Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Plans and delivers nutritional care to patients according to the physician’s diagnoses. Performs as a member of the multidisciplinary care team. Screens newly admitted patients to identify those at nutritional risk. Prescribes therapeutic diet orders as allowed by medical staff bylaws and State law. Supervises Nutritional services technicians and other support staff.
- Approves menus and nutritional supplements provided to patients.
- Assesses patient’s’ nutritional status according to established standards
- Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status.
- Develops nutritional care plans for patients of any age including child, adolescent, geriatric and adult.
- Prescribes therapeutic diet orders as allowed by medical staff bylaws and State law.
- Develops nutritional care plans based upon the cultural orientation of the patient.
- Evaluates the results of nutritional intervention on the patient’s nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional care plan
- Improves patient’s nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions.
- Assists in developing and implementing patient nutritional are programs and ensures consistency of programs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family. Provides nutritional teaching and counseling to patient/family in making desired changes in eating habits.
- Provides food-drug interrelationship information to physician
- Assists in orienting and in servicing new employees to department.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) or the American Dietetic Association (ADA). Current license as a Registered Dietician within state of employment. Preferred: Masters degree in nutrition or equivalent study.
- Required: Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Registered Dietician in a healthcare or educational setting. Preferred: A minimum of one (1) year experience in a behavioral healthcare setting.
- Highly proficient in local and state Health Department sanitations/food safety codes and requirements.
Job Summary: Responsible for the determination of WIC eligibility and nutrition risk level according to federal and state policies and company guidelines. Performs assessment and provides education to participants, providing tailored food packages within federal and state guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ø Responsible for certifying/recertifying participants to the WIC Program according to state agency guidelines. Uses guided goal-setting VENA skills.
Ø Prepares nutrition care plans for participants, including high-risk and documents according to risk code. Responsible for high-risk contacts and formula changes of participants.
Ø Prescribes and tailors food packages for participants. Orders special formula for participants under the supervision of team lead when mandated by provider.
Ø Deliveries and document nutrition and breastfeeding education.
Ø Makes referrals to other social service and other community services both in and outside of HHC services.
Ø Participants in meetings, in-services and conferences as assigned by management.
Ø Assures compliance with requirements for documenting medical/nutritional risk status and all nutrition education services provided in participant files.
Ø Promotes and supports breastfeeding. Tracks breast pumps according to state defined procedures. Ensures breast pumps are issued in an appropriate manner and documents, assuring breast pumps are cleaned according to department standards.
Ø Monitors high risk participants in accordance with the high risk plan.
Ø Performs anthropometric measurements and hematological testing following OSHA regulations and state policy.
Ø Responsible to ensure that chart organization and documentation are done according to departmental procedures.
Ø Provides nutrition education to WIC staff and the community, as well as WIC participants.
Ø Maintains accurate and legible records of certification and education contacts with participants.
Ø Complies with nutrition education, breastfeeding and outreach objectives, assist coordinators in development and implementation of plan.
Ø Assist other staff with duties when understaffed to ensure optimal flow and service of the clinic, performing certifications, formula changes etc as directed by management, regardless of appointment schedule to meet the needs of WIC participants.
Ø Attends WIC Satellite clinics as assigned
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure smooth clinic flow and delivery of benefits to participants.
- Drives satellite clinic van when needed.
- Reports problems experience at the satellite clinic to the Director/Team Lead or state agency as needed.
- Assures security of WIC Vouchers and equipment at the site.
Ø Attends meetings, in-services, trainings and conferences as assigned by the WIC Director.
Ø Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
This individual will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have the ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy, as well as be comfortable working with a diverse racial, ethnic and socio-economic population. Knowledge of educational and nutrition counseling methods, nutrition assessment, anthropometric and hematological measurements, breastfeeding promotion and support methods, social and human service systems for client referral are essential. Good documentation skills are also required for this position. Basic computer skills and in-depth knowledge of the QuickWIC Data System is required. Willingness to work a flexible schedule may be necessary at times. Must have the ability to drive and access to reliable transportation. Must have good organizational skills and be able to perform simple mathematical procedures, such as computing family income. Also must be a team player with strong organizational and communication skills, able to establish and maintain harmonious, productive working relationships with Center’s management and general public.
This individual must possess a B.S. from an accredited four-year institution, with emphasis on one of the following: Food and Nutrition, Community Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition Education, Human Nutrition, Nutrition Science or equivalent. Position requires the ability to handle moderate physical activity, including handling of average-weight objects up to 30 pounds or standing, sitting and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day. Previous experience/background in a WIC or community nutrition setting and customer service preferred. Bi-Lingual Spanish preferred.
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking for a Nutritionist to work with a team of faculty, genetic counselors, and administrative staff in the Division of Pediatrics Clinical to provide excellent care to our patients.
- Evaluating the dietary needs of a patient by assessing their health and exercise levels, sleep and food habits
- Clarifying information to patients and families and explaining the effects of nutrients on overall health condition
- Offering counseling and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address the patients’ dietary restrictions
- Create full and personalized nutrition plans that promote healthy lifestyles
- Set clear objectives and provide support to patient and family members to help them in their progress
- Conduct scientific research to expand field related knowledge such as the impacts of nutrients, the benefits of diets to body’s functions etc.
- Write and publish articles to educate the public
- Guide members of the pediatric Genetic division and other members of the Department of Pediatrics in matters of nutritional care.
- Carry out critical administrative duties for the pediatric program, including:
- Coordinate patient visits and respond to phone calls
- Any other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent in education and experience, plus 4 years of related experience.
- Certified Nutritionist or Registered dietitian
- Proven experience as nutritionist
- Thorough understanding of biochemistry and human physiology
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutritional science, dietetics or relevant field