Here are a few sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Director – Member Relations (Southern Region)
The Director, Member Relations develops and drives the strategic and tactical plans through the assigned Regional Management team which will support, advise, and nurture the partnership with Blue Diamond Growers and its grower-owners. Directs team to provide industry leading grower services, crop forecasting, grower communication, harvest coordination, and grower/enterprise education. Manages and develops direct-reporting Regional Managers, ensuring that they are consistently receiving the necessary training and tools to successfully drive partnerships with their assigned grower-owners. Focuses on key/strategic grower accounts as well as the performance of the region. The Director ensures that KPIs and enterprise strategic initiates are met or exceeded while also ensuring appropriate service levels are delivered.Job Description:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and drives the strategic direction for assigned region ensuring that the organization’s plans are executed, and goals are attained.
- Accountable for the region’s performance metrics; regularly meets with team to coach team members and influence organizational performance.
- Monitors Region’s CRM activity and analytics to leverage team performance.
- Manages service levels and drives organizational productivity targets.
- Facilitates two-way communication with BDG and the grower-owners.
- Oversees regional Market Tours for BDG Leaders, team members, and customers/partners.
- Works closely with internal BDG organizations (Global Consumer, Global Ingredients, and Supply Chain) to support enterprise activities.
- Develops strategies to drive almond quality improvement within the crop.
- Mentors/coaches regional managers in key job functions and processes.
- Drives BDG community engagement by leading the participation in regional activities.
- Provides key inputs regarding market intelligence.
- Delivers strategic support for the Global Ingredients Division’s sales efforts.
- Directs team to provide industry leading grower services, crop forecasting, grower communication, harvest coordination, and grower/enterprise education.
- Focuses on key/strategic grower accounts as well as the performance of regions reporting into them.
- Manages and develops direct-reporting Regional Managers, ensuring that they are consistently receiving the necessary training and tools to successfully drive partnerships with their assigned grower-owners.
- Ensures that appropriate service levels are delivered.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Business, Ag Science, or related fields
- 10 years of grower relationship management reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
Total minimum number of years of experience required in lieu of degree
- 15 years of grower relationship management reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Expert almond industry knowledge and farming techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of almond cultural practices marketing trends, tendencies and procedures.
- General knowledge of almond hulling/shelling processing procedures and efficiencies.
- Knowledge of company policies relating to Grower-Owner, member services, payment programs and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of competitors and an understanding of competitors’ Grower payment programs and services.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience managing agriculture grower relations organization.
- Established relationships with BDG Grower Members.
- Pest Control Adviser license.
- Exceptional communicator and influencer in both 1:1 as well as group settings
- Knowledge of CRM Systems and activity analysis.
- Experience managing complex computer applications including relational databases and Geographic Information Systems
- Established Sales Management Experience
Executive Vice President, Member Relations and Awards
The Executive Vice President, Member Relations and Awards is responsible for developing and executing a strategy for connecting and engaging our global Academy membership base. You will bring new and innovative approaches to both membership and awards administration, including leading a relational, data-driven, process-oriented team that contributes to the strategic goals of the Academy. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of the Academy, you will oversee awards, including submissions, nominations, voting, and balloting and member engagement initiatives for our 9,000 worldwide members.
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team. Build positive and strong relationships with peers across departments.
- Drive collaboration across the organization and throughout the industry.
- Support other departments in engaging members in events that connect the world to filmmaking.
- Develop leaders and inspire growth, succession planning.
- Engage stakeholders and champion interdepartmental teams.
- Oversee the administration of the membership program for 9000+ members in 68 countries.
- Create and measure analytics to drive membership engagement.
- Lead and support innovative and automated processes and procedures.
- Partner with the Academy?s 17 membership branches during the annual new member selection process, and review of Awards rules and membership criteria.
- Work with the Office of Representation, Inclusion, and Equity and the Branch Executive Committees to contribute to member representation and inclusion efforts by ensuring that nominating committees are aware of global diverse filmmakers that meet branch membership criteria.
- In partnership with interdepartmental teams, organize the ticketing, seating, and arrivals process for the Governors Awards, Nominees Luncheon, Academy Awards, and Governors Ball.
- Oversee all special awards voting categories by developing a deep understanding of the award rules and processes, and guiding awards staff.
- Lead and manage the Member Relations and Awards department, including 6 direct reports. Hold weekly department meetings.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility in job performance.
- Develop and track the Academy Awards calendar.
- Oversee the Sci-Tech Awards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or higher degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in a leadership role involved in hiring, managing a team, driving accountability and performance in management-level staff and above.
- Passion and acumen in the film, entertainment, and arts industry. Existing networks within the industry is a plus.
- Strong track record of leading change, motivating staff, and activating a team.
- Ability to think strategically and take a whole company view, acting decisively and supporting others to be their best.
- Ability to influence others by first seeking to understand the other person’s point of view and remaining calm in challenging situations.
- Experience as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, self-regulate, work across departments, build relationships, and demonstrate self-awareness and emotional maturity and empathy is critical.
- Understanding and experience with data analytics and their application in guiding business practices.
- Solid knowledge and appreciation of the value of CRM-based processes.
- Demonstrated skills in fiscal management and budget development.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills are required.
Manager Member Relations
- Partner with Membership Director on awareness/execution of Gifts of Membership, weekly Welcome calls/letters, monthly sessions, quarterly mixers, and other initiatives designed to acclimate and connect new Members
- Manage all steps of the onboarding process at staff meetings and ensure proper execution by applicable department heads
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of ongoing programming opportunities
- Manage the Club’s Member Services’ Employee Partners
- Prefer experience in one or more of the following: marketing, hospitality, sales, relationship management, food & beverage operations, customer service, membership associations and/or fundraising
- Experience in leading a team or project to a successful outcome is preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Educational concentration in business, communications, journalism, public relations, hospitality management or recreation
Associate Director, Member Relations
National Association of Manufacturers
Job Title: Associate Director, Member Relations
Division: Membership and Strategic Development
Department: National Department
Reports to: Senior Director, National Department
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Level: Professional
Updated: September 2020
This position is a key member of the National Department highly successful and committed sales and retention team. This position primary responsibilities are to engage with senior executives at manufacturing companies to ensure membership satisfaction and renewals. The position works with accounts to assess and address areas of interest throughout the year providing solutions and opportunities for member accounts. This position conducts consistent and meaningful phone and web-based interactions with association members, and is responsible for meeting goals for renewal rates, dues base growth and service metrics. The position also contributes to departmental goals. This position also provides guidance and mentoring to new and more junior professionals in the department.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Thorough heavy outbound telephone and electronic communication efforts, the Associate Director, Member Relations’ primary goal is to create and deliver value for member organizations.
- Build relationships with members/prospects through understanding specific member needs and applying knowledge of association services.
- Utilize a consultative approach to conduct high quality member interactions.
- Continue to educate and communicate with members/prospects on the benefits of association membership through compelling articulation of the membership model and value proposition.
- Create semi-custom service plans for members based on their individual needs and priorities.
- Collaborate with the retention team, policy team and other association staff to ensure targeted and substantive delivery of membership services.
- Work with member company executives to maintain engagement and activity levels to drive membership renewals.
- Maintain a current view into membership pool and renewal pipeline, including scheduled interactions and recommendations for service steps.
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle, including special offers, engagements, meetings/teleconferences or discounts.
- Document progress, opportunities and contacts by capturing the information from the association’s database.
- Participate in retention training to improve retention expertise.
- Work collaboratively with sales acquisition and retention team members focusing on mid-market accounts to meet annual goals set for retention and revenue growth.
- Assist in guiding and leading by example other newer or junior members of the team on process and territory management
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and is not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or relevant field;
- 5- 7 years of demonstrated successful experience in a membership role or account management;
- Background or strong interest in politics and business policy issues is highly desirable;
- Must be able to meet personal and team weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Excellent relationship-building skills and transactional sales experience;
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office programs, database and internet research;
- Ability to work as an effective team member or team leader;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet high volume work periods;
- Ability to work effectively in a financial and deadline driven work environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The NAM is an equal opportunity employer.