Here are sample job ads for these types of roles…
The Sourcing team is responsible for securing the best possible real estate for WeWork members. This position manages the real estate leasing portfolio within a designated region to oversee all sourcing efforts to obtain commercial real estate within designated region, and inform real estate strategy by keeping a pulse on market and submarket demand. Additionally this role will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key landlords and brokers at a global level, and overseeing best practices for relationship-building in rthe egion.
- Lead WeWork’s sourcing efforts within the designated region by working closely with regional deal teams to oversee all sourcing efforts to obtain commercial real estate within a designated region and territories along side the RE Regional Head and Global Head of Sourcing
- Deal sourcing for both on- and off-market deals through aggressive relationship building with brokers and landlords
- Knowledge of all leasing and subleasing activity in designated territories and markets
- Evaluation of potential locations to determine suitability for WeWork product lines
- Maintaining a robust pipeline in designated territories and markets
- Systematically aggregating and synthesizing large amounts of information by activating strategic entrepreneurial strategies
- Managing and training the region sourcers
- Maintaining strategic alignment with regional real estate teams, which includes attendance at all global real estate leadership meetings and strategic events
- 12 or more years of relevant work experience
- Extensive background in and strong understanding of commercial real estate acquisitions or brokerage
- Deep knowledge of designated region and territory
- Teamwork, cooperation, and ability to take direction
- Reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing numerous deals simultaneously
- Superior relationship- and partnership-building skills
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Excels under pressure; ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained – customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether our guests stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
Washington, DC poses unique challenges and opportunities for Sonder; the alternative accommodation space is the fastest growing segment in hospitality, but regulations and demand have created serious supply constraints. Are you the right candidate to take on the challenge of continuing to grow the market in the DC region?
As an Associate Director of Real Estate, you will drive supply growth by working with your local Real Estate team (Director, General Manager) to identify top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities for Sonder, underwrite deals, forecast growth data, negotiate leases and manage deal closings in adding to Sonder’s portfolio. Your primary role is to support the entire sales cycle, as the team sells Sonder to developers and hotel owners, in order to sign as many units as possible in the Washington, DC metro area.
What You’ll Do
- Grow Sonder’s portfolio of hotels and apartments in Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
- Be assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Director of Real Estate to develop and implement a growth acquisition plan.
- Propel our growth even further by adding thousands of units to our portfolio.
- Prospect, qualify, underwrite, pitch, and close new real estate opportunities.
- Build relationships with the largest developers and owners in the DC metro area.
- Negotiate and structure deals by leveraging other headquarters’ resources including teams dedicated to market analysis, underwriting and public policy stakeholders.
- Use local real estate knowledge and a network of contacts in the DC metro area to source developers and real estate owners with suitable development opportunities where the Sonder business model can operate and create value. Manage relationships with owners and developers including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and lease compliance.
- Craft, negotiate, and support leases favorable to Sonder and its guests, with a focus on commercial terms, as well as property upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness, and landlord responsiveness.
- Become fluent in local public policy and existing hotel and apartment regulations and building code.
- Become an expert at pipeline management while ensuring full compliance with Sonder business development procedures and driving improvements to the process when shortcomings are identified.
- Work with our underwriting team in research and data analytics to create fine-tuned estimates of our portfolio’s profitability.
- Foster community relations and present the value and benefits of partnering with Sonder while enhancing public image.
- Develop new relationships and expand existing accounts.
What We Look For
- You’re a hotel, multi-family and commercial real estate expert, and have made your mark as a recognized and well-established real estate professional in your market. You have additional specialized knowledge, as well as record of success in real estate sales.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in commercial real estate, including acquisition & development.
- Experience with a range of asset classes (Hospitality, Residential, Commercial). You master all aspects of real estate development – equity structures, financing considerations, construction, lease-up and exit.
- You live, breathe, and sleep real estate; you are passionate and knowledgeable about Washington, DC, real estate market.
- You’re an accomplished salesperson and closer who is self-driven. You’ve mastered the art of presenting a value proposition and handling objections while inspiring trust. You are hungry and you hit your numbers.
- You’ve built a powerful real estate network. You can find your way to any developer in the city and can leverage your rolodex.
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive to craft and implement a strategic plan for lease acquisition.
- You aspire to be a missionary and not a mercenary – you want to work for a fast growing start-up “unicorn.” You see the big picture and make decisions based on the long term value vs. short term profit.
- You’re an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms.
- You have the ability to analyze real estate from a strategic point of view.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Acquisition Manager, Residential New Build
Main Street Renewal is a private company focused on buying, renovating, and leasing across the country. We are very passionate about what we do. We care for each other, our partners, and our customers, fostering a culture of transparency, trust, and empowerment. We are determined to work smarter, utilizing great tools and technology to create an excellent experience for our residents. We are also driven to work harder and do what it takes to create exceptional outcomes. Our goal is to provide our residents a great house, easy lease experience, and attentive service so they can create a home they love.
A day in the life of an Acquisition Manager, Residential New Build
The New Build Acquisition Manager will work directly with the investment team and will be responsible for sourcing investment opportunities by building strong relationships with landowners, developers, and home builders across all 25+ Main Street Renewal markets. This role has been created to provide an on ground resource for the investment team. This position will report to our Chief Investment Officer.
- Negotiate investment opportunities under the direction of senior management
- Manage building timelines and closings schedule for active projects
- Evaluate and present new investment opportunities to acquisition team
- Analyze national industry trends and new build production across all MSR markets.
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborative team environment and the tools needed to be successful in your job
- Exceptional onboarding experience (we want you to succeed in your new role)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (Pick the plan that works best for you and the family)
- 401K with employer match (We just keep on giving)
- Employee referral program (Get paid for referring your friends)
What you’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Construction Management, Real Estate or related field is required
- 2+ years industry experience working with a home builder
- Proven ability of maintaining and building new relationships in the construction industry
- Keen understanding of home building, construction timelines and building costs
- Strong verbal and written skills to present investment ideas to senior management
- This is position is based in New York and will require 50% travel nation wide
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- 50% is anticipated for this position
At Main Street Renewal, we believe that our teammates are the foundation of our success. Come join our MSR family where we work smarter, work harder, and are passionate about what we do
Job Type: Full-time
Job Title: Manager – Real Estate
Department: Real Estate
Business Unit: Central Services
Reports To: Director of Real Estate
Supervisory Role: No
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Real Estate Manager will manage the site selection and acquisition process including site identification and qualification, negotiation, exchange of purchase and lease agreements. This role is also responsible to provide project management and financial oversight in delivering entitlements of new store on time and on budget for projects within the assigned territory.
- Analyze markets within assigned territory to identify the best available sites for Lidl US
- Track competitor locations and activities
- Develop and cultivate relationships with land owners , brokers, developers, potential business partners, and professional organizations
- Negotiate the purchase and lease of retail sites
- Analyze local ordinances and zoning codes to determine development parameters
- Create and manage detailed budgets and schedules for individual development projects
- Manage all activities and communications between stakeholders, consultants and contractors including engineers, architects, and attorneys in order to deliver stores within appropriate timeframes
- Oversee the due diligence and entitlement process for ground-up and/or takeover development opportunities including rezoning, site plan approval, Department of Transportation (DOT) permits, environmental permits, building permits, and all other permits and approvals required for development
- Represent Lidl US to local governmental entities and the public including facilitating community meetings and public hearings
- Prepare regular reports and updates in Lidl’s real estate systems to advise leadership on status of all live sites
- Train or guide the work of other team members on occasion
- Meet acquisition goals for assigned region
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of real estate acquisition and lease process, real estate and contract law, retail real estate markets, real estate valuation, development entitlement processes for assigned region, and best practices of real estate project management
- Effective, efficient and results-oriented mindset
- Excellent organizational, analytical, relationship building/interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in project management, budget management, and other customized software systems
- Ability to use mapping/GIS software
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required minimum
- 2 – 4 years of experience in related field required
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience in a related field will meet the education and related experience requirements
- Driver’s License required
Physical Job Requirements
- This person in this role must be able to position him/herself (ex: kneel, crawl, crouch down) to fulfill the essential functions of the role less than half the time
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary (standing and/or seated) position more than half the time
- The person in this position may need to move about the store(s), distribution center(s), warehouse(s), and/or corporate office(s) less than half the time
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) 15 – 40 lbs.
- This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists (ex: typing, etc.) more than half the time
- This position requires the ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors
- This position is exposed to outdoor weather conditions less than half the time
- This position is exposed to non-climate controlled workspace(s) less than half the time
- The person in this position must be able to identify and distinguish between colors less than half the time
- This position requires overnight domestic travel 50% of the time
- Anticipated travel will be by car, air, and/or train
As the Real Estate & Strategy Manager, you’ll be an integral part of our collaborative and close-knit team that’s helping to redefine how people shop by combining clicks and bricks. Reporting to the Director of Real Estate & Strategy, you’ll be responsible for managing our real estate portfolio and acting as the point person for all things real estate-related, from the initial negotiation phase through lease execution and beyond.
What you’ll do…
- Identify and analyze potential target markets for site selection in conjunction with our Real Estate & Strategy Associate and coordinate efficient and educational market tours
- Create, manage and maintain a robust real estate pipeline in order to establish an inventory of the best locations in all target markets
- Continue to improve processes associated with forecasting and tracking deals for all potential sites
- Manage the day-to-day pipeline activity, including monitoring and reporting on pipeline progress, pipeline financials, negotiating initial and counter offers, and assisting all stakeholders with project roadblocks
- Coordinate with all internal and external real estate partners (including brokers, consultants, outside counsel and landlords, and internal legal, construction, finance, marketing and operations teams) throughout the lease negotiation and store buildout processes
- Work with the Real Estate & Strategy Associate through the real estate committee approval processes to effectively present and communicate on all potential locations
- Partner with Real Estate & Strategy Associate, as well as various teams across brands, to analyze store and market performance and incorporate all findings into the site selection process
- Collaborate with Lease Administrator to respond to critical lease-related notices, including commencement date agreements, renewals, estoppels, landlord notices and other related documents
- Are disciplined and process-oriented with the strong communication skills needed to be the go-to person for all issues relating to expanding the portfolio’s footprint
- Thrive in a team setting and are an effective collaborator in a transparent and highly communicative atmosphere
- Have at least 3+ years of experience working on the real estate team for a retail company or a real estate consulting firm, including extensive experience leading site selection and lease negotiating processes
- Have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Are an expert at Excel and Powerpoint
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Are psyched to help build and improve internal processes and best practices/policies
- Are excited to spend extensive time on the road
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often over experience
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
- Don’t believe in fire drills (except literal ones – they save lives)
- Wear a lot of hats and value self-starters and initiatives
- Believe that if you’re not measuring it, you can’t influence it
- Are excited to hear from you