Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
- Serve as a liaison between licensing partners and the corporate office
- Compile data for global expansion of Sean John brand
- Work with international partners to launch brand in various countries
- Research new categories of business and potential licensing partners – review findings with President
- Work with each licensing partner to ensure annual sales growth
- Monitor adherence to contractual obligations for each licensee
- Compile and review retail selling reports for opportunities and trends. Review findings and corrective plans with President.
- Obtain and manage monthly and quarterly reports from all partners for internal review
- Monitor product approval calendar and process
- Partner with marketing/agency counterpart to ensure successful execution of marketing initiatives
- Act as day to day contact for all assigned categories of business
- Support President in key category management and new business launches
- Coordinate with licensees to ensure approval of and adherence to brand standards on following and maintain libraries for marketing collateral/co-op, in-store visual, trade advertising, fixtures, premiums/GWPs, showrooms, door charts, packaging, line sheets, and archival sample lines
- Compile information for brand kits/presentations as needed
- Prepare various departmental reports
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience require
- Minimum four years of licensing experience
- Experience with planning/budgetary royalties and payments
- Ability to multitask in a high pace, deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Advance skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
The strategy of the licensing department is to leverage Condé Nast’s logos and content to generate revenue and enhance brand influence for some of the most iconic brands in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, Golf Digest, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Wired, Bon Appétit, and more.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, results-driven and highly detail oriented professional with experience in a relevant field such as business, communications, sales or brand management and planning, media, and/or licensing.
- Support departmental objectives to monetize logo, award seals and content.
- Communicate and collaborate with all internal stakeholders at Condé Nast including editorial, marketing, sales, branded content, finance, legal, and billing.
- Present licensing capabilities and business opportunities with ease
- Manage award marketing by collecting relevant, updated and impactful data from brands
- Seek clearance from Rights & Permissions for content usage
- Create and modify licensing agreements
- Create and track licensing invoices
- Maintain the monthly ledger and reconcile reports
- Publish sales reports and financial forecasts to executives
- Define core business needs and improve workflow or tools to maximize revenue potential
- Manage Licensing Business
- Identify and target new revenue opportunities
- Consult with potential licensees and their agencies
- Approve client mock ups
- Maintain rate cards and pricing
- Process requests efficiently and with high quality levels
- Prepare presentations and other projects
- Handle other tasks as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in InDesign, Keynote, Google, and all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Sound business judgement and strategy
- Superior organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly effective in relationship building and follow-through
- Independent and resourceful project management
- History of strong performance in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or working knowledge of the beauty industry
ZX Ventures is a global growth and innovation group within AB InBev, the world’s leading global brewer and one of the world’s top five consumer products companies. Launched in 2015, our mandate is to develop new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs. We operate multiple global business units of varying adjacency to our core beer business: international craft & specialties beer, eCommerce, homebrewing, brand experience, and exploration.
We are here to invest ahead of the curve: seeding, launching, and scaling new products that deliver exceptional consumer experiences and bring people together. Our products are diverse and interesting, spanning items such as: unique beverages that shape emerging categories, physical bar experiences that offer new ways to consume our beers, at home devices that empower consumers to customize their own beverages, services that step-change
We are currently searching for top talent to work in New York. Our goal is to find entrepreneurial people who share our passion for growth and have demonstrated their ambition through interesting and demanding professional roles and education. Our strength lies in the diversity of our team members’ previous experiences. For all of our roles, we are open to candidates from a number of backgrounds, including experience with top startups, management consulting, operations, and other related functions or industries.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Defining the role of licensing for each brand, as well as its short term and long term growth potential in partnership with individual brand teams and the Global Licensing Manager.
- Maintaining the standards of excellence and execution for licensing within the territory including best practices for agency and partner selection, asset management, product approval and quality assurance.
- Developing the end-to-end licensing process for all local and global brands within the country including strategy, planning, go-to-market materials, style guides and product development.
- Monitoring and tracking the execution of all licensed products within the territory.
- Managing the P&L including 1 year and 3 year projections, revenue reporting and royalty collection.
- Coordinating best practices with other territories licensing manager
- Innovating new roles for licensing within the organization.
- Coordinating with the various brand teams on their licensing needs. Coordinating with global licensing manager on zone vision and performance. Manage approvals for new products. Manage and report the territory P&L to senior management.
- Increasing the Brand Worth through Merchandise: Partner with agencies and licensees to design, develop, sell and promote new goods and services in line with our brand goals and objectives.
- Define the short and long term potential of the program. Recommend investment allocation for the program through 1YP and 3YP development.
- Developing and implement a global licensing product tracking methodology. Track all licensing and merchandise projects defining steps and responsibilities.
Sound interesting to you? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- True self-starters. ZX Ventures is proud of the speed at which our business moves and we are looking for those who are willing to be a part of the our fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the trends in licensing, consumer goods, beer culture, apparel & technology to capitalize on new & emerging opportunities within the market.
- someone who is intellectually curious about brand licensing
- someone to understand, optimize, and manage the route to market for all licensed goods and services across a variety of possible solutions. Track all products and associated revenue.
- Experience in increasing brand worth through merchandise
- A university degree, and candidates who have shown development through work experience
- Specialist knowledge of developing and implementing a global licensing product tracking methodology
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience working in brand licensing management
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills. We expect our team members to learn quickly and handle a number of challenges, wherever they are needed within the company.
- Advanced project and people management skills that are needed to deliver great results in our work environment, as well as execution drive.
- Interest in our industry and its evolution. This includes someone who is interested in solving new customer problems, the development of processes, and discovering new markets opportunities.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Apparel team, within the Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products group, is seeking a temp to assist with following responsibilities:
Summary of Responsibilities:
- As directed, assist with maintaining day to day business objectives. Prepare & share weekly/ monthly business updates as required
- Assist with all data entry projects
- Manage and sort thru all inventory lists & product
- Liaison between licensees and creative teams in providing all necessary materials
- Work with Apparel/ Accessories managers in sending out monthly inventory lists
- Gather all required data from licensees to track sales accordingly
- Identify best-selling items to share with team
- Help create and facilitate marketing materials to licensees
- Assist in the preparation and the development of licensee/partner presentations for summits and/or trade shows
- Analyze white space in the market- new products/categories to expand beyond the current business
- Monitor competitive properties and keep up to date with industry news
- As directed, assist in keeping accurate records of potential licensees and follow through on all new business
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Strong presentation, written & oral communication skills
Strong time management skills and organization
Note: this is a different type role but licensing is a key resposibility and I’ve included it because I think it might be interesting to come clienets
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
The WW Consumer Products team is focused on delivering the Weight Watchers experience to weight and health conscious consumers, as well as WW Members.
The Licensing Associate role will be focused on consumer products sold in the retail channel. We manage a portfolio of consumer products goods across the Grocery, Frozen and Non-Consumables areas of the store in multiple retail channels – such as mass merchants and grocery retailers. Our retail consumer products are primarily Weight Watchers branded or co-created with another brand.
We are seeking an energetic, creative and detail oriented Licensing Associate to join our team. This role will support our portfolio, working closely with internal and external partners to execute our multi-faceted marketing plans across channels, and assist in packaging and product development. Reporting to the Licensing Manager, this position will also support the P&L in budget tracking and ensuring licensees meet contractual requirements.
- Day to day contact with key licensing business contacts including sales and brand/marketing teams
- Assist in executing the marketing plan for the Licensed & Endorsed portfolio of products aligned with the strategic direction
- Develop marketing collateral working with Licensees, Agency partners and internal WW teams to execute timely delivery of artwork including Email, Social, Shopper Marketing, Recipe Development and other vehicles
- Develop and deliver staff communications to our national field organization
- Review partner materials to ensure Weight Watchers brand is correctly represented by outside partners and clearly communicates the benefits of our products as a tool to Weight Watchers members. This includes reviewing comments with WW Legal & Science/Nutrition teams
- Coordination of monthly licensing partner calls, and delivery of annual contract compliance requirements
- Contribute to analytics efforts of marketing vehicles including coupon redemption tracking, collection of sales and partner agency reporting, etc.
- Gather quarterly sales forecasts from licensees and assist in analyzing them to help effectively manage the P&L
- Maintain the department budget tracker with invoice management and set up PO’s for all projects.
- Assist in business development by coordinating calls with identified vendors and setting up samplings/tastings
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field required.
- Must have 2-3 years of work experience
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans for non-consumable and consumable products preferred
- Requires strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task regularly and problem-solve
- Self-motivated; Ability to independently manage projects from brief to execution and reporting
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency in written communications and ability to adapt language for different audiences
- Eager to learn and develop with an interest in licensing and consumer packaged goods
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children’s entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
The Coordinator of Global Franchise Dev & Outbound Licensing will coordinate and assist in multiple facets of the business from managing the royalty management and product development software program (MediaBox) to overseeing the installation of our booth at Licensing Expo to the creation of sales and marketing materials. The position provides the right candidate with an opportunity to learn all aspects of the licensing business.
- Manage MediaBox software program for both royalty management and product approvals.
- Manage all global outbound licensing contracts through signature.
- Input and process all incoming global licensing deal proposals.
- Interact with Legal from deal proposal to final contract stage.
- Maintain contract status report.
- Work with Finance on retrieving and managing forecasting and royalty reports from licensees.
- Support international licensing agents in providing data and materials needed for sales purposes in their respective territories.
- Maintain Int’l Agent List
- Coordinate with Spin Master local offices.
- Assist in creation and development of sales/marketing materials and licensee lists.
- Coordinate installation of key licensing tradeshows including Licensing Expo and Brand Licensing Europe.
What we can expect from you:
- Strong knowledge of Mac and PCs software including MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Key Note.
- Design software such Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator a major plus.
- Knowledge of MediaBox software program or an equivalent product approval software a major plus.
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Someone who possesses excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands.
- An individual with strong inter-personal and communication skills with internal associates and external partners both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 3+ years in Licensing, Toys, Entertainment or equivalent field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What you can expect from us:
- Open Mindset
- Driving Results