There is a wide range of Electrical Engineering roles in different industries. Here are some sample job advertisements…
Rail Vehicle Electrical Engineer
LTK ENGINEERING SERVICES, one of the nation’s most respected consultants to the railroad and rail transit industries, currently has an opening for the position listed below.
RAIL VEHICLE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Brooklyn, NY office
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience. Exposure to rail vehicle engineering is a plus. Alternatively, experience in design and maintenance service for the aircraft, marine vessels, off-highway vehicles, heavy construction machinery, or equivalent complex computerized electro-mechanical systems is desired.
Candidates must have knowledge of core electrical engineering concepts (analog/digital circuit design, power engineering, networking/telecommunications, AC/DC motor theory, control systems, and software development). Candidates must possess excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, and work well in a team. PE registration is desirable but not required. Both domestic and foreign travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on engineering work with the subway and commuter trains in the NYC area, including investigations of equipment malfunctions and reporting findings.
- Perform field tests and investigations of electrical phenomena and set up/utilize electrical measurement equipment – voltage/current sensors, pressure transducers, network analyzers, electrical data acquisition systems, etc.
- Develop technical specifications for the new and upgraded train equipment and systems.
- Review electrical and electro-mechanical designs, prepare detailed descriptions of review findings.
- Participate in the design review meetings and technical working sessions with the equipment suppliers.
- Review train and train systems test procedures for performance against international standards.
- Participate in the new equipment qualification efforts at supplier facilities and on the trains, including; functional testing, electrical performance, environmental, and electromagnetic compatibility.
LTK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, offering attractive professional opportunities, and competitive compensation and benefits packages. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter online via the link above.
Vector Force Development is a Veteran-Owned business. We are partnered with a large, Fortune 500 Energy services company along with multiple energy services providers in the industry. We specialize in helping companies build their operations and workforce. We are seeking motivated individuals interested in building a long-term career. This industry offers limitless opportunity, and we want to train you and give you the skillsets for long-term success. Come build your career with us!
Assist Project Manager in the implementation of onsite construction activities, engineering activities and Contract administration of large-scale, extensive projects.
1. Manage project engineering and related personnel’s functions and activities, including resource management, planning and management of work assignments.
2. Ensure project engineering and construction activities comply with company and Contract requirements and support the overall construction schedule.
3. Provide technical support for construction efforts including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts and changes; constructability reviews, etc.
4. Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
5. Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
6. Interface with all onsite departments as required to resolve problems and to ensure the quality of construction, etc. as necessary to support the overall project schedule and safety standards.
7. Supervise and manage projects engineering staff.
8. Recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
9. Review and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports and punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work in place, material requirement calculations, etc.
10. Present design discrepancies to client for resolution – prepare documentation (RFI’s and change notification for work beyond scope, reports, etc.) as required.
11. Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
12. Review and comment on constructability of design as required. Conduct value-engineering functions.
13. May provide (via survey crew) necessary control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials or equipment.
14. Verify and confirm that reported quantities are accurate as estimated prior to reporting.
15. Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by Project Manager.
Position Reports to: Project Manager
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Must possess a four-year electrical engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience. Must have advanced knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline. Have a minimum of 8 years heavy construction engineering and/or surveying experience. Advanced knowledge of surveying techniques and equipment, assigned discipline design and overall engineering standards is necessary. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others. This is an advanced position. Registered Professional Engineer is valuable. Key technical person on project. Position may be altered as necessary to suit Project.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Electrical engineering: 10 years (Required)
- combined cycle power plant construction: 10 years (Required)
- power generation: 10 years (Preferred)
- autocad: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Works on the design and selection of material/components, development, testing, and evaluation of novel implantable neuromodulation devices.
- Analyzes electrophysiological and electrochemical responses to neuromodulation.
- Performs experiments, collects data, analyzes results, drafts engineering reports, and presents to leadership for review.
- Performs engineering, computer science and statistical studies for select research projects.
- Maintains equipment and infrastructure in the laboratory.
- Attends scientific and technical meetings, builds and maintains databases, works with computer software, and integrates systems, as needed.
- Participates-in writing of abstracts, manuscripts and grant applications.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Statistics, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, required.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the development (concept through product test) of new robotic
- Developing budget and schedule inputs for product development planning
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate/avoid
- Define electrical requirements
- Embedded systems design including DSP, Microprocessor, and FPGA development
- Analog/digital circuit design and analysis
- High Reliability Printed Circuit Board layout design
- Generating fabrication documentation and vendor specifications
- Board-level assembly and test including environmental testing
- Data acquisition systems configuration and testing support
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience developing embedded systems with direct applicability to robotic systems
- Low-level firmware development for embedded targets including DSP & microprocessors
- Embedded hardware development for control of BLDC, stepper, or brushed DC motors
- Fluency in C, C++, experienced in Python, Java, and Shell Scripting
- Test & debugging of embedded systems for complex robotic systems using oscilloscopes, JTAG/USB debugger,
- Writing and maintaining design documentation and Interface Control Documents
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with all phases of development including requirements analysis, prototype
design, product design, assembly, debug, and testing
- Excellent intra-team and client-facing collaboration and communication
TO APPLY: Visit our career site at https://www.honeybeerobotics.com/about-us/careers/ or send your resume directly
to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number A04 in the subject line.