Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
- Assists in obtaining documents and other information related to investigations and cases.
- Performs research to locate potential witnesses. Conducts in-house, telephone and database research; manages case files.
- Assists in the preparation of interim and final reports and recommendations.
- Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) staff.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must have two years of experience in performing investigative research and document analysis to include on-line database research (i.e., CLEAR, LEXIS/NEXIS, and Westlaw), asset searches, internet communications, and telephone research.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of various public repositories of information.
- Familiarity with investigative tools, public and private records databases and fraud investigations helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work effectively in an fast paced environment.
- Must have strong skills with the use of Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Set the strategy, direction and tone for a robust, executable Client Fraud Prevention program
- Recommend and build a Fraud Prevention Team, utilizing existing resources in Service, and Control Management, and evaluating supplemental talent required to meet overall accountabilities.
- Handle strategic partnering and be able to influence key stakeholders within the bank and with our clients
- Identify and execute initiatives to address client fraud risks (existing as well as new schemes and threats as they emerge)
- Identify best practices for fraud prevention – understand what other JPMC LOB’s and external organizations are doing to address client fraud risk and implement for the CB where appropriate
- Work closely with clients, CSP’s and Bankers to understand risks and opportunities to address fraud risk
- Evaluate the existing Client Fraud Prevention program and suggest improvements and new ideas to reduce client fraud and execute to delivery
- Respond to fraud trends as they are identified/evolve to ensure clients, client facing teams and management are aware and appropriate actions are taken and root causes are identified and addressed
- Manage forum with service, product, legal and other partners to provide channel for identification/escalation and discussion of emerging issues and trends
- Establish partnerships with x-LOB (CCB and CIB) fraud related product and process owners, e.g., fraud claiming processing, transaction screening, disbursement products, to ensure CB requirements are met
- Partner with CB Technology and Communications to present to clients / potential clients on Client Fraud Protection processes / products
- Work with product owners to identify opportunities for product enhancements to fight fraud
- Present to CB Senior management and ad hoc forums on loss and risk exposure trends, and opportunities to address/improve bank response
- Review / Assess all client facing communications including marketing materials, awareness emails/brochures, job aids and procedures, online alerts and training to ensure content is reflective current fraud trends and bank recommendations/best practices and allow relationship and cost center owners to identify and remediate fraud risk in their portfolios/clients
- Create, publish and/or ensure client level reporting on fraud losses, fraud product usage, fraud risk exposure
- Partner with Business SME’s to drive and educate on the Client Fraud Agenda / Program
- Reconcile and evaluate Client Fraud events to ensure that the response / process was appropriate and in line with procedures
- Create and provide fraud training as needed including influencing and working through partnership on-site with clients to deliver fraud education, awareness and training
- Maintain Fraud program intranet site and content
- Serve as voice of CB in firmwide forum on client fraud issues and trends
- Oversight and central coordination / escalation point for Client Fraud within CB;
- Highly regarded executive with extensive background in cyber security and fraud prevention in financial services. Expert in fraud trends, cross industry prevention forums, and ability to spot and prevent potential new schemes.
- Self-motivated and confident decision-maker with demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to challenge and influence change where necessary
- Very high level of professionalism and sense of urgency
- Financial Services experience with an emphasis on payments/deposit products and platforms, fraud prevention platforms, risk, control, and regulatory; Deep knowledge of Cyber security is preferred. Commercial Banking line of business experience is desired.
- This position will interact with all levels of management and bank employees as well as clients. Candidate must be an effective communicator possessing both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, time management and multi-tasking skills – ability to remain flexible and productive through shifting priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, achieve deadlines and deliver quality results and meet tight deadlines within a team environment
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, and collaborate with business and functional experts to provide guidance and to recognize risks, control gaps and design enhancements
- Collaborative team player able to develop meaningful and effective working relationships with fellow colleagues
- Support a teamwork/team spirit environment and present a professional attitude/image within department and in all company interactions
- Strong computer skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Advanced Excel – including macros, PowerPoint); knowledge of MS Project, MS Access and Visio a plus
- Strong knowledge/background on internal control principles, operational risk management, audit, compliance, or operations preferred
- > 10 years relevant experience managing key strategic programs
- Client Fraud Prevention experience required
- Fraud certifications preferred
- Working independently with daily communication and support from our compliance teams.
- Solving any issue regarding reported reviews in the North American and Australian markets and ensuring that the reviews on our site comply with our guidelines.
- Taking co-ownership of the market with other agents and helping with escalated cases either in writing or on the phone.
- Daily collaboration with other offices (agents and managers) to solving any issues regarding reported reviews in the North American and Australian markets.
- Handling other market tasks, including assessing template invitations and assessing whether companies comply with our guidelines.
- Helping build Trust & Transparency in your market through educating both users and companies on how Trustpilot operates including our Guidelines and processes.
- Assist Customer Success, Support, Sales and the Communications team with compliance issues on the North American and Australian markets
- Being a Trust Ambassador by nurturing relationships with colleagues in other departments, and assisting projects aimed at increasing trust and transparency.
- Helping improve and maintain our model answers and compliance-related content for communicating with our community.
- As needed, helping other team members handle cases in different English speaking markets.
- Excellent written language skills in English.
- Minimum of 2 year compliance or similar experience
- Good understanding of Quality & Compliance operations & processes.
- Excellent written communication skills, & an ability to understand the nuances of communicating with businesses & consumers.
- Great stakeholder management, as you will be engaging across departments.
- Able to work independently & juggle multiple tasks at once. A proactive approach to task & issue handling.
- Conflict management skills & an ability to communicate politely in all situations.
- Process oriented & a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to structure & prioritize your time.
- A can-do person who works efficiently & takes pride in answering every case.
You will be joining an international Quality & Compliance team consisting of 23 intelligent and passionate agents and investigators with different backgrounds and nationalities, based in Copenhagen and New York. We work closely together to make Trustpilot the most trusted company in the world and the safest, most reliable online review platform for sharing shopping experiences.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding global technology company
- 100% covered health insurance. Vision and dental insurance offered
- Free catered lunch every Friday, bagel Mondays, office happy hours, ping pong tables, 2 kegerators, gongs, bells and more
- Great office location in the heart of the Flatiron District
Check out our office on The Muse! ( https://www.themuse.com/companies/trustpilot )
Trustpilot is an online review-driven community and platform that builds relationships between consumers and businesses. Launched in 2007, Trustpilot has seen demand for its service rapidly increase, now providing over 140,000 businesses with TrustScores based on more than 22 million reviews. Trustpilot operates in 65 countries, with offices in the UK, US, Denmark, Germany, Australia and Lithuania. Enabling businesses to engage with customers directly, Trustpilot invites shoppers to provide reviews of their experiences, allowing for a more open conversation about business improvements based on personal feedback.
Our promise is built on innovation, expertise and the valued partnership of our people. It’s how we deliver on that promise that makes us different.THE CONDUENT DIFFERENCE
Fueled by an innovative mindset and an entrepreneurial culture, we constantly find new ways to create unique value for our clients. Every day we engage in relentless pursuit of greater solutions to improve the lives of citizens, patients and employees around the world.
- Review current fraud prevention processes to identify process and system improvements
- Work with business, technology and call center teams to implement best practices
- Coordinate security assessments conducted by 3rd party / external clients
- Document current and future state process flows relating to fraud
- Coordinate with key vendors to verify required certifications are on file and up to date (SOC1, SOC2, etc)
- Act as Security / Fraud SME supporting client inquiries
- Escalate issues / risks to senior management as required
- Monitor fraud and provide summary level reporting
- Evaluate fraud management tools
- Promote our security and fraud management features (internal management and external clients)
- Provide assistance for proposals, marketing documents, RFI and RFPs on security and fraud related matters
- Excellent oral / written communication
- Process flow documentation (Visio, Power Point, etc)
- 5 plus years of experience in the field or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in supporting SOC 1, 2 audits preferred
Monitors account activity in near real-time environment to take action to minimize Bank fraud losses.
- Review transaction data from the real-time fraud detection system and other reporting sources and complete additional research in various internal and external systems to identify potentially fraudulent transactions.
- Place appropriate holds on accounts identified as having potentially fraudulent issues, document action taken and track status through resolution to provide a record of activity and support identification of trends or consistent issues.
- Contact customers by phone, mail and email to verify transactions and resolve fraud-related account issues.
- Serve as Fraud Subject Matter Expert and communicate with customers, merchants, financial institutions, law enforcement and Bank personnel on a professional level to resolve potential fraud-related issues and provide information.
- Ensure activities comply with applicable laws and regulations impacting card fraud detection activities to protect Company and customer interests.
- Communicate with customers, merchants and Visa personnel to authenticate customers and provide verbal authorizations or respond to fraud in progress.
- Remain current on counterfeit and other fraud trends impacting the Bank’s portfolios. Recommend changes to fraud detection system parameters to higher management to optimize fraud detection while minimizing negative customer impact.
- Acquire and maintain ability to rapidly navigate multiple mainframe systems to locate information and complete account maintenance activities.
- Use specified software applications to manage and share information within the department as appropriate.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 2 years’ higher education or related work experience
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent word processing, database and spreadsheet software packages
Experience with the Windows operating system
Experience communicating effectively with all levels of personnel
Experience making decisions quickly and accurately as well as handling multiple tasks simultaneously
Displayed ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work holidays and be flexible in terms of work scheduling
Education and Experience Preferred:
Experience or coursework in a financial crime or law enforcement related field
Customer service experience in a specialist or supervisory role
Experience working in a team environment, with proven track record of successful interactions
Proven analytical skills