, keys and chairs at desk.
- Schedule and run post move rooms and activities.
- Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on.
- Other support as required
Post Move Follow Up
- Provide welcome communications with information on new location and site services.
- Schedule vendor for scrap pick up, recycle or reuse excess furniture, and remove chairs
- Provide punch list to vendors with open items.
- Coordinate pick up of crates and/or boxes.
- Clear contents of origin location, clean up for next group move in.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with admins and team managers to discuss/guide them through logistics, blocking, and the details of their moves.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Update move matrix, fill in customer information, technical requirements.
- Assess cubicle condition, order missing parts, ergo changes.
- Receive, compile and scrub move lists for potential issues
- Review furniture layout, determine location for files and storage.
- Ensure Deliver boxes, move labels, post pin ups, & deliver move instructions.
- Determine mobile locations and prep furniture for drop in stations.
- Lead Manage, develop and supervise a professional friendly, creative, energetic, and detail oriented team in the delivery of extraordinary events
- Provide excellent onboarding, training, and team building
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success
- Participate in the individual performance management program and personal development planning for members of the team
- Align with facilities leadership team as a manager and act in a manager capacity for anything at the site/s
- Act as an ambassador for JLL, adopting and maintaining the firm’s core values of Teamwork, Ethics and Excellence
Sound like you? To apply, you should have:
- College preferred, but not required, with at least 3 years experience in a corporate environment.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in related field.
- Proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you…
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .