Here are sample job advertisements for a range of real estate acquisition analyst roles…
About the Role
KD Sagamore is seeking an Acquisitions Analyst to join its team. Responsibilities will include, butwill not be limited to:
Underwriting new deals, assisting with due diligence on transactions, in-depth market research and opportunity analysis, and detailed presentations for our internal investment committee as well as debt packages for prospective lenders.
The individual must be extremely proactive, detail oriented, highly capable of managing multiple roles and project accounts effectively and enjoys working in a team environment. The individual will be thoroughly involved in different aspects of the business and will be working closely alongside with senior management.
- Analyze new acquisitions / development opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital and financing structures. The ability to create, manage, and manipulate detailed development models and draw schedules is a must.
- Develop in-depth understanding of a neighborhood or a city and underlying sub-markets by tracking comparables analysis and broader market analysis
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials and documents (e.g., pitch materials, pro-formas).
- Assist in sourcing new acquisition opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with other local developers, investors, brokers and other real estate professionals.
- You have 2 + years of experience in real estate or financial analysis position
- You are proficient in Excel and have experience with real estate financial and construction modeling
- You have excellent research, analytical and presentation skills
- You have a passion for real estate
- You thrive in accomplishing detail-oriented tasks
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic startup environment
- You are entrepreneurial, able to work without well-worn paths or established protocols
- You know how to ask for help when you need it and you keep your cool in stressful situations
- You are a self-starter
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- real estate: 2 years (Preferred)
- Transaction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- POSITION SUMMARY: The Acquisitions Analyst supports the Transaction group during all aspects of the real estate investment process. Key areas of responsibility include market analysis, financial modeling, cash flow analysis, lease review, assistance in evaluating deal structures and due diligence activities for new acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform detailed financial modeling incorporating discounted cash flow analysis, direct cap method, sales comp analysis, various debt scenarios and sensitivity tables; Underwrite office, multi-family, retail and industrial investments located in the United States.
- Analyze IRR projections, Promote calculations, Waterfall structures and Cash Flow forecasts.
- Utilize AE/ DCF software to project property cash flows through rent, expense, tenant cost and other global assumptions.
- Prepare acquisition materials including but not limited to: o Capitalization tables; Net asset value analyses; Implied Cap Rate analyses; future cash flows; Consolidated debt overviews and net present value analyses for public and private real estate operating companies; Investment Committee memos, Debt proposals, Go Hard memos, Post-Closing material and any other necessary documents needed as part of the acquisition process.
- Review of financial packages as needed.
- Conduct market research including market rents, sales comps and operating costs analysis.
- Physically inspect properties across the United States for possible acquisitions.
- Manage due diligence process and assist in the disposition process.
- Develop relationship with potential joint venture partners or brokers for acquisitions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not all-inclusive.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or related field is strongly desired.
- Required: o 2-4 years’ work experience in Real Estate.
- In-depth understanding of financial modeling including cash-on-cash returns, IRR analysis, waterfall structures and discounted cash flows. o Excellent working knowledge of Argus Enterprise and Excel.
- Experience underwriting commercial properties. SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, due diligence, organization, and financial analysis skills
- Must have take-ownership mentality, while being a collaborative team player who exhibits maturity, creativity, diplomacy and self-confidence.
- Strategic thinking with proactive a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work within tight timeframe’s and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy along with ability to multitask and prioritize. TRAVEL: Position is based in NYC and involves approximately 15% travel
- Perform investment analysis and underwriting of single-family residences offered for sale via MLS, Auction, Bulk or New Construction which meet the Company’s purchase criteria and return expectations
- Incorporate real-time data trends to improve neighborhood and asset selection.
- Manage offer success ratios to achieve desired acquisition targets with the highest levels of resource efficiency
- Work cross functionally with other stakeholders to help design and execute acquisitions strategies
- College degree or equivalent related work experience required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point) and other computer applications
- Prior real estate and underwriting experience preferred, not required
- Experience with property valuations and market data preferred, not required
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively
- Highly motivated with the ability to interact effectively inside and outside the organization
- Detail oriented
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize with timely follow up
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.