Here are sample job advertisements for Financial Communications roles…
Director Financial Communications
QVC is growing! We are now the #3 ecommerce retailer in North America and we want to share our business story with the world. To help us with that goal, QVC has created a brand new Director, Financial Communications opportunity. In this critical leadership role, you will develop a proactive and strategic business and financial communications plan for the QVC Group that articulates the corporate story and increases awareness and image, protecting the brand(s) as needed. You will work to broaden awareness of the QVC Group story globally and increase visibility of brands across key stakeholder audiences. You will serve as a spokesperson for the company and build corporate brand awareness through establishing and nurturing key media relationships and developing and driving best practices within traditional and new media. As Director, you will also provide strategic messaging inputs into financial communications documents such as earnings scripts, press releases, media briefings, as well as writing thought leadership pieces on behalf of the QVC Group. You will work closely with global business leaders to develop engagement and communications plans to keep business community stakeholders abreast on all corporate announcements. The Director role is based at QVC’s corporate headquarters in suburban Philadelphia and requires occasional travel to other offices around the world up to 6 times a year.
- Designing and executing a global external relations strategy that enhances QVC’s brand awareness and trust around the world, especially with the business press.
- Leading a matrix team of media relations professionals around the world by establishing a global cadence, sharing best practices, aligning on topical pitches and trends as they relate to the QVC Group business story angles and success.
- Establishing a best-in-class global media relations strategy that supports QVC’s short and long term business goals, including establishing an executive communications practice to ensure our key leaders are speaking to broad audiences and have the media training and partnership they need for events such as Investor Day, Media Day, etc.
- Developing newsworthy pitches, recommending appropriate media strategies, and proactively building relationships with journalists, producers and social media influencers to achieve QVC’s business goals.
- Serving as a member of the global crisis communication team and handing media inquiries.
- Building relationships with the media – from traditional to new media by hosting events, arranging for interviews, hosting editorial meetings, desk-sides, etc.
- Build executive thought leadership programs to expand QVC’s awareness through our own people’s voices, aligning thought leaders with appropriate media and events/conferences.
- Build a strong, results-oriented plan that includes metrics for ongoing evaluation and effectiveness.
- Work with Customer Marketing and Ecommerce to enhance our media relations programs with social media strategies.
- Manage agency partners that support our goals while adhering to budget.
- Manage the end-to-end process for preparing all stakeholders in our media relations events.
- Education: BA in Communications, Journalism or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a similar capacity with a large global organization.
- Experience in ecommerce, retail, consumer and/or the media industries strongly preferred.
- Connections and established relationships with various media outlets a must.
- Expertise consulting and preparing executive communications and media training executives to tell the business story.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate a team of direct reports and the matrix media relations professionals.
- Ability to build strong relationships with top tier media and influencers to enhance QVC’s brand awareness and credibility.
- Ability to write and produce compelling storytelling pitches that invite audiences to get to know QVC (Professional portfolio required).
- Demonstrated ability building and maintaining a global media strategy including relevant tactics such as a global calendar, global media book, shared goals and shared metrics/practices.
- Ability to ensure consistent understanding of QVC Group brand and messages among all key stakeholders inside and outside QVC, especially the financial community.
- Experience managing a global media relations budget.
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Honeywell Transportation Systems team! Transportation Systems is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Transportation Systems serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings.
As a testimony to its success, in 2018 Honeywell will be spinning off the Transportation Systems business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide Transportation Systems the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways.
The Financial Communication Senior Manager will have responsibility to support the Newco Investor Relations Director in developing and delivering the financial communication activities driven by the financial calendar.
The role will report to the Senior Director of TS Communications based in Switzerland and will be based in New Jersey or New York states, USA.
- Works in partnership with the IR Director to develop the quarterly and yearly mandatory financial communication activities including earnings and investors / shareholder events
- Assist to drafts, and /or edits financial communication materials including news releases, presentations, talking points and social media posts
- Assist the Investor Relations Director in shareholder’s inquiries management
- Reviews and facilitates approval of all financial communication activities and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and Brand guidelines
- Organize all the financial communication events locally and globally including roadshows, investor days and the shareholder meeting.
- Partner with the Newco global PR team for financial press releases and media monitoring
- Identifies and develops appropriate agency and third-party partnerships to help Newco create an effective communication infrastructure and achieve desired outcomes
- Maintains budget oversight for key agency relationships and other key vendors.
- Collaborate with global HR and internal communications to engage employees on the Newco listed company activities
- Measure communications effectiveness
- Research client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending and participating in meetings and conference calls, compiling media coverage reports, scheduling and logistics;
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials; ensure quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Identify and work with media; research content calendars for key financial news outlets and trade publications
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, general office logistics and will pass a writing test
- An interest and proficiency in financial and investment industry issues and vocabulary
- A strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work to his/her team and clients
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university