Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles:
Drive the development and execution of work related to the NAS Claims Quality Assurance processes, and consider other areas to which we might need to expand the program.
Assist with internal & external compliance and attestation, and the development and maintenance of standards documents such as Standard Work, Job Aids, and Stand Operating Procedures.
Owner of the NAS Claims Quality Assurance process. This includes measurement of results and action plans to address deficiencies. This includes periodic review of the QA process to ensure that it is still efficient and effective and may require redesign if deficiencies in the process itself are identified. Must hold fieldleadership accountable for review completion.
Works with analytics or other designated resources to compile results and identify trends.
Presents QA findings to Claims leaders and gains alignment on action plans to close identified gaps.
Works with field leadership on addressing findings, coordinating with other resources, and partnering to develop identified training needs.
Assists with attestation and Internal Audit activities. Works with IA, Claims Regulatory Compliance, and the field to clear findings and various NAS Claims teams to ensure processes are built or revised to meet compliance and regulation requirements. Ensures appropriate standards documentation is built or revised to support the process.
Recommend necessary changes to standards documentation, and partner with the field to identify needs for revisions using QA findings and root cause problem solving, as needed.
Evaluate the need for new areas of QA review, and participate in analysis of cost-benefit to include staffing required
Bachelor`s degree or equivalent experience.
Advanced degree preferred. Minimum 7-10 years’ work experience required with experience in claims or claims operations.
Strong critical thinking and analytical mindset with strong communication and project management skills to implement changes to process standards.
Strong ability to present to and influence senior leadership.
Knowledge and experience in NAS Claims process is strongly preferred.
Knowledge in attestation and external compliance requirements preferred.
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist for its Auditing and Accounting Unit (“Audit”). The Unit’s core function is to perform detailed, timely audits of campaigns’ financial disclosure statements and supporting documentation. This position reports to the Assistant Executive Director, Campaign Finance Administration.
Work with the Assistant Executive Director, tasks to include but not limited to:
- Perform internal control testing of procedures and audits according to Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) as assigned by the Assistant Executive Director;
- Monitor audit processes and continuously provide recommendations as part of the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program;
- Conduct internal peer review assessments and coordinate external peer reviews;
- Continuously update the Audit Manual and summarize the results of the monitoring process;
- Act as Information Technology Liaison between the Audit and IT unit (“Systems”) for IT related troubleshooting, improvements and modifications to workpapers, redevelopment projects, as well as ensuring quality controls and GAGAS compliance;
- Assist Assistant Executive Director (AED) in documenting current and future state of the impact of all audit procedures on IT programs;
- Develop and update Excel data analysis tools used in audit programs and work papers in compliance with GAGAS;
- Compile statistics on and projections of the Audit Unit’s workload and use of resources and make recommendations for improving efficiency;
- Create data-based graphics and exhibits for use in audit reports, including draft and final audit reports;
- Provide assistance, as requested, in reviewing audits brought before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ);
- Assist the Audit Unit with evaluating, developing, and conducting audit trainings;
- Design and conduct internal and external focus group discussions with audit staff. Present conclusions and proposed improvements to Assistant Executive Director and Audit Director; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and manage shifting priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and a strong work ethic.
- Must be a team player.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and at least four years work experience in one or a combination of the following: Internal audit, quality assurance, financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of GAGAS.
- Background or interest in data analytics.
- Experience in developing and facilitating audit training.
- Through knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Knowledge of SQL databases preferred.
- Experience with the ALGA peer review process strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with the entire Microsoft suite, exceptional Excel skills and experience in data analysis software.
- Background or interest in politics and government a plus.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
As our Quality & Compliance (“Q&C”) Agent for the North American & Australian markets, you will be responsible for supporting the N. American and Australian market communities and enforcing our guidelines and defend and protect our brand. You will work closely together with the Q&C agent based in Denver and you will also have a close relationship with the Global Q&C Teams. You will be based in our New York office and will be reporting to the Q&C Operations Manager for North America & Australia who is based in New York.
- Working independently with daily communication and support from our compliance teams.
- Solving any issue regarding reported reviews in the North American and Australian markets and ensuring that the reviews on our site comply with our guidelines.
- Taking co-ownership of the market with other agents and helping with escalated cases either in writing or on the phone.
- Daily collaboration with other offices (agents and managers) to solving any issues regarding reported reviews in the North American and Australian markets.
- Handling other market tasks, including assessing template invitations and assessing whether companies comply with our guidelines.
- Helping build Trust & Transparency in your market through educating both users and companies on how Trustpilot operates including our Guidelines and processes.
- Assist Customer Success, Support, Sales and the Communications team with compliance issues on the North American and Australian markets
- Being a Trust Ambassador by nurturing relationships with colleagues in other departments, and assisting projects aimed at increasing trust and transparency.
- Helping improve and maintain our model answers and compliance-related content for communicating with our community.
- As needed, helping other team members handle cases in different English speaking markets.
- Excellent written language skills in English.
- Minimum of 2 year compliance or similar experience
- Good understanding of Quality & Compliance operations & processes.
- Excellent written communication skills, & an ability to understand the nuances of communicating with businesses & consumers.
- Great stakeholder management, as you will be engaging across departments.
- Able to work independently & juggle multiple tasks at once. A proactive approach to task & issue handling.
- Conflict management skills & an ability to communicate politely in all situations.
- Process oriented & a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to structure & prioritize your time.
- A can-do person who works efficiently & takes pride in answering every case.
You will be joining an international Quality & Compliance team consisting of 23 intelligent and passionate agents and investigators with different backgrounds and nationalities, based in Copenhagen and New York. We work closely together to make Trustpilot the most trusted company in the world and the safest, most reliable online review platform for sharing shopping experiences.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding global technology company
- 100% covered health insurance. Vision and dental insurance offered
- Free catered lunch every Friday, bagel Mondays, office happy hours, ping pong tables, 2 kegerators, gongs, bells and more
- Great office location in the heart of the Flatiron District
Check out our office on The Muse! ( https://www.themuse.com/companies/trustpilot )
Trustpilot is an online review-driven community and platform that builds relationships between consumers and businesses. Launched in 2007, Trustpilot has seen demand for its service rapidly increase, now providing over 140,000 businesses with TrustScores based on more than 22 million reviews. Trustpilot operates in 65 countries, with offices in the UK, US, Denmark, Germany, Australia and Lithuania. Enabling businesses to engage with customers directly, Trustpilot invites shoppers to provide reviews of their experiences, allowing for a more open conversation about business improvements based on personal feedback.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Control/Operational Risk Reporting, this role is responsible for administering the quality control procedures. The Quality Control- Associate works alongside the loan closing group and core business groups in closing new deals and modifications on existing portfolio loan accounts to ensure compliance with Ally CF policies and procedures and regulatory compliance (Flood Insurance, OFAC and Know Your Customer).
This position has strong working relationships with the core business teams (underwriters and portfolio managers), Operations, Accounting, Legal, Compliance and Credit/Risk functions. Individuals at this level work independently and have a working knowledge of the deal closing process which includes underwriting, documentation, regulatory and operational requirements as well as regulatory and Fed reporting requirements.
- Quality Control
- Completing the pre- and post-closing Quality Control review for new transactions or loan modifications to detect and correct material errors
- Ensure contractual terms of client loans are consistent with credit approval and accurately reflected in the loan accounting system
- Ensure transactions are in compliance with Ally CF procedures and regulatory requirements for flood insurance, OFAC and Know your Customer
- Produce monthly reporting detailing status of Quality Control review
- Risk Reporting/Governance
- Contribute to updating and maintaining risk governance documents (i.e., Credit Policy and Procedures, Committee Charters and Delegating Lending Authorities) to ensure enterprise/regulatory compliance.
- Review, prepare and/or distribute routine risk/operational reporting or materials for internal and corporate partners.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within CF’s front-line employees and CF Management, and all other Corporate functions (i.e., Legal, Compliance, Credit, Human Resources, Accounting and Financial Reporting)
- Other responsibilities may include
- Ad-hoc special projects
- Assist in compiling information required for internal and external audits
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial lending with a minimum of 1-2 years of loan administration experience
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment and sufficient knowledge/confidence to respond to general questions, needs and requests from business partners
- Education: BA or BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Skill Set
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly analytical, detail oriented with problem solving capability
- High level of accountability
- Ability to interface across corporate departments
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Corporate Finance (CF) provides customized secured commercial loans to private-equity and/or venture capital backed companies based in North America. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. CF focuses on manufacturers, distributors/wholesalers, and service businesses but also has specialty lending teams that cover healthcare and technology businesses. We are headquartered in New York and have offices in major cities across the U.S.
Total Rewards Information
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs