Here are sample job advertisements for Global Mobility roles…
Sr. Global Mobility and Immigration Specialist
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The mission of the IRC is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
Job Overview/Summary: The Interim Global Mobility Officer will work as a member of the Global Compensation and Benefits team and is responsible for the administration and communication of the IRC global mobility programs. The Interim Global Mobility Officer will be integral in all aspects of international assignments and relocation in more than 40 countries in which the IRC operates, including international compensation, benefits, taxation, and immigration, and will work with the recruitment, HR Partner, finance, and local country teams to ensure efficient stewardship of the global mobility program. The Interim Global Mobility Officer is accountable for enabling mobility in support of the IRC’s operations worldwide, including developing cost effective, compliant and practical mobility solutions linked to the talent strategy.
- Function as the primary owner/manager of global mobility programs, including the entire life cycle of an expatriate, from pre-assignment through repatriation
- Act as the primary point of contact for Global HR and IRC management on mobility requests/inquiries, assignment planning, and policy counseling. Provide consultancy services/advice and collaborative support regarding the interpretation and execution of IRC’s international assignment policies and practices
- Work with various departments/teams in the IRC to design efficient coordination of all aspects of international assignments including relocation, repatriation, expense reimbursement, onboarding, etc.
- Serve as HR focal point for U.S. visa and immigration matters
- Manage outsource vendors, including relocation management company, tax provider, and data providers
- Calculate cost projections for international assignment compensation packages
- Prepare employee assignment and relocation letters
- Administer key assignment benefits such as shipping, tax briefing, cost of living and hardship allowances
- Maintain mobility data in HRIS database (Workday). Collaborate with HRIS to improve system tracking and reporting
- Monitor monthly allowances payments data by working with finance department and regional/local country teams
- Manage exceptions to allow flexibility, yet fairness in administration of policies and practices
- Special project work as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Global Compensation & Benefits
Position Directly Supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Compensation and Global Mobility Associate
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Preferably in Human Resources or International Business
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in global mobility and international assignment management experience required
- Demonstrated analytical, planning, organizational and problem solving skills, including data analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable dealing with employees and management at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently; excellent judgment
- Intermediate excel skills
- Experience with managing multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in French a plus
A career in our Global Mobility Services practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps companies streamline and effectively manage their international assignment programme in a cost efficient manner. You’ll assist our team with international assignee management, Human Resources, payroll, finance and accounting in addition to mobility policy, process and governance consulting.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other business related fields may be considered (such as, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance). Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success inindividual tax planning for employee cross-border movement including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process and managing international assignee populations of multi-national clients.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in understanding individual tax compliance, tax planning and expatriate tax program policy and administration design; identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and, providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice.
- Manage client expectations and delivery of services to expatriate employees of corporate clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Develop and review tax equalization and international assignment policies
- Review tax returns and equalizations of expatriate employees
- Mentor and coach staff
- Manage resource allocation, workflow, and resource utilization
- A minimum of five years of expatriate or individual tax experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA or JD/LLM or Enrolled Agent (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn’t currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Prior work experience at an accounting firm
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, matriculation or political affiliation, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
- Supports the Business Advisor Lead with aligning and executing on Global Deployment Business-specific strategy and supports the facilitation of associated Global Mobility advisory needs for US and US India inbound and outbound assignments and cross border engagements (CBE)
- Works under direction of Business Advisor Lead to provide advisory services for all US deployment types (US inbound and outbound assignments and CBPs) for a specific Business
- Collaborates and works closely with Business Advisor Lead, PPMD and Non-PPMD Employee Experience Support team, and the CBP Employee Experience Support team in support of delivering Business Advisory and Employee Experience services that are consistent with the Business’ Global Deployment Strategy
- Executes consistent process hand-offs between Business Advisor and Employee Experience teams, including associated expectations and compliance by the Business
- Escalates complex issues to Business Advisor Lead, as required
- Advisory and training efforts for Global Mobility teams and Deloitte stakeholders on the execution of functional Global Mobility strategic elements, as required
- Adopting available tools to advise the Business consistently to inform decision making
- Discusses policy and processes with potential candidates to ensure complete understanding and guiding on next steps in the program
- Process for coordination of DTTL and / or other funding mechanism to support Mobility arrangements, coordinating required input from Business Global Mobility Leaders
- Negotiates assignment packages with member firm Global Mobility contacts, in line with DTTL policies
- Reviews assignment budgets and documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures
- Initiates assignments and engages the Employee Experience team members to prepare them for owning the Assignee / Project Traveler experience
- Global Mobility technical understanding (e.g., deployment structures, deployment lifecycle and processes, DTTL Policy and associated Business Drivers)
- Global Mobility service excellence
- Financial management and performance
- Strategic thinker
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- Collaboration and influencing skills needed to effectively advise Business Advisor Lead, peers, and the Business
- Consultative approach toward clients
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Critical understanding of when to escalate matters for necessary leadership approval
- Familiarity of Deloitte’s Businesses
- Experience working in a multi-national, global team environment
- Typically requires 7 to 10 years of directly related experience including subject matter expertise in human resources or mobility (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html