Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles:
Import Export Coordinator (Bi-lingual)
- Supports outside sales and Air-Ocean Export & Import team
- Maintains and updates customer database by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Prepares sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
- Supports Air-Ocean Export & Import agent’s Data entry into system.
- Follow up with customers up by pro-actively informing the status of their shipments, answering questions and referring clients to the supervisor when questions are more technical.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and trouble shoot in order to arrive at mutual agreements.
- Increase and develop import-export transportation, warehouse and logistics programs with all related parties and customers.
- Negotiates with foreign shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements.
- Send air and ocean quotations to foreign countries.
- Plans and direct flow of air, ocean, and surface traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, waybill, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign carries.
- Resolves customer problems and informs supervisor of the resolutions
- Update export -import regulations constantly and share all necessary information with all other employees.
- Comply with customer requirements and all state and federal safety and compliance regulations.
- Arrange and take care of freight attendance at ports for import- export and other special projects.
- Load, unload, label, prepare, manifest, and inventory various customer containers and/or freight.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks, lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Min. AA degree, college degree preferred
- Strong Customer Services skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Basic skills in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual in Japanese is required
Keyword: Import Export Coordinator (Bi-lingual)
From: Nissin International
The Seafreight Export Trade Analyst will be part of the Kuehne + Nagel Export trade team. He or she will be expected to perform the specific duties outlined below but to also be an active team member and participate in discussions and assessment of the US Export trades.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide pricing and rate information as requested to those making inquiries of the Export trade team. This is similar to a rate desk function.
- Work with regional pricing centers to ensure that the sales force and others have adequate access to price/rate information. This covers ensuring consistency of data and approach.
- Stay informed of market conditions and communicate these conditions and expectations of the future to the KN US organization so they are best prepared to deal and communicate with customers and make informed price decisions.
- Many things in the Export trades are done collaboratively and the employee is expected to take part in these discussions and contribute. Topics covered will include carrier strategy, pricing policy, individual carrier and customer deals and general topics
- Ensure contracts are administratively in order (signatures, etc) and that all terms, conditions and requirements are monitored and adhered to.
- Ensure contracts accurately reflect agreements between KN and carriers
- Distribute contracts to all users in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure lines of communication between KN and carriers are open and active at all times
- Work with KN carriers on a continuous basis to ensure that all contracts are up to date, clean and cover all cargo that they are assigned to cover.
- Consolidating information requests e.g. Executive Summaries
- ZEPOL/PIERS Reports
- BO Reporting
- KNet updates / maintenance (News-Updates)
- InFocus Seafreight Promotion
- Missing Shippers Report
- Assist in Contract Reviews (administratively)
- General Market Studies
- Support in spot quotes / communication with Local offices
- Supporting the seafreight team on Presentations
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree
- Solid PC knowledge and experience along with MS Office applications experience
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated to produce aggressive results
- Strong telephone interaction, networking skills and personal drive
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc – New York – Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
UCI INC. is a growing freight forwarder company. Currently seeking a motivated International Import/Export Coordinator to join the company. This position is responsible for identifying potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and when possible, identify other business opportunities with the client in the future. Responsibilities of the position include:
Performs a variety of duties as outlined in Operation Procedure in support of the import/export, air/ocean shipments.
. Operational duties to include coordination with shippers, truckers, steamship lines
. Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input – general customer service inquiries related to tracking & tracing.
. Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer
. Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
. Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Logistics: 3 years
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world’s fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we’ve been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Customs Compliance and is based in the Montvale NJ corporate Headquarters of Benjamin Moore & Co.
The Customs Compliance Administrator is responsible for working with colleagues on the Benjamin Moore Customs Compliance (BMCC) and Logistics teams to facilitate all aspects of customs and export/Import regulatory compliance, transportation and daily operations concerning products exported or imported by Benjamin Moore & Co.
This role has a particular focus upon the customer facing aspects of export management and the supplier interface for import management as well as the technical aspects of proper legal product classification and management of their legal tariff status under Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) and for other import and export reasons.
- Logistics – Offshore Exports – Own and fully manageall offshore international exports from the following Distribution Centers (DCs) including documentation (Export documents, Commercial Invoices, Shippers Letters of Instruction (SLIs), Multimodal Dangerous Goods Forms (IMDGs), EEI entries in AES).
- Pomona, CA
- Oakland, CA
Manage all aspects of customer support and complaint resolution regarding export shipments. Log and track root causes of issues for resolution and assist in resolution. Must be able to work with freight forwarders to resolve all issues to completion.
- Imports – Manage Titanium Dioxide Imports (Ti02) from China to Pell City AL and Johnstown, NY, including ISF filing, monitoring shipments and documents from port of export (Qingdao, China) to port of import (Port of Mobile, AL / Port Elizabeth, NJ). Support Procurement and manage all aspects of import tariff compliance and logistics from overseas suppliers. Manage BMCC daily interactions and invoice payments with Finance for import broker Expeditors.
- CRM Complaint Handling – Process customer complaint check requests through CRM working with VP Quality Control.
- NAFTA Management – Be prepared to fully support and back up as needed team members engaged in managing trade compliance under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and other Free Trade Agreements as necessary. This will include the maintenance, operation and timely accurate utilization of the Amber Road ‘Trade Automation’ system as well as interactions with NAFTA customs broker and annual or periodic solicitation campaigns of vendor Country of Origin or NAFTA source documents. Handle receipt of CBSA payments to BM with Finance.
- TCRs (Trade Compliance Reviews) – Product Customs Classification – Undertake the tariff classification of goods (Raw Materials, Finished Goods, Marketing Materials, and Sundries), especially those established for importation to BMC Canada under NAFTA or international exportation to overseas customers. Perform the requirements for export compliance qualification within the Product Vision system Process (Stage 4) for assignment of product HS code classification and updates to the SAP. Support team members in weekly rotating responsibilities for completing TCR requests from the business.
- Requests for Information (RFIs) – Support team with weekly rotating coverage of broker requests for customs information.
- SOPs – Update appropriate Standard Operating Procedures at least annually or as needed related to tasks owned.
- Metro Customs Brokers – Process invoices for shipments from Canada to the USA. Maintain accurate HS code information in Metro Customs Brokers ‘Smart Border’ database for accurate US HS Code Information needed to support
- Import Manual – Periodic (2-3 years) review and update the Import Manual.
- Weekly Reports in SAP – Run weekly reports in SAP to determine if any HS Code information is missing
- H. S. Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customs and trade compliance preferred
- Minimum of 1 year customer contact center or customs compliance experience preferred
- Demonstrated facility with concurrent phone and keyboarding tasks
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem solve, organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Professional appearance and outlook
- Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams as well as immediate Compliance Team members. Must be able to work in a team environment
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer) required
- Previous SAP experience preferred
- Other responsibilities include providing flexible assistance through cross-training and support to meet and exceed performance, customer satisfaction, and service level goals and providing follow up as needed on customer inquiries to ensure resolutions satisfy customers and meet all internal expectations.
- Good organizational skills; detail oriented; self-starter
- Good verbal, written and telephone communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled