Here are some sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Epidemiologist, Public Health – Remote
Freedom Healthcare Staffing is hiring epidemiologists with the opportunity to work remotely. Candidates of choice will provide epidemiological support and assist in managing exposure to COVID-19 during the national emergency and monitor the Electronic Disease Reporting System (EDRS) for notifiable disease reporting.
In addition to investigations of the COVID-19 outbreak, the epidemiologist will conduct day-to-day investigations, follow-ups, and reports on other chronic illness conditions, disease risk factors, or adverse health outcomes.
Salaries range by assignment but are commensurate with the value you provide to healthcare organizations during this time (i.e. you are very valuable and will be paid accordingly).
Other responsibilities include:
- Conduct interviews with newly diagnosed patients.
- Determine sources of infection and implement necessary control measures for all reportable diseases by following guidelines in established protocols and references.
- Assist with the collection, transportation, documentation, and follow-up of specimens for laboratory testing.
- Provide contacts with approved information about Colorado’s quarantine guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in providing consultation and guidance on communicable diseases to local health partners, providers, and the general public
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, statistics or health informatics.
- 5 years of experience in an applied epidemiology/statistics or research setting preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Senior Epidemiologist – Watson Health
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Epidemiologist designs and implements research projects utilizing real world data designed for regulatory submissions, as part of a suite of consulting services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device clients. The Senior Epidemiology
Develop proposals for clients that focus on the use of real world data in studies that involve regulatory submissions (post-marketing safety studies, synthetic control arm studies, label expansion studies)
Oversee project team members in the design and implementation of outcomes research and epidemiology studies that will be used in regulatory submissions –understanding real world data and study methods for research commissioned by pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device clients
Collaborate with subject matter experts and teams of researchers, research leaders, programmers, analysts, and statisticians through the organization to design and deliver innovative projects
Prepare and review complex client deliverables that will be used in regulatory submissions including protocols, statistical analysis plans, interpretation of results, study reports and publications (abstracts, presentations, manuscripts).
Ensure client satisfaction by anticipating client needs and meeting deliverable deadlines.
This position is open to remote but candidates in the following locations are preferred:
- Bethesda, MD
- Cambridge, MA
- Ann Arbor, MI
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for this position $115,000 to $222,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in conducting studies involving both primary data collection as well as the use of real-world data (e.g., insurance claims data and electronic medical record data)
- Deep experience in regulatory submissions involving real world data (reporting of adverse events, label expansion studies, post-marketing safety studies, communications with regulators)
- Experience presenting complex study design topics involving real world data to regulators and clients
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with ability to manage multiple individual and team tasks simultaneously, while completing work on time and on budget
- Experience in business development process including working with clients to help them appropriately formulate research studies and data projects
- History of relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PharmD/MPH/MS/PhD in epidemiology, health services research, or related field
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
Epidemiologist, Health Sciences
What You’ll Do
- Work with the AllStripes research and abstraction teams to design and manage research studies with industry and academic research collaborators
- Develop clinical modules that define what data to abstract from medical records
- Perform analytics on AllStripes data for internal and external research studies
- Participate in the development of abstracts and manuscripts
Who You Are
- MS or MPH degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or related quantitative discipline; 2+ years of experience preferred; PhD degree in related fields encouraged to apply as well
- Past experience working on research studies involving retrospective data collection from medical records
- Bonus: past experience working at/with a biotech or pharmaceutical company or clinical training/experience
- Past experience designing survey questions and designing studies. Bonus: experience working with case report forms (CRFs)
- Strong experience conducting statistical analysis using R
- Past experience working on abstracts or publications preferred
- Resourceful and self-motivated; you’re not afraid to dive into a complex problem and wear lots of hats to get the job done
- Passion for rare disease research and addressing unmet medical needs
What We Offer
- 90% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for you + 75% coverage for dependents
- Flexible PTO + 14 paid holidays per year
- $1,500 workstation set-up budget + monthly cell & internet reimbursement ($75 and $50, respectively)
- 12-week parental leave policy for all new parents
- HSA contribution + FSA
- Team lunches & activities