Here are a few sample job advertisements for this type of role…
VP Global Digital Strategy & Transformation
Role Value Proposition: MetLife’s Digital vision is to accelerate growth and drive value through a focus on customers, world-class capabilities, and a holistic transformation. Driven by passion and purpose, we are looking for you to work with and support the newly appointed Chief Digital Officer and SVP Global Digital Strategy on their efforts to reshape the enterprise Digital agenda at MetLife. As the VP, Global Digital Strategy and Transformation you will be instrumental in driving change and implementing MetLife’s Digital strategy in the focus areas of innovation, process automation, distribution platforms and data analytics. In partnership with the SVP, Global Digital Strategy and Transformation, the Chief Digital Officer and other stakeholders, you will build and refine the enterprise’s Digital agenda. Key objectives for the role include digital thought leadership and strategic execution of major components of the global Digital strategy. This requires partnering with both senior business and technology stakeholders. The role’s remit is global and across all business lines.
- Serve as a key advisor to the SVP, Digital Strategy & Transformation and EVP, Chief Digital Officer in defining and directing the strategy, key priorities and decisions in pursuit of One MetLife Strategy – Digital, Simplified.
- Own and execute key aspects of the Digital agenda, continuously aligning strategies and initiatives with broader Global Technology & Operations functions and lines of business.
- Prepare strategic presentations for MetLife’s senior stakeholder groups including MetLife’s Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Group
- Develop and monitor key performance metrics (KPI) of the Digital Office and ensure management reporting and operational reviews focus on results and actions against KPI.
- Lead and work in cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact on the Company. Enable the transfer of strategic ideas into operational decisions.
- Drive active business engagement in developing strategies for embedding Digital into regional businesses and aligning business strategies for a digital world. Champion and communicate MetLife’s Digital strategy to internal and external audiences.
- Provide and demonstrate thought leadership through competency and credibility in representing the Digital Office to MetLife executive management, functional heads and other stakeholders.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Ten years’ of experience in a top tier management consulting concern focusing on technology plus ideally post-consulting experience in an internal strategy, Digital, or COO/CAO role
- Proven success working in an innovative environment and in the development of digital products and services
- Experience working in a complex global organization with proven effectiveness operating in a global company spanning multiple business units
- Proven ability to translate broad corporate next generation strategies into clear, specific business deliverables and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize the evolving future of an industry, and to develop
insights into consumer trends and disruptive technology, using data and evidence to define impact on businesses and/or a relevant sector
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred; undergraduate degree in related discipline required
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
- Reports to: SVP Global Digital Strategy & Transformation
- Direct reports/team: 1-2
- Key Stakeholders: Chief Digital Officer, All EG Members, GTO CAO and Functional Heads
Developing and enhancing the cross-sector digital strategy for A/EMEA.
Leading the Digital transformation for A/EMEA and developing the digital roadmap.
Providing strategic support and advice to commercial leadership to increase the power of our Brands and consumer/customer engagement with our brands.
Earn company-wide commitment for the digital strategy and be a “creative, driven leader who innately looks across departmental and corporate boundaries to solve large-scale problems.
Working with all commercial departments to ensure that the commercial strategy is aligned to drive business and increase consumer and customer engagement.
Collaborates with Department leaders and appropriate leaders to translate company missions into digital offerings.
Deploy the defined digital strategy in A/EMEA and be accountable for the overall A/EMEA digital performance.
Continuously have the external outlook to drive Digital innovation in our business.
Engage with consumers, customers, suppliers, and external partners.
Identify new, unique capabilities to propose for the business.
Ensuring that the digital strategy is aligned with brand strategies and local go to market strategy.
Demonstrated experience developing and implementing organization-wide digital strategies aligned with organizational mission.
Experience in the Consumer Goods industry, with global responsibility.
10+ years of experience in a combination of Business and Digital-line departments at a customer-focused, consumer-centric organization (or related industry).
3+ years of executive Digital leadership with responsibility for defining and executing on business plans to meet strategic objectives.
(Digital) project experience.
Broad knowledge of current industry trends and developments and considered a thought leader.
Experience in providing strategic leadership using a balanced approach to deeply manage competing interests in order to deliver creative and compelling industry leading solutions.REQUIRED SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
Able to speak multiple business languages (marketing, strategy, IT, finance).
Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups including ability to share knowledge resolve conflict and build consensus among many stakeholders.
Knowledge of IT architecture, data analytics, information security, etc.
Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsiveness to all internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills necessary to document and write strategic business plans.
Strong project management and organization skills.
Solid analytical skills to include using a combination of member data and financial analysis to guide sound decision making.
Highly developed interpersonal skills, an affinity for networking, and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise with a strong service orientation.Key stakeholder management: strong capability in the ability to influence cross functional stakeholders to drive desired outcome.
Within BayBridgeDigital, the Digital Transformation Architect (DTA) help transform our most strategic customers by helping Business & IT understand what is possible and desirable, and how to get there, using all the power of Salesforce solutions and its ecosystem to enhance and realize their strategy. DTAs are customer-directed specialists solely focused on driving customer success through large-scale programs,
change management, strategic advisory, innovation, design thinking, roadmap, usage, adoption and value. DTAs are dedicated to one customer at a time. This is a great opportunity to join the leader in Digital Advisory and cloud computing technology ( Salesforce, Zuora, Vlocity,…).
Advise, Imagine and align with CxO’s goals the company strategic digital vision.
Co-create a personalized plan that aligns corporate goals, what is possible, key business measures / KPIs, and a practical implementation path.
Matrix-lead one of BayBridgeDigital’s most strategic customers as part of a blended team with other BayBridgeDigital resources (Strategic Digital Advisors, Innovation Lab Team, Customer Success, Project team, Industry specialists)
Improve the certainty of delivering large-scale change by aligning sponsor goals, key customer and BayBridgeDigital stakeholders, and delivery resources into a program with consistent and transparent processes.
Improve the certainty of absorbing large-scale transformational change by building communications, education, methodologies ( design thinking,..) and continuous feedback loops that engage everyone from end users to senior leaders.
Thanks to design-led approach, enable delivery with speed, agility, and stability by implementing a decision making framework that balances regional and global attributes, the frequency of change, quality of data and risk mitigation.
Accelerate productivity and buy-in through a series of activities that help end-users uncover and articulate barriers, and co-design potential solutions to their needs.
Identify ” moments of truth” by visualizing the information stored within BayBridgeDigital and other systems via our full suite of analytics capabilities.
Maximize speed to market by clearly understanding BayBridgeDigital’s product roadmap, industry reference architectures, AppExchange offerings, and agile development.
Personalize best practices to customers including, but not limited to, roadmap, agile development, change management, enterprise collaboration, operational support, and alignment to business strategy.
Increase user productivity, reduce TCO and accelerate
BayBridgeDigital investment payback, by formulating a plan to reduce the number of disparate applications end users access to do their jobs.
Accelerate delivery and reduce project costs by executing a strategy to identify, recruit, on- board, train and retain top talent skilled in BayBridgeDigital.
Improve adoption and value by working with senior executives to understand the vital the information they need to do their jobs, and the tasks that can be easily simplified via BayBridgeDigital’s accelerated methodology.
Provide timely account or issue executive summary status reporting both to customers and management.
Advocate customers’ product feature priorities internally, Contribute internally to the BayBridgeDigital team, share knowledge and best practices with team members.
Most successful candidates have extensive experience in Agencies or Big 4 consulting environments or within the industry as CIOs/SVPs/Directors and have earned MBAs.
Travel regularly (average of 50%), but may be higher or lower based on client assignment.
Expertise in Marketing, CRM, E-commerce, Artificial Intelligence, subscription economy will be appreciated
Inquisitive mind, endless curiosity and passion for learning about customers, industries and new approaches to doing things. How end users perform their jobs. Industry challenges and solutions
The full suite of BayBridgeDigital’s continuously evolving approach and expertise (SALESFORCE Sales cloud, Marketing cloud, CommerceCloud, ZUORA, VLOCITY,…
Innovations and best practices for delivering cloud solutions; Design thinking methodologies
Ability to translate vision and business issues into actionable roadmap and solutions
Strong self-starter with the ability to build a network within BayBridgeDigital and your assigned customer
Effectively build, develop, and manage relationships with internal and customer senior executives, setting expectations on their role as stakeholders vested in success.
Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating meetings and workshops
Matrix leadership: Motivate, inspire, and coordinate a blended team of BayBridgeDigital, Customer, ISV and System Integrators to solve customer challenges.
Ability to manage customer escalations (internally and externally) and negotiate resolution
Thrive in the unknown: creatively solve problems with limited input and resources in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Flawlessly execute consulting management activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
Genuine passion, interest, willingness and ability to adjust to continuously changing priorities and needs.
Capability as credible and effective C-level advisor/coach, especially with regards to change management (cultural, business and technical)
Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
Proven experience establishing and running large-scale program management offices
Familiarity with implementing and supporting enterprise solutions (CRM, ERP, etc.)
Excellent understanding of software delivery processes and methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, hybrid).
Collaborate with customers and system integrators to map out current state user workflows and functional architectures, evangelize the benefits of cloud-based technologies, and personalize the future state end-user workflow.
Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn
Knowledge of process automation, user experience, and workflow is a plus.
Consultative approach, including the ability to translate customer needs into user stories and prototypes.
Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of a customer’s technology organization: COO/CIO to business manager to administrator.
Excellent situational awareness – must be comfortable with dynamic customer environments and enthusiastically present our company.
Highly developed soft skills, such as listening, empathy, and the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
Strong teamwork and facilitation skills with the ability to:
Balance conversations within groups
Offer suggestions and improvements to process and work effectively with all personalities.
Drive towards building consensus
Genuine interest and passion for learning, educating and mentoring.