Some operational roles focus on company operations. Other roles focus on operations for a specific function, such as purchasing, Human resources, or logistics. Here are a few sample job advertisements….
Strategic Management Analyst
PILOT – New York, NY 10011 (Chelsea area)
This is a remote, virtual position
As an Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) company in the HR Technology vertical (B2B). PILOTis a NYC based startup that democratizes executive coaching through weekly career advancement activities, live group coaching and an easy to use, mobile-ready experience. Our mission is to help professionals feel powerful at work, and we’re helping to level the playing field by getting more coaching, to more employees, sooner in their careers.
Our award-winning (recently named Best Advance in Women’s Leadership Developmentby Brandon Hall Group) product is revered by our members (end users) and our customers, representing many impressive brands across industries (MetLife, Cadillac, Pandora Radio, Pinterest, Housing Works, City Year, LifeBridge Health, Bank Leumi, State Street, and more).We’re a hardworking, remote and distributed team and we want your help on our journey to transform people’s work lives and make coaching available to everyone.
The values that guide PILOT, including how we design our product, make decisions and our behaviors are: Activated, In Sync, Captivating, Realized and Impactful. We expect our people to hold these values close and we design our product around these. We will be assessing you against these things.
What PILOT Offers
- Powerful Work– Your work with PILOT directly supports our mission to transform career development opportunities and activate people so they can powerfully command their careers. We already work with small and large organizations across the US. Our product produces real world results for our members that fundamentally shifts, enhances, and improves both their experience of work and more broadly, their lives. You’ll get to be a part of that!
- Clear Expectations & Rewards– Our team enjoys clear direction, articulate expectations, and accountability that drive performance.
- Flexibility– All of our team members are remote, working from different parts of the United States. You’ll be able to work from home with flexible working hours. If you are in NYC, PILOT leverages a shared co-working space in Flatiron.
- The PILOT Crew – Your colleagues, or as we call them ‘The PILOT Crew’, are quite compelling. We are a small team of high performers, with a willing spirit, great attitudes, and a sense of humor. Jerks, buffoons, and people that don’t pull their weight are not part of our company. We host retreats where we all get together for intense work sessions and stay in touch all day through Slack and bi-weekly team meetings. You’ll get the recognition you deserve on a small team, oftentimes a thing that gets lost in larger companies. We want to celebrate your wins!
- Enablement– As a modern company PILOT leverages some of the industry’s best technology, services, and vendors. We believe in equipping each of our crew members for success, and you’ll enjoy better support and resources than many large companies provide.
- Growth Opportunities– You have the opportunity to grow with us and receive direct feedback on your performance. As a startup, this is a new position with huge potential in terms of growing and leading. We act quickly on promising ideas and empower each of our crew to truly own their role and function. The sky’s the limit!
Who You Are
We’re looking for a virtual operations analyst to help us with organization of daily operations and provide support to our team.
- Have experience in an operational, administrative or project management role
- Have strong organization and communication capabilities
- Bring a can-do attitude, solicit and love feedback, are willing to ‘figure it out’, are drivers, and hold themselves accountable
- US work authorization and are willing to participate in a background check
As an operations analyst, you will perform various tasks including (but not limited to) performing research, data management, virtual filing and record keeping, communications assistance and email management, and more.
The best candidate for this position cares about efficiency and effectiveness, and helping organizations work smarter. You are bold, resilient, agile and comfortable working in a fast paced, quick-changing environment like a tech startup.
Are you a lifelong learner? Are you a proactive and creative problem solver? Do you enjoy an environment that is frequently changing and moving quickly? If the answer is yes, we want you to apply for this position as an Operations Analyst with PILOT.
The Job Details
Operations Analysts at PILOT provide leverage and support for our management team to execute against our strategy, including improving our product, enhancing our customer service, growing our sales, and generally advancing our company in all regards. Your goal will be to assist the PILOT team by providing administrative support, conducting stellar research, analyzing data, assistance with member communications, and more. You will play a key role in making sure PILOT fulfills its mission to Make People Feel Powerful at Work.
- Assistance and coordination with a wide variety of administrative and operational duties related to: product development, delivery to our end users (members), sales, marketing, and general business operations
- Conducting research, collecting and analyzing information
- Presentation formatting and proofreading
- Data entry and database assistance
- Email / communications assistance
- Other operational support as needed
- Administrative / Operations
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to prioritise and communicate a range of projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
- Tech savvy with strong competence in Microsoft Office, plus experience of learning to use new systems quickly. (we use a lot of cloud based services such as Asana, Evernote, Hubspot, Google Docs, Typeform, Slack and more)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with great time management skills
- Extremely self-motivated
- Proactive, pragmatic and resourceful
- Diligent & Reliable – Consistently drives to deliver high caliber results within deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with a distributed team
- High degree of comfort with technology and virtual workplaces
- Flexible – Things can and will change quickly around here. You have to go with the flow and be ready to switch lenses on a dime.
- Friendly self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to work flexibly as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team.
Vettery – New York, NY
Here’s the gist:
Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
The Operations Support Analyst will play a key role on our Business Operations (Ops) team. Working alongside senior team members, you will help execute initiatives to build new operational processes, solve critical problems, and scale our business. You’ll need to be detail-oriented and scrappy, as projects are often complex and granular. The work of the Support Analyst is challenging, and you’ll have countless opportunities to make an impact on the business and grow professionally.
A little more about what you will do:
- Collaborate with Ops leadership to develop tools and systems that will drive company growth and increase scalability
- Work on projects that span multiple business units: help us enter new markets, build marketing channels, and execute the day-to-day tasks of building local marketplace activity
- Roll your sleeves up and work through the smaller-scale, gritty tasks that make up larger initiatives
- Learn how to plan and execute projects from a group of senior operators who will support your professional growth
- Provide analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical projects
- Most importantly, a positive attitude – we are looking for people who care about developing sophisticated solutions to challenging problems rather than just checking the boxes on a given task
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university and a strong track record of academic success
- Relevant internship experience in startups, banking, or consulting a big plus
- Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented, and an unquenchable desire to promote the Vettery brand
- Enthusiasm about entrepreneurship and the startup landscape
- Ability to hit the ground running and quickly learn how the Vettery business operates
- Strong analytical skills: you’ll be identifying core business problems and developing solutions to proactively address issues
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. More than anyone else, we understand that job requisitions don’t always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office located in a sunny corner in the Flatiron district, named one of Crain’s 100Best Places to Work ( http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20160928/SMALLBIZ/160929892/crains-unveils-the-100-best-places-to-work-in-new-york-city-in-2016 ) in New York City for two years in a row!
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages
Kaplan Test Prep ( www.kaptest.com/careers ) is a premier provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. Established in 1938, Kaplan is the world leader in the test prep industry. With a comprehensive menu of online offerings as well as a complete array of print books and digital products, Kaplan offers preparation for more than 100 standardized tests, including entrance exams for secondary school, college and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians and nurses. Kaplan also provides private tutoring and graduate admissions consulting services. Kaplan Test Prep also operates Metis , a leading provider of data science skills training for individuals and businesses.
Job Impact and Scope Summary
Bringing to the table a mindset of continuous improvement, the Operations Analyst will utilize data to ensure Kaplan Publishing is making effective decisions throughout the supply chain. This includes providing relevant information for forecasting, product specs, and shipping decisions, as well as seeking out new opportunities that can improve efficiencies, and drive down product costs.
- Develop title level print forecasts for domestic and international, course, retail, and marketing materials
- Track accuracy of forecasts, and incorporate findings into future print decisions
- Incorporate market and seasonal trend information into forecast analysis
- Provide tools and information to help internal stakeholders make informed decisions about product specs
- Suggest supply chain improvements, based on data, that will improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Develop and present analysis comparing profitability of POD and offset printings
- Develop and present analysis to support print location and distribution decisions
- Provide cost and efficiency analysis on procurement and supply chain initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in an analytical role, ideally with experience with procurement or supply chain
- Strong analytical background with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Must be authorized for employment in the US