Here are sample job advertisements for Employee Experience & Engagement…
Employee Engagement Lead Manager
KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five elementary schools, five middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. We are also excited to be opening two new schools in August 2018 – KIPP Freedom Elementary School and KIPP Freedom Middle School
The KIPP NYC Director of Employee Experience will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the KIPP NYC Employee Experience. This is a unique opportunity for an individual who is interested in expanding employee support and driving Inclusion & Diversity initiatives in a growing organization. The Director of Employee Experience must embrace continuous learning and innovation, be willing to get his/her hands dirty, and relish the challenge of finding ways to work smarter and more efficiently.This position is based out of the KIPP NYC Shared Services Team (SST) office in Midtown Manhattan but includes daily travel to the all of our KIPP NYC schools, located in Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn. The Director of Employee Experience will manage a team of two HR staff members: an Associate Director and a HR Manager. He/she will also work closely and collaboratively with teachers, school leadership and other SST teams, especially our Recruitment Team and Finance Team.This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to enhance and develop Employee Relations and Inclusion & Diversity skills, systems, and processes to help a thriving, successful organization reach its next level of growth.
Provide advice and guidance to senior leaders on any employee relations issues
Monitor the employee experience through campus visits, employee engagement surveys, coordinating events and propose and/or enact changes to policy/practice to improve the experience.
Manage and execute parts of the life cycle of the KIPP NYC employee experience, from onboarding to exit interviews to drive recruitment and retention strategies
Prepare a comprehensive, annual culturally-rich new hire orientation for new hires; KIPP NYC will have 80-120 new hires each July-September until its planned growth is complete
Facilitate an engaging and accurate Employee Handbook.
Coordinate staff communication and training on HR-related topics including workshops and communication
Oversee and track all labor and employment compliance issues (employee files, certification, etc.) working closely with the HR team and with outside legal counsel as necessary
Manage KIPP NYC teacher certification metrics and reporting
Partner with the Director of Human Resources to create KIPP NYC performance evaluation strategy
Inclusion and Diversity
Oversee the creation and implementation of the KIPP NYC Inclusion & Diversity yearly plan, including regional programming and school based programs
Lead and facilitate I&D trainings for all levels of the KIPP NYC network, including regional leadership, school leadership, and all grade specific staff members
Evaluate and report on all I&D programs, through employee survey, leader feedback, and observation
Manage the creation of partnerships with organizations that specialize in I&D training and education
Co-lead the KIPP NYC Race and Equity Council
Bachelor’s Degree required
At least 3 years of Human Resources Director or Manager in Education or related field
Proficiency in the use of HRIS systems such as ADP, PeopleSoft, SAP required
Exceptional project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
Track record of providing outstanding customer service
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Entrepreneurial mindset, with the creativity and versatility to work productively in a fast-paced environment
Experience managing teams to results
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Passionate commitment to KIPP NYC’s mission and to high standards of excellence
Zest, grit, hope, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
As the People and Culture Experience Manager, you’ll support our People initiatives at charity: water by cultivating an environment that can attract, develop, and retain an incredible team. You’ll be a steward of our culture, overseeing our all-staff activities and events, including our weekly team meetings and annual celebrations. You’ll ensure our team is celebrated and cared for well. You’ll also ensure the office experience for staff is excellent, down to the snacks we order. You’ll support the Head of People and Culture in the execution of onboarding, feedback and recognition, training and development, and leading our internship program.
- Partner with the Head of People and Culture to identify and rollout all-staff initiatives, activities, and experiences that contribute to the culture of charity: water.
- Create regular, meaningful, and engaging celebrations and activities for our team of world-changers.
- Manage and plan multiple annual staff events:
- Summer Outing
- Holiday Party
- Coordinate organization-wide meetings and events to ensuring there’s consistent communication and opportunity for the team to connect.
- Bagel Mondays
- Beer & Pizza
- Brown Bags
- Town Halls
- Water Coolers
- Create and send out weekly communications that cover internal updates and wins.
- The Sink
- The WIN (Weekly Internal Newsletter)
- Manage staff appreciation initiatives and ensure we are celebrating the contributions and life events of the team.
- Life event celebrations (marriage, children, graduation, etc.)
- Support the planning for the annual staff trip to the field.
- Work alongside the Head of People and Culture to facilitate and review Employee Engagement Surveys to gain insight and identify opportunities for the organization.
- Manage a world-class intern program, coordinating all programming for each semester.
- Manage an Office Coordinator to ensure excellence in office management including:
- Office supplies
- Office perks
- Workspace planning
- Office improvements
- Decor & furniture
- Hosting outside organizations
- 3-5 years of strong, relevant HR/employee engagement experience.
- Vibrant and high-energy personality and presentation skills.
- Event planning and office management experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Very proficient in Excel and Keynote and ability to learn new tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and execution abilities.
- Ability to foster relationships with all levels of staff.
- Flexibility to work out of normal business hours during staff events, as needed.
You are a culture-driver.
You are able to get others excited about the why behind the work and constantly be a model of our culture isms. You are passionate about your work and what it means.
You are a high-energy, people-person.
You have an innate social intelligence. Your greatest skill is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You have the ability to get others excited about the things you are excited about.
You are an excellent communicator.
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly both written and in-person.
You are a problem solver and a strategic systems thinker.
You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing.
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
You are passionate about your work and what it means.
You want to help build and nurture the organization to help us fight the world water crisis.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.
- Lead the planning, coordination and execution of annual New Staff Orientation and Talent Orientations in partnership with DTC
- Provide quality control and ensure talent milestones of employee onboarding are met through timely support to managers, check-ins with new staff, and by stewarding new managers/staff members to and through the 90-day review and individual goal setting process
- Collaborate with DTC and context experts to ensure the scope, sequence and resources for key topics are generated/updated
- Schedule, conduct and share new hire Talent Orientations with DTC
- Create and conduct evaluation plan for employee onboarding
- Close the crucial gap between offer and onboarding in the life-cycle of new employees
- Conduct informational interviews and provide ad hoc screening and sourcing support
- Partner across Talent Team to support recruitment publicity and branding
- Execute reference checking process for high-volume program team hiring
- Develop, manage and track employee referral bonus and recruitment incentive programs
- Collaborate with Talent Recruitment Manager on special recruitment projects (e.g refine and strengthen interview question banks and position descriptions)
- Along with DTC, work with Operations, Executive Office and committees to plan and execute signature staff experiences, including All Staff Retreats and All Staff Meetings
- Co-lead NYC based Team Fun group to plan and coordinate workplace programming
- Refine and execute staff mentoring (“Metamentor”) and Workiversary programs
- Draft and play “air traffic control” for regular Talent communications (eg, Staff Updates, department newsletter)
- Communicate across departments and committees to advise on the sequence and pace of workplace programming (brown bags, Team Fun events, professional development workshops)
- Partner with DTC to model and champion internal communications best practices
- Maintain and update organization charts to support org. wide operational planning and Development team proposals
- Four (4) or more years of professional experience with a preference for project management experience and interest in building a career in talent, human resources, career development or staff development in a fast-paced/quickly growing organization
- Reliable, trustworthy, responsible and punctual. Someone who is on time and follows through on commitments and is quick to earn the trust and respect of others
- Proven project leader with a strong planner with a keen eye for the details; managing others to success; able to move tasks and projects across complex departmental structures
- Demonstrated success in roles that require the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis to better inform decisions and the flow of work
- Strong interpersonal, written and public speaking communication skills; confident communicator to large groups of professional adults
- High emotional intelligence; able to recognize and respond to the needs of others appropriately and with minimal supervision
- Someone who can listen, process and reconcile needs and demands, and who is comfortable with saying no and building consensus
- Evidence of effective collaboration across a complex organization or multiple regions
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion and diplomacy while dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to manage and persist through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor’s values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check
- $50,000 – $60,000 annual salary commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
Workplace Experience Manager
The Workplace Experience Manager is the ambassador for the client experience program. The Manager shall be responsible for ensuring service excellence and enhanced experience for the users and occupants within the workplace. The Manager shall provide assistance within the Facilities team through tools & processes to ensure a positive workplace experience each day. The Manager will design and deliver a program that meets client expectations and business requirements and will manage and oversee dining operations, fitness, and the occupant experience, among others and act as the liaison between vendor partners and the client, managing the relationship with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional skills in customer service, strong knowledge of the local community, and the ability to support facilities management professionals in a faced-paced environment. Integral to the role is providing overall leadership and oversight of professionals in the program to manage governance and delivery of services pursuant to the requirements of the account. This individual is expected to deliver superior strategic planning and execution of occupant services, dining and fitness programs and concepts for all client employees by integrating vendor and firm resources.
In addition, the purpose of this position is to provide management/leadership for the facilities organization at a specific facility, set of buildings, or campus environment. The position is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the occupants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the client’s goals and objectives. The position coordinates the activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Work with the entire Facility Management team to build and deliver best in class employee experiences in the workplace that in turn promote efficiency, productivity, and peak performance.
Provide occupants with information regarding the work environment and support existing and transitioning occupants within the workplace environment. This includes supporting protocols, culture & etiquette.
Design and implement guidelines and best practices for building occupants to optimize their experience.
Continuously evaluate and identify innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery to maximize the employee experience.
Communicate required information to employees, executives, facilities management, landlord, and Cushman & Wakefield account management, as needed.
Regularly assess space readiness, ensuring workspaces, conference rooms, and offices are occupant ready.
Ensure C&W account team members greet employees and guests with utmost courtesy and urgency to provide hands-on assistance when required. Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
Ensure complaints, questions, concerns and suggestions are addressed and conduct follow-up, if needed.
Provide “White Glove” service to Executives by meeting/greeting executive visitors to the assigned floor / area and escorting them to their destination and ensuring prompt and efficient follow up on any issues/ requests.
Primary point of contact with dining and fitness service providers, managing vendor relationship, driving service excellence
Provide strategic focus and support to achievement of client’s Health and Wellness Best in Class Vision
Provide strategic guidance and operational insights on high visibility projects
Build effective, collaborative and respectful relationships with all stakeholders
Oversee annual and interim reviews of staff, including development of staff
Identify, develop, and implement strategic plans, cost savings opportunities, and service enhancements
Develop service delivery strategies, structure service delivery model, and evaluate alternative pricing scenarios, along with developing long term strategic plans
Develop building initiatives designed to create connections between occupants and share information regarding local attractions, events (concerts, theatre, sporting events, special events, etc.), and news (road closures, traffic patterns, weather issues, etc.).
Work to ensure contracts, and associated operating budgets are defined and established.
Collaborate with stakeholders to obtain Voice of the Customer data to capture service needs.
- Technical Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with individuals at all levels
- Detail oriented, confident, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Conflict management skills with ability to work under pressure, while acting in a calm manner
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required Passion for building communities and connecting individuals
- Experience with domestic health and safety regulations.
- Expertise regarding layout and design experience in process improvement, i.e., Six Sigma or comparable discipline.
- Experience in project management, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.