Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles:
A Logistics Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Analysts are responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management s goals and standards. Completes all tasks in expected timeframes. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects and/or Logistics business functions, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25% Create and analyze reports to support business execution.
25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology and identifies Logistics process improvement.
15% Supports vendor/business partner relationships.
15% Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models
10% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
10% Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
NATURE AND SCOPE
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style
Tesla is looking for a Logistics Analyst to work on the most advanced vehicle distribution model in the world. Candidates for this job have a strong eye for detail, can provide quick and strategic solutions, ability execute large scale plans, adapt to sudden changes, manage difficult and complex challenges, and work collaboratively with excellent oral and written communication skills. We are looking for self-motivated team players interested in creating an excellent customer experience through delivering Tesla product from the factory to the future owner. Candidates must have a positive attitude and extreme determination in order for us to build an advanced vehicle distribution network capable of scaling to support the fastest growing automotive company in history. We seek individuals who value customer satisfaction and are available to work outside of the typical 9-5, Monday-Friday working hours. This job will require some nights and weekends and admittedly many responsibilities not listed below.
- Ensure premier service throughout the shipment process including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution.
- Drive excellent performance with 3rd party logistics partners and internal teams.
- Conduct regular meetings with 3rd party logistics partners and internal teams.
- Develop and coordinate processes and systems to efficiently move goods to and from intermediary hubs and final destinations.
- Train teams on best practices and implement and operate a unified distribution handbook.
- Mitigate “one-offs” but know how and when to partner and execute unique requests.
- Timely preparation of all required documentation to meet required delivery dates.
- Issue statistical or detailed reporting for Stakeholders as requested.
- Maintain and update CMP, rate sheets, routing plans, etc.
- Coach utilization of Tesla Logistics Mobile Application to Drivers and Internal teams.
- Booking & coordination of most cost effective and efficient means to transport goods within expected requirements to meet or exceed expectations.
- Process and correct miscellaneous accounting issues.
- Close shipments and filing.
- Data entry and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or the equivalent of experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years of experience in Logistics.
- Experience with railroad and trucking of automotive freight preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel, MySQL, Tableau, and other database systems.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards and Incoterms.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation ($54,000-$67,500) is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to work experience, skills, certifications, etc.
Along with competitive pay, this position is eligible for benefits including:
- As a fulltime Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid HSA Contribution
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Voluntary plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, and accident insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plansl
Logistics Analyst Associate
Prior ERP experience preferred.
Assists with the completion of logistics tasks.
Assists with the tasks that support supplier audits, assessments and evaluations to ensure conformance to clients quality, cost and delivery performance standards.
Assists with the tasks that support demand forecasting, distribution planning, supply chain modeling and design.
Assists with resolving supplier quality issues and provides appropriate support for desired supplier capability.
Assists with the task that support process improvements, inventory reductions, and cost savings.
Assists with the writing or editing of logistics policies and procedures.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 0+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.