Here are sample job ads for this type of role…
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile team responsible for creating user stories, prioritizing and maintaining the team backlog to deliver on the product’s features and epics to deliver business value. The PO is responsible for implementing and delivering new digital capabilities and/or enhancements to current digital products (desktop, mobile and mobile app) that directly impact critical business goals including company targets and customer satisfaction.
- Supports online capabilities to deliver process improvements, and system enhancements using the Agile methodology.
- Lead Agile scrum team for digital products and assist in contributing to attainment of customer satisfaction goals through product enhancements and programs that deliver validated business/customer value.
- Ability to lead meetings to discuss issues, identify and recommend resolution
- Be responsible for the various Agile ceremonies Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, PI Planning
- Create, maintain, prioritize and deliver on team backlog
- Collaborate with the members of the Agile Release Train (ART) and any other partners to investigate, gather and evaluate proposed technical solutions for the features identified by the Product Manager.
- Decompose features into detailed and well written user stories that effectively translate into a detailed plan which the scrum team will use to turn business requests into functionality that drives business value.
- Identify and accurately document the acceptance criteria in the user stories through SME knowledge, use cases, collaboration with ART and input from the scrum team
- Prioritize user stories to support the iterative development process from build to launch
- Provide acceptance and sign off for completed user stories. This includes confirming the user story meets the acceptance criteria, appropriate acceptance testing was completed, validating the quality, attending a demonstration of the user story, and verifying that it meets the definition of done.
- Collaborate with other product owners, ART, release teams and key stakeholders to support, coordinated delivery of product roadmaps and strategic plans
- Support the development of new functional flows to improve the digital customer experience.
- Support creation of customer journeys and translates into digital customer experiences that meet their current needs and anticipate their expectations.
- Support the development process and product lifecycle by developing User Acceptance Test strategies and participating in the User Acceptance Testing, when needed.
- Leverage online tools to support segmented and customized online experiences.
- Participate in the development of user experience goals, user stories and provide recommendations (self- determined or team options) that can be used to improve self-service capabilities or support.
- Support both the business and technical understanding of the customer experience, back-end technologies/capabilities and business operations.
- Work collaboratively with business and all support partners to drive cross-functional alignment.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate a keen awareness of the user experience while seeking opportunities for self-service adoption.
- Experience in identifying and documenting business needs and understanding quality tactics for Eversource releases working interactively and effectively with technical resources.
- Ability to manage a team backlog through creation of user stories, prioritizing stories, and accepting stories in a fast-paced environment, with acute attention to detail.
- Customer-first orientation and strong passion for delivering quality tools, information and content in service to consumer needs.
- Possess initiative to think several steps ahead in the digital environment and anticipate needs of customers and employees.
- Be comfortable bringing new ideas to the team that align with the Digital Roadmap, growth and vision
- Desire to work collaboratively and experienced in driving projects to completion.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Computer Science, Psychology, Digital Marketing, Business Administration, Marketing or Management or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years work experience preferably working with customer facing and or digital products/projects, using an Agile/Iterative and or Lean methodology.
- Product Owner certification or motivation to become certified necessary-required within 1 year in the job.