Here are sample job advertisements for these types of jobs:
Creative Director, Events and Content
Apple, Cuppertine, CA
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.As the Creative Director for Events and Content, you will grow a creative team that identifies, creates and produces a brand identity for consumer activations, red carpet premieres, live events, creative spaces, live content and hospitality spaces.You have a high level of passion, leadership and commitment to your area of expertise. As a passionate storyteller, you thrive in a quick moving environment, and make an excellent teammate. This role will report to the Global Director of Events & Content of IS&S Marketing & Creative.Key Qualifications 15+ years of professional experience in event design, creative direction and content production
You are highly experienced in consumer activations, performance, festival production and red carpet premieres for film, TV or entertainment brands, including digital and mobile extensions
You have 5+ years of experience in directing a team, ideally in a fast-growing environment
Strong track record in building creative identity around content production
Highly skilled in handling multiple, complex, concurrent projects
Creativity and vision that brings concepts to reality
Exceptional attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines
You have a collaborative and team oriented approach
Strong written and verbal communication skills to external and internal audiences and customers
You have a real passion for entertainment and pop culture and are knowledgable of all types of media such as music, television, film and books
- Lead and build a premier events and content creative team for Apple Services, while building effective relationships with various internal teams and external partners
- Advise and partner with our leadership on strategy and standard methodologies needed to elevate and communicate each business
- You will design and create a visual identity for Events that deliver content and experiences to bring to life Apple’s services and product
- You’ll be responsible for the creative direction of content and live events from creative concept through to execution
- You’ll lead creative direction of our live events and content across Apple Services including, but not limited to, Video, TV, Music, Apple Pay, Books, News, and Movies to support our business goals
- Help shape an event creative identity for the services business in line with Apple’s overall marketing and creative strategy with key business clients, such as TV and Music, in response to briefs and direction from each business
- Partner with cross functional teams to integrate Apple media products and services live experience with other lines of business such as the NPI team and Apple Retail
- Partner and engage with external talent such as filmmakers, talent representatives, agencies, and production partners on efforts and engagements as needed
- Identify, select and manage relationships with vendors and agencies contracted to execute production and technical aspects lives services, events and live content
- Lead and ensure efficient budget and project management across multiple business units
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Regular global travel required
- You’re experienced with content and events for music, film, TV and entertainment brands
Score Media & Gaming Inc. (“theScore”) empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s mobile sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience. Natively built for iOS and Android devices, theScore Bet is deeply integrated with theScore’s media app and is currently available to residents of New Jersey. Publicly traded on the TSX Venture Exchange (SCR), theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
We are seeking an experienced Event and Activation Manager to assist in the planning, production and execution of brand activations and customer and user recruitment events for theScore Bet. You will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning and managing our events’ calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, possess a positive ‘can-do-attitude’ and the ability to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders to ensure timely and effective delivery of highly impactful events that enhance our overall brand visibility, build advocacy and goodwill with our customers, and deliver against commercial objectives.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of event production, inclusive of planning, budgeting, execution and post-event reconciliation
- Source vendor options, develop RFPs, evaluate bids, negotiate and execute contracts
- Source hard-goods (aka Swag: hats, shirts, bottle openers, etc.) for promotional purposes and give-aways effectively and efficiently through established vendor connections
- Work closely with business development and marketing teams to identify, source, and close event opportunities.
- Work closely with design team to ensure you have the creative assets and marketing collateral required to present the brand in the best possible light
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Monitor and measure the success of all event programs and evaluate results against KPIs
- Create post event reports to measure event effectiveness and identify areas for improvement
- Update event budgets, track spending, and carry out reconciliations
- Attend events to oversee executions
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Events marketing & planning
- Degree in PR & Events, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
- Proven track record of delivering highly impactful and commercially effective customer facing events
- Ability to think on your feet and solutions focused
- A great networker and negotiator with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working as part of a larger team and able to manage and mentor junior staff when required
- A general interest in sports (NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, etc.)
- Great attention to detail
- Outcome focused
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Located midtown NYC; easily accessible by public transit
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
- Plan and manage a substantial programme of corporate hospitality activities and client events (including generation of ideas for new events) and that they are executed to the highest possible standards;
- ensure events arranged are consistent with the firm’s positioning and corporate objectives, working with BD and the partnership on strategic planning to achieve this;
- research, cost, recommend and book sports and/or arts events, or tailor unique events, to meet client entertainment objectives;
- deliver a range of events for employees (holiday and summer parties, diversity events, partner dinners, attorney going away parties, etc.)
- conduct venue searches and feasibility studies, negotiate with suppliers, make recommendations and present proposals with full costs;
- effective budgeting, forecasting and financial management;
- full management of local practice and sector group conferences to include establishing the initial brief, venue contracting, client, venue and delegate liaison, on-site event management, through to cost reconciliation;
- maintain event bookings with partner organisations to ensure the firm maximizes benefits made available through memberships;
- track new venues / ideas for corporate entertainment and conference organization to ensure programme remains leading edge;
- conduct detailed post-event evaluation (including per head cost analysis) and report findings to relevant audiences;
- conduct site visits and establish relationships with preferred venues and maintain regular contact with existing and potential new suppliers;
- travel to attend and manage various events and conferences as appropriate; and
- overall responsibility for purchasing events merchandise;
- Manage and mentor events co-ordinator to support and deliver the above.
- Five years’ experience working in an international business environment that requires buy-in and engagement of senior management or partners and working across cultures successfully;
- Proven track record of successful client relationship management;
- US Events Manager
- Experience of working with multi-location teams, eg. multi-office initiatives and leveraging centralised resources;
- Good working knowledge of suitable venues – NY and Washington; and
- Proven event management experience, including conferences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, clarify and share information easily;
- The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people, including partners;
- The ability to lead in a high-pressured environment with a focus on results;
- Strong research and organisational skills;
- Resilient and able to remain calm and positive under pressure;
- Decisive and mature in judgement;
- A commitment to the highest level of integrity and performance; and
- Able to resolve complex issues taking a proactive approach to analyse the problem and generate solutions.
ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Manager, Conference & Events to join the Events team in our New York office.
The Manager, Conferences & Events is responsible for the management of technical conferences and Society meetings. This includes interaction with event steering committees and local organizing committees, and staff; site selection and contract negotiations; logistics coordination; conference registration, exhibits and sponsorship management; hiring of temporary registration and security personnel, coordination of technical tours and guest tours, special events; coordination of marketing; oversight of shipment and meeting supplies; coordination of paper review process for events held locally and internationally with internal conference web-tool team; billing reconciliation; budget, and accrual management; conference evaluations; and on-site conference management.
In addition, this role will act as liaison to select Volunteer Committees, managing communication on meetings, motions and other special requests and manage the coordination of internal and external communications.
This individual should possess the following:
- A history of organizing successful events beginning with an abstract description from volunteers.
- Experience of managing successful conferences and events with varied levels of attendance.
- Experience in managing volunteer organizations and volunteer relationships.
- Experience in managing communication and website needs of events organization.
- Experience in the supervision and management of event staff.
Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least 10 years of industry experience. Association experience is preferred. In addition, candidate must have:
- Contracts experience with hotels, convention centers and related suppliers.
- Knowledge of developing and managing budgets.
- Conference and Event marketing experience.
- Supervisory skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Apple Retail Stores represent a focal point in their local community – a place where technology intersects with the arts and education. We are focused on building experiences that inspire you to learn, create something new, and discover something you’ll only find at Apple. The Programming Lead is an evangelist of this vision, and is responsible for curating and delivering an ongoing program of culturally relevant programming. The Programming Lead will partner closely with Retail Marketing and external talent to conceive, program, implement and execute events through the engagement of musicians, photographers, developers, entrepreneurs and educators, inspiring customers and enhancing the Apple Retail experience.Key Qualifications
DescriptionWe are deeply involved with developing local copy with geo-based Creative teams. We craft the vision for the market or country that aligns with the brand and purpose. We use events and workshops to inspire curiosity, learning, and loyalty, and to create new owners. We cultivate and manage relationships with external partners (e.g. cultural institutions; entertainment, art, and design industry professionals). Maintain a deep understanding of the business to build programming and event concepts that establish the store identity within the community and follow the future vision of Apple Retail. Communicate passionately with store teams to spread the word about upcoming events. We partner with Retail Marketing to execute events within brand guidelines. We partner with PR leadership to ensure events are promoted through all available channels and are accessible to diverse community audiences. We track, report, and provide insights on program results, challenges, and opportunities. We source, appoint, brief, and manage talent. You influence and guide store team members who support events programming in partnership with the store leadership team. You develop integrated event strategy, including planning and budgeting when necessary.Education & ExperienceBachelor’s degree preferred
- Event management or professional talent management experience for event or communication agency.
- Preferred 6-8+ years of experience
- You have high-profile experience acting as spokesperson or ambassador for a global brand.
- Extensive experience handling high-visibility projects and partnerships (both internal and external) give you a deep understanding of market-wide trends, themes, and current cultural events
- A rare ability to discover, recommend, and source talent.
- You are well-connected within the event industry and have relationships with local talent.
- Passionate about building an environment that exudes exceptional hospitality and are a pro at crafting unforgettable guest experiences.
- Ability to successfully navigate and execute multiple large-scale projects at once.
- Effectively partner with internal and external production management teams to ensure flawless visual and technical event execution.
- Amazing presentation skills including experience presenting to large audiences.
- Discreet and professional, you have strong collaboration, verbal and written communication and networking skills.
- Flexible project management style with the ability to quickly adapt and effect change