Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Inclusion and Diversity Manager, North America
- Conducts a comprehensive review of the current North American inclusion and diversity strategy, leveraging data and analytics, to identify gaps, operational challenges, key targets and objectives, and success factors.
- Creates a vision of what success (both short and longer-term) looks like, incorporating broad and narrow programming objectives, key partners and stakeholders, and appropriate methods for measuring results.
- Prioritizes and frames ongoing questions, issues, and solutions related to H&M’s inclusion and diversity strategy, and lead the internal conversation on future programming initiatives. Partners closely with H&M’s businesses to maximize opportunities for success.
- Leverages data and analytics, incorporates insights, continuous learning and measurement to determine all related program implementation
- Prioritizes and frames ongoing questions, issues, and solutions related to H&M’s local inclusion and diversity strategy, and leads the internal conversation on future programming initiatives.
- Works cross functionally across all departments to maximize opportunities for success.
- Informs and supports innovative global goals and programming that add greater value to H&M’s global-inclusion and diversity objectives
- In conjunction with Global lead, leads high-profile inclusion and diversity projects and has hands-on responsibility for the development and execution of these local initiatives, (i.e., increasing select candidate pipelines, identifying and launching new outreach partnerships, strengthening succession slates).
- Serve as H&M’s thought leader and champion for Inclusion and Diversity throughout North America, providing the organization with a clear, transformative vision for all related programming, and make sure that H&M’s inclusion and diversity priorities are strongly reflected and embedded in the local/Country strategies and tactical plans
- Serves as a lighthouse of expertise for the North American Function Head team, colleagues, and external partners, incorporating best practices and new innovations into all programming.
- Positions H&M as an industry leader and the standard of excellence that other organizations wish to emulate
- Shows the organization how to increase the hiring, development, and retention of underrepresented groups and deliver sustainable results at all levels across business units, especially at senior levels
- Defines milestones that rise to senior levels of the organization, with concrete and actionable deliverables that, in partnership with the various operating units, industry groups, and geographic units, complements the global inclusion and diversity strategy.
- Establishes accountability targets to be adopted across the various units with timeframes for specific results.
- Defines, enhances and creates tangible programs and initiatives: Seta measurable outcomes to increase levels of collaboration and innovation between employees, customers, partners and the communities where they live and work
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant business field required
- Minimum 7 years experience in Inclusion and Diversity field. Must have global or North American experience with Canada as well as US markets.
- The Inclusion & Diversity Manager, North America should be a visible and credible thought leader with significant expertise in creating highly competitive and inclusive workplaces and leading large-scale inclusion and diversity programs.
- A “voice of the people,” she/he should have a passion for inclusion and diversity, and be an empathetic leader with a demonstrated ability to listen and coach other leaders effectively.
- This experienced leader will have a track record of developing, operationalizing and implementing business strategies that ensure underrepresented groups are engaged at all levels and in all business areas.
- They should have experience operating within a similarly-sized and structured organization (such as retail, hospitality or restaurant), in a multi-unit, hourly/non-hourly and geographically-dispersed workforce.
- Proven track record of creating tangible, innovative strategies and successfully driving measurable outcomes in organizations that fundamentally champion inclusion in all aspects of talent management.
- Demonstrated transparency and accountability for results at all levels across business units so that hiring, retention and promotion outcomes are measurable, and leaders can incorporate results into strategic business planning ·
- Strategically-focused change management – an impactful leader who positively influences, inspires, and operationalizes sustainable change. An understanding of the micro and macro-level steps necessary to drive change is essential. Leadership/ Relationship Building
- Operates independently with minimal direction,
- Exhibits the stature and business maturity – demonstrates an authentic, natural leadership style
- Passionate, positive and confident, with the gravitas to be the subject-matter-expert in I&D and gain followership across the organization ·
- Solutions-oriented, able to think differently to come up with creative solutions where others see obstacles to achieving goals ·
- Able to present complex ideas and clearly articulate the risk/rewards, and offer well-thought-out solutions and recommendations
- Embraces continuous learning and demonstrates a natural curiosity and desire to engage with others on a broad range of topics
- Superb at communicating knowledge and earning credibility and trust at all levels of the organization, and influencing key partners in support of broader inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Ability to build relationships and leverage internal resources and gain cooperation in a highly-matrixed organizational environment
- Strong training and facilitation skills
The Wealth Management Diversity and Inclusion team is a critical component of the Wealth Management Organization and delivering the full firm to our clients. Our mission is to provide the thought leadership, tools and resources necessary to help the Firm achieve its goals of attracting, recruiting and advancing a diverse group of employees, and to drive inclusive behaviors and practices globally.
Role Summary: Assistant Vice President level role responsible for developing programs and initiatives in support of our diversity efforts.Key Responsibilities
- Partner with leadership and business units to develop and implement their D&I
- Ensure that the strategies address the areas that require focus, and
are practical and commercial
- Strong understanding of the metrics that matter and the levers required to
- Partner closely with other areas including Talent Management, Recruiting,
Data and Analytics, Employee Relations and Coverage to develop solutions
and other tools and resources
- Liaise with external organizations and professionals to develop relationships in
support of our diversity and inclusion goals
- Develop and support programs aimed to recruit, retain and advance diverse
talent in the organization
- Provide support on general Diversity & Inclusion projects as needed•Work with and advise employees in groups or individually on issues related to diversity and inclusion.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, Talent
Management or a consultancy focused on diversity and inclusion or talent
management preferred•Critical to the role is having a “consultant” mindset, strong partnership and relationship building skills and experience interacting with, advising and influencing HR, senior line leadership and employees at all levels.•Demonstrated ability to function in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities.•Highly analytical, organized and process driven.
- Implement and manage highly prioritized D&I objectives and initiatives, including learning and development, employee engagement and knowledge management;
- Research, recommend and support delivery of D&I learning and development programs for attorneys and professional staff, including identifying relevant topics, speakers and presentations;
- Develop inclusive content for internal and external communications that drive employee engagement, understanding and transparency regarding D&I;
- Maintain relevant global industry trends, benchmarks and current thinking on D&I
- Assist in analyzing key internal metrics related to D&I strategy;
- Supervise the maintenance of a database of D&I resources, programs, organizations, conferences and events.
- 4+ years related experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment; Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong project management experience working as part of cross-functional teams, from project design through implementation and ongoing assessment;
- Goal oriented, highly organized, proactive and resourceful with demonstrated ability to negotiate multiple stakeholders, Firm processes and scalability considerations to see projects through to completion;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to quickly build credibility and trust;
- Demonstrated interest in diversity and inclusion, preferably in a formal D&I, talent development or organizational management role;
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills; able to use technology to find solutions that drive efficiency and excellence in planning and implementation processes.