Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Senior Data Scientist (Remote-friendly)
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data team and help us ensure that we apply the best approaches to data analysis and research, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
What You’ll Like About Us:
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
- We are a data-driven company through and through.
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You:
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist in a similarly-sized organization, with a proven record of analysis and research that positively impacts your team.
- You have a superior knowledge of statistical analysis methods, such as input selection, logistic and standard regression, random forests, etc.
- You have extensive experience with pandas, numpy, and sklearn. Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or similar) is a plus
- You are capable of working with engineers to build an actual production system that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence. We don’t expect you to write production-quality code, but you should have some programming experience.
- You are comfortable with at least “medium data” technologies and how to transcend the “memory bound” nature of most analytics tools.
- You possess excellent SQL/relational algebra skills, ideally with at least a basic knowledge of how different types of databases (e.g.: column vs row storage) work.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Clearlink Partners is an industry leading medical management consultancy that is earning the reputation for asking the tough questions, listening well, and building high performing operational and technology teams that deliver superior results. Clearlink Partners offers clinical management services and solutions to both managed care organizations and health systems.
The is an individual contributor role that provides senior-level healthcare analysis for Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial lines of business. In this role, you will manage various sources of information and large data sets including member, pharmacy, claims, and encounter data to support Reporting and Analytics projects. You will also provide a strong link between the business customers and development team, gather and document requirements, perform analysis of data and conduct impact assessments and recommend solutions while staying current with industry regulations and trends.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Design innovative analytic methods that improve the accuracy or efficiency of the existing services while meeting the design requirements and project timelines.
- Analyze Healthcare data, including medical procedures, health conditions, and provider practices – with the ability to think logically and process sequentially with a high level of detailed accuracy.
- Apply statistical, predictive modeling and/or data mining techniques to support analytical solutions.
- Experience building algorithms and rules associated with NCCI, DRG and APC audits.
- Assist in the successful completion of deliverables and ensure all requirements are accurately met.
- Ensure that consistent documentation is developed and actively maintained throughout all phases of work.
- Adhere to industry standards and regulations when developing and maintaining analytic products including, but not limited to, algorithms, predictive models, and risk adjustment models.
- Become a subject matter expert on our data, processes, and business methodologies.
- Develop specifications for needed data structures and execute plans for exploratory analysis of data.
- Actively support on-boarding new team members concerning analytic activities and company policies.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Social Science (e.g., Economics, Statistics), or related area.
- Minimum 3 years of data analysis / Data Mining
- Thorough knowledge Data Mining and algorithm development for new concepts to include inpatient, outpatient and complex claims.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant analytical experience in the healthcare industry.
- Strong background in data analytics, predictive modeling, delivery systems, and current regulatory developments in the industry.
- Proficient in database applications, including extraction and querying skills. Proficient using SQL to extract data. Substantial understanding and experience with government programs with a focus on Medicare and Commercial lines of business.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Well-organized with the ability to identify priorities and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Problem solver, resourceful, quick learner, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse group of stakeholders including executives, managers, clients, and subject matter experts
- Serve as a thought-partner for Product Managers and Engineering Managers in influencing the ads roadmap and strategy by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- Deeply understand ad auctions and how bid densities affect CPMs, CPCs and revenue
- Develop familiarity with managed/reserved, takeover and self-serve environments and specific interplays amongst those ads.
- Help improve the team’s understanding of ads targeting, ads pacing, frequency capping, underdelivery and other aspects related to ads delivery.
- Develop models to improve ads performance and advertiser ROI
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and partners including PMs, Engineers, Solution Engineers and Sales.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Masters degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science)
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably for a consumer-facing service/app
- 2+ years of experience in online advertising
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)