Here are sample job advertisements for Medical Education Program roles…
Program Manager, Medical Education
Job Description: The Program Manager is responsible for assisting in the development, maintenance, management and execution of Stryker educational programs and resources. Oversee and manage the day to day educational grants process. Create, develop, plan, document, and do metrics for subsequent enhancements to the grants process.
Individual and Team Development
- Address conflict and difficult conversations head-on in a timely, professional manner
- Self-directed creation of a development plan and utilize on-going formal and informal training opportunities to further develop skills and talents, maintain product and procedural knowledge and expand business acumen
- Successfully complete Stryker Spine’s formal product training programs
Development and Execution Medical Education Programs
- Partner with Manager, Medical Education to develop and foster a network of strong relationships with key opinion leaders
- Assist Manager, Medical Education, and sales force with management of Stryker Product Training events through ordering of equipment, catering and lab materials, travel management, course collateral development and distribution, onsite execution and post-course communication and evaluations
- Manage current educational resources and develop new tools/platforms for product training events and workshops to enhance quality of education and training
- Manage course collateral for all events within regions and disease state with regards to layout, content, design, communication, and launch of material to targeted audience
- Collaborate with cross-divisional partners through course management to uncover inefficiencies and develop solutions to improve synergies between divisions
- Create program budgets and maintain expenses and final budget analysis
- Work with Manager, Medical Education to support incoming requests according to established departmental process for Medical Education programs and resources
- Proficiency and adherence to AdvaMed guidelines and Stryker’s policies and procedures
Customer Engagement and Communication Activities
- Collaborate with Medical Education, Marketing, Professional Affairs and Sales to administer local, regional and national product training programs. This includes budget, attendee management, material and promotional development as well as onsite management of events
- Liaison with legal, compliance and transparency to ensure all educational activities meet or exceed regulatory requirements
- Anticipate, identify, creatively resolve and adapt changes in team when facing challenges associated with meeting departmental goals
- Manage educational grants and associated budget
- Oversee day to day administrative management of educational grants
- Build and maintain working relationships within all business units and Grant Committee Members to facilitate continual improvement to the educational grant process
- Monitor and manage the flow of grants to ensure approvals are delivered on time, on target, and to the expected level of detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years related experience in marketing, meeting planning, education or sales preferred
- Medical device or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships with department and divisional counterparts as well as key thought leaders in the industry
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and remove obstacles to achieve deliverables
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, organizational and planning skills
- Team based work experience preferred
- Basic meeting planning experience required
Work From Home: YesTravel Percentage: Up to 25%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Trio, a promotional medical education division of FCB Health, is seeking a talented and energetic Program Manager to join the team and work on dynamic and prominent live programs for pharmaceutical clients.
To be based in the Parsippany, NJ, office, the Program Manager will be responsible for planning and executing logistics for professional education events. The Program Manager is a customer-facing position that requires excellent customer service skills. The candidate will work directly with our client’s field force to manage all logistical aspects of peer-to-peer speaking engagements. This individual also works directly with speakers (trained physicians and nurses) to schedule and coordinate speaking events.
The Program Manager has direct responsibility for managing all assigned programs and collaborating with other team members to ensure seamless coverage. He or she must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Communicate with field representatives to schedule, confirm, and manage all aspects of individual speaking events in accordance with standard procedures
- Communicate with speakers to schedule and confirm speaking events, arrange travel and accommodations
- Research and contract venue for each speaking event, including menu selection, confirmation of meeting room suitability, and negotiating costs
- Arrange for audio-visual equipment based on program requirements
- Contract with and process payments for all vendors
- Process speaker honoraria/fee-for-service and expense payments
- Manage overall budget for each event, including all travel and meeting-related costs
- Database all program information and provide regular reports to the client on program status, program evaluations, financial status, and HCP-spend tracking
- Work closely with other team members to ensure successful program execution
- Position may require travel to some events, with responsibility for on-site logistical management
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication or business-related field preferred (Associate’s Degree with significant work experience acceptable)
SKILLS & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS (licenses, programs, certifications, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of work product
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work
- Working knowledge in MS Office as well as ability to work in a custom database
Join Our Evolution!
Established in 2018, VMLY&R is a global full-service marketing agency that thrives on creating work that brings people together. We believe everything in the universe is fundamentally connected, and we are relentless in our pursuit of uncovering and creating the inspiring connections that draw us all closer together.
So, we resist the usual ways of seeing, thinking and doing. We question everything, using data and insights to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. From this, we create work that brings brands closer to customers, customers closer to communities, and communities closer to the wider world.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Program Director to join our growing team. The Senior Program Director is responsible for coordinating medical educational programs in a variety of media that may include video, print, symposia, exhibits, interactive media, etc. His or her primary objectives are to produce top-quality work on behalf of these accounts, implementing projects from conception through production and billing in an efficient and timely manner while ensuring budgetary control. In carrying out these responsibilities, the Senior Program Director will have ongoing contact with clients, including marketing and product management, market research, and medical affairs.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Implement medical education programs, serving as liaison between the client and the expert consultants, coordinating all outside vendors, and supervising creative development and production
- Develop budgets and schedules for client approval, and to ensure that cost estimates and timetables are adhered to in the management of the project. This entails securing estimates and reviewing contracts from freelance workers, hotels, suppliers, etc.
- Generate all necessary contact reports and correspondence documenting progress and facilitating smooth implementation of the program
- Develop client status reports and lead client meetings
- Identify and recruit consultants, researching the appropriate subject area, making contacts, describing programs, and securing participation
- Coordinate internal processes, working with editorial and art staff to secure copy and layout of top creative quality and in accordance with client’s needs
- Generate new business on existing accounts, developing new program ideas that fit the account’s strategic needs
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ years industry experience
- Innovative, Digital, Creative, and Strategic Thinking must be displayed and correlate to years in industry
- Experience with advisory boards, symposia, slide kits are a must
- Proven writing and presentation ability
- Knowledge of healthcare issues/clinical therapeutics
- Computer skills (Windows, Office, database)
- Project management skills
What We Offer You
- A storied history of building ideas that have stood the test of time
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package
- A fun, socially aware group of employees
- Access to a wide range of WPP Health & Wellness network resources
- Opportunity to grow within the organization and across the network
VMLY&R Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer