Here are sample job advertisements for Marketing Operations roles…
VP, Marketing Operations
- Must be hands-on with day to day efforts while having the ability to lead a marketing operations team and be highly collaborative and transparent with others for planning and scheduling marketing campaigns.
- Must have proficiency in both Marketo and Salesforce platforms for the purpose of generating, distributing, and reporting on leads.
- Experience establishing and maintaining scalable processes that guarantees best practices in lead generation, customer journey mapping, and campaign management.
- Can facilitate easy reporting on marketing program and campaign effectiveness, sales lead distribution, and monitors/maintains data quality, gap analysis, and data append processing.
- Experience providing the marketing team with ongoing analysis in relation to marketing operations investments, keeping an eye out in the market for new practices and technologies that will improve and optimize the marketing department’s performance,.
- Has defined key marketing metrics and managed the process of packaging these measurements into reports and dashboards in order to determine overall performance of the marketing team and marketing programs. At this capacity has served to create regular reports on marketing and sales initiatives, business impact, and effectiveness.
- Has analyzed marketing and sales data to develop insights and present recommendations for improvement and optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of professional experience in marketing and 5+ in marketing operations or similar roles.
- Strong work ethic and highly collaborative with management and cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable managing many diverse cross-channel projects across a broad set of stakeholders.
- Highly strategic and proactive mindset with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both in verbal and in written form.
- Has developed operational strategies that can become marketing tactics that drive awareness and demand generation while also showing proficiency with data collection and analysis across a variety of channels.
- A self-starter with a results-oriented approach who can build and enhance internal capabilities.
- Strong Microsoft Office and presentation skills.
- Results-driven individual with exceptional analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting, and ROI.
- Strong experience with CRM and Marketing Automation tools and specifically Salesforce and Marketo.
- Managing the end to end offer execution process for Amex Offers, ensuring the successful set-up and distribution of offers through digital marketing channels (e.g., Mobile App, Web Dashboard).
- Providing strategic consultation and support to Marketing partners who want to launch campaigns on the platform.
- Conducting reviews and validations to ensure flawless delivery of campaigns.
- Maintaining an extensive and detailed tracker of merchant offers, updating and distributing it bi-weekly to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Working closely with Technologies to set-up and track offers, and ensure they launch successfully.
- Thinking strategically to identify opportunities to further improve and drive efficiencies in the onboarding process.
- Driving innovation and continuing to meet the evolving needs of our Customers: Partners, Card Members, and Merchants.
- Marketing execution and process management experience
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple workstreams and drive results, with strong attention to detail to drive flawless execution.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to effectively collaborate across multiple teams
- Strong analytical and excel skills
- Solutions oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort with and ability to understand, at a high level, capabilities and technical systems
- Understanding of and passion for the digital space – Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
As Marketing Operations Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining infrastructure and data integrity of our marketing technology stack and setup of the reporting of marketing program performance. You will be critical to maintaining the framework on which all of our marketing activities, reporting, and data live.
- Develops and updates analytic reports on marketing team’s program, lead generation, and revenue performance
- Builds and maintains lead scoring model and maintains up-to-date lead assignment and routing rules
- Builds campaign goals and audience behavior models based on analysis
- Maintains the accuracy/integrity of data and promotes database health through validation, testing, and routine audits
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in engagement, and communicates those findings along with suggestions for improvements or changes to the rest of the marketing team and beyond
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years’ minimum experience working in an analytical, data-driven position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Proficient in Marketo and Salesforce infrastructure and reporting capabilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Fast learner, organized & reliable
- Analytical, data-driven & curious
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels
- Good team player w/ great communication skills
- Plan, oversee, and execute marketing campaigns using marketing automation
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to create strategic segmentation for various marketing campaigns
- Attribute leads to appropriate marketing programs
- Track lead generation, customer acquisition sources and campaign effectiveness
- Integrate data from disparate systems in order to report effectively on marketing results and drive business decisions
- Create, optimize, and maintain processes and best practices for lead nurturing and lead scoring
- You have 2+ years of experience with marketing automation tools like Marketo, Eloqua, or Pardot
- You have experience with Salesforce
- You have strong analytical abilities and a comfort with Excel
- You are detail oriented
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a dynamic environment
- You have experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- You have a strong interest in technology
- You have experience with BI tools
- You have experience with Marketo