Here are sample job advertisements for Technology Auditing roles….
Senior Information Technology Audit Manager
Barclay Simpson are working with an exciting global financial services organization who, after a period of strong performance, are seeking to build out their Tech Audit function. Due to this growth, the Tech Audit Manager will have the opportunity to immediately manage and lead a team, whilst in time growing this division further.
Working closely with senior management, the successful candidate will provide risk-based audit coverage and give independent feedback on the full tech audit process. Tasked with the development of junior team members, process improvement and audit execution, there is a high level of determination and flexibility needed to succeed.
Successful candidates will possess:
- 5+ years’ tech audit experience gained in a complex financial services environment such as an investment bank, and / or relevant arm of a public accounting firm
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or relevant
- Strong track record of leading teams and projects in addition to mentoring more junior members of staff
- Excellent understanding of application & infrastructure audits
- Relevant qualifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM
- Perform risk assessments and execute assurance work
- Manage pre-implementation reviews for various system implementations
- Coordinate with the Financial Controls Department on the execution of the enterprise SOX program
While this Senior Manager will primarily be responsible for conducting audits of Brighthouse’s information technology environment, they must also be willing to expand their auditing skills by learning areas outside of IT such as Finance, Operations, and Risk Management. They should have an interest in developing their business knowledge as well as using data and analytics to focus on risk.
- Live Brighthouse culture and employ inspiring leadership qualities that result in motivated teams
- Collaborate on developing this new audit department, including the mission, risk and audit methodology, audit process, audit reports, quality assurance, auditing and risk technology, Audit Committee and senior management reporting.
- Perform risk assessments, defining audit plans in a collaborative team environment putting the team’s best interest over individual interest.
- Work closely with Audit Leaders to develop the scope and audit approach to ensure we focus on the right risks and hold the business accountable to mitigate risk in alignment with the Brighthouse risk appetite.
- Drive consistency and quality in audit execution and reporting through thorough reviews, personal feedback, debrief sessions and holding team members accountable.
- Build relationships with business leaders, define value to them, and aim to deliver that value.
- Provide subject matter expertise in technology risk identification and mitigation, including process design and controls
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of Internal Audit experience, specializing in technology risk and controls; Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls, operating system and database platforms, IT governance processes, IT Risk Management’s assessment processes, Third Party Risk, IT application control concepts, and integrated auditing.
- Experience in performing pre-implementation reviews
- Strong familiarity with appropriate business processes and transactions
- Excellent relationship management and consultative work style
- Very Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening and interviewing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Certified as, or working towards, a CIA, CPA, CISA or FLMI designation
Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
Perform internal audit assurance activities (internal audits over financial, operational, compliance, IT, SOX and QARs), consult with engagement leadership and clients on strategic plans and other business matters, and help to anticipate emerging risks for our clients
Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
Apply a general knowledge of the technologies used to build complex IT environments
Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and implement products and services based on client needs
Support client engagements by helping plan the audit approach and scope, preparing the audit program, determining auditing procedures, seeing the audit process through completion, and applying internal audit standards in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors
Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients, by providing high quality deliverables and communications
Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flows, and other supporting work papers.
Play a substantive role with project management by supporting engagement planning, economics, billing and staffing; providing regular status reports for the client, while supervising junior staff
Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and adhere to the code of ethics while on engagements
- Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, with industry focus a plus
- Up to 50% travel expected
Ability to state complex issues simply
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience with working ambiguity
- Certification as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP preferred
This client is an industry leading global media & entertainment organization with an immediate need for an Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager. This position will play a critical role in delivering a data analytics centered approach to the global internal audit program. The Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager will use data analytics to identify risk areas and deliver audit results to Senior Management. Low travel: approximately 20% to top international locations and some domestic locations. Certification required: CISA or CISSP. Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field is required. Certification such as CISSP or CISA is required. Other information technology certifications i.e. GIAC, CEH, CCNA and MCSE are a plus. 8+ years of IT audit experience. 4+ years of public accounting or IT consulting experience preferred. You should have managed the activities of a diverse group of senior IT auditors or significant IT projects. SAP experience essential. Foreign language proficiency a plus. Media or Entertainment industry experience is also a plus. Working knowledge of: IT governance and delivery frameworks such as COBIT, ISO, NIST and ITIL. Cloud environments including SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Architecture/Design, Automation, System Configurations, Security and Auditing. Networking, including Architecture/Design, TCP/IP protocol layers, […]
This client is an industry leading global media & entertainment organization with an immediate need for an Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager. This position will play a critical role in delivering a data analytics centered approach to the global internal audit program. The Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager will use data analytics to identify risk areas and deliver audit results to Senior Management. Low travel: approximately 20% to top international locations and some domestic locations. Certification required: CISA or CISSP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- Certification such as CISSP or CISA is required.
- Other information technology certifications i.e. GIAC, CEH, CCNA and MCSE are a plus.
- 8+ years of IT audit experience.
- 4+ years of public accounting or IT consulting experience preferred.
- You should have managed the activities of a diverse group of senior IT auditors or significant IT projects.
- SAP experience essential.
- Foreign language proficiency a plus.
- Media or Entertainment industry experience is also a plus.
Working knowledge of:
- IT governance and delivery frameworks such as COBIT, ISO, NIST and ITIL.
- Cloud environments including SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Architecture/Design, Automation, System Configurations, Security and Auditing.
- Networking, including Architecture/Design, TCP/IP protocol layers, Routing/Switching, Wireless networking, VLANs, Intrusion Detection/Prevention (IDS/IPS), Firewalls, DNS and VPN.
- Windows operating systems and Active Directory security, including Users & Groups, Group Policy, Domain Structures, Security and Auditing.
- UNIX / Linux operating system security, including Users & Groups, System Configurations, File Permissions, Privileged accounts, Password controls, Security and Auditing.
- Experience with system administration, network administration/security, database administration, information security and general IT auditing tools is highly preferred.