Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Manager, Global Consumer Insights- Viacom
- Work with the Director to design, field, coordinate, analyze and disseminate qualitative and quantitative research projects including surveys, focus groups, online research, ethnographies, and trend analyses
- Work with the Director to support the overall business in insights projects as the expertise center through best practice and thought leadership; where required, act as project manager for primary projects when called upon
- Create insights presentations using both primary and secondary data sources (e.g. Hub Entertainment Research, Parks Associates, eMarketer, MRI or other third-party research vendors) that tell compelling, strategic stories about consumer behavior
- Serve as a valuable resource for consumer trends, attitudes and media behaviors
- Assist with evaluation, training, access and roll-out of current and future syndicated research tools, subscriptions and insights systems used across the company
- Execute on some delegated RFP processes and administrative tasks for primary research projects including Purchase Orders, Finance and Legal
- Work closely with brand and international teams to leverage developments, systems and processes where possible as well as roll out information/projects
- 4+ years of experience in consumer insights, preferably in the media space
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be fluent in MS Office; possess expertise with PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with syndicated reporting databases and tools such as MRI, YouGov, IMS Clear Decisions
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to find and tell a clear story based on data
- Self-starter who is energetic & enthusiastic, adaptable & customer-oriented
- Naturally curious, collaborative and passionate about consumer behavior and the media industry
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- High attention to detail and accuracy, with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to manage and work both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in digital, social, emerging technology
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
The Penguin Random House Consumer Insights (CI) team seeks a skilled analyst who can mine insights about our readers from diverse data sources, and translate those insights into actionable business recommendations for our publishers.
As part of the CI Publisher Success team, you will support editors, marketers, and publicists across Penguin Random House, using data to help us understand, and connect with, our readers. The Consumer Insights team is growing rapidly, and the Analyst will be at the forefront of a reader-centric, insights-led culture.
- Analyze multiple quantitative and qualitative data sources to discover insights that support business needs.
- Combine insights with a strong understanding of the business to craft thought-provoking reports with recommendations tailored to varying publishing roles and use cases.
- Write regular features highlighting larger consumer trends.
- Build close relationships with colleagues in the corporate marketing team and across publishing divisions.
- In collaboration with the CI Team, identify emerging trends relevant to publishers and readers.
- 2+ years’ experience as a research analyst or relevant publishing industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and experience using primary and secondary research.
- Social listening and data visualization experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, with a focus on data storytelling: connecting data with business applications.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize projects and clients in a fast-paced environment.
- A curious, open mind and collaborative nature.
- Demonstrated client or account relationship building is a plus.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
As the Consumer Insights Analyst, you will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with partners to develop the Barnes & Noble brand and growth strategies. You are a trusted adviser and thought leader to the business. You are familiar with the fundamental Insight and research methodologies, tools and techniques and understand the proper application and interpretation of such techniques, as well as possess a demonstrated ability to apply to business solutions.
- Co-lead the Insights agenda across business units, helping to provide strategic direction by unlocking data-driven, actionable insights.
- Execute research plans against business objectives, timelines and budget.
- Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects.
- Help manage panel, design questionnaires, send out surveys, and synthesize learning.
- Work closely with marketing team and provide insights to guide communication efforts.
- Solid knowledge of research methodologies, curious to learn and experiment.
- Experience assessing the latest macro cultural/retail trends as well as its application to business solutions.
- Ability to translate consumer understanding to insight.
- Ability to apply research to address business challenges.
- Collaboration / teamwork skills.
- 2-3 years experience as a consumer research professional; either in packaged goods or retail
- Bachelor’s Degree required/Advanced Degree preferred
- Lead qualitative and quantitative creative research for large marketing campaigns and help optimize creative accordingly
- Develop questionnaires, sample and data analysis plans, screeners, discussions guides, and reporting
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights for the marketing team
- Own “View of the Consumer” for a specific Peloton product
- Partner with the brand lead to help drive effectiveness of our biggest marketing efforts
- Collaborate with the Director of Brand Strategy & Consumer Insights on certain strategic projects (e.g., consumer segmentation, consumer lifecycle research, and go-to-market/ messaging research)
- Leverage a mix of vendors and primary research to always keep pulse on consumer desires
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (hands-on quantitative research experience is required)
- Analytical mindset with an understanding of the marketing landscape
- Must be an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to juggle an array of tasks
- Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.