Here are a few sample job advertisements for some of these roles…
Creation of a collaborative environment amongst our members through events and personal introductions.
Maintenance of 100% occupancy by achieving sales goals, and managing churn.
Driving growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings.
Maintaining company standards and expectations.
Managing building KPI’s.
Community Management & Events:
Manage all building operations and communicate with market support to ensure highest level of member satisfaction.
Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walkthroughs.
Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations.
Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations and other issues of complexity.
Oversee events to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, and lead generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members and company assets.
Proactively gather data on members’ business objectives and identify both WeWork and member services that could help members achieve their objectives.
Seek opportunities to engage members to discover and discuss members’ objectives, i.e. using member service request as an opportunity to learn more about members, member’s business and any other needs member may have.
Identify opportunities and act on them to connect members.
Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience.
Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of greater community.
Resolve member complaints regarding other members through neutral fact investigation and process termination of membership when warranted.
Explain WeWork policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to: membership agreement and billing procedures.
Take responsibility for sales and community dynamics.
Conduct tours to work towards and maintain 100% building occupancy when Community Leads are unavailable.
Lead tours for VIPs, i.e. guests of WeWork.
Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations.
Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords.
Make recommendations to Physical Product and Head of Community and Operations on any repairs, maintenance, or updates required in your building.
Analyze tickets by area to identify and resolve issues presented, i.e. insufficient cleaning staff, repeating IT-related failures, malfunctioning conference room equipment, etc.
Set priorities using ticket data and clearly communicate adjustments to team.
Produce comprehensive quality control reports that allow all stakeholders to improve member experience.
Review all base building documents to ensure the data is updated and accurate.
Supervise move-ins and move-outs for quality experience.
Review daily reports and work with team to finalize weekly and monthly reports that outline community and sales progress.
Expense management for the building.
Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans.
Manage a team within a building to reach sales goals and execute on their objectives as an individual and a team.
Lead professional development within team and make recommendations to promote current employees.
Perform weekly one-on-one meetings to track individual performance.
Oversee and keep team up to date with process changes.
Oversee team including performance management reviews.
Experience & Requirements
College graduate with a four-year degree.
Customer service and sales experience required.
Project management and business operations experience required.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Cold-outreach experience a plus.
Understanding and experience managing a team of more than two people.
Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities.
Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values.
General Manager – New York
New York City, NY, US
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people’s growing desire to live more mobile lives — while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things — we strive to create an experience where all that guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 3,000 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 400 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
We are currently recruiting a General Manager based in our offices in New York.
The GM position is one of the most exciting and impactful roles at Blueground. As the leader of New York office and a member of Blueground’s global leadership team, you will own your P&L and manage all business activities: from hiring your team, to on-boarding and marketing units, to building strong relationships with the local real estate industry. You will be responsible for scaling and owning the New York market. If you like ownership, leadership and hustling, while being very strategic and analytical in your approach, this is the right role for you.
What you will focus on:
- Owning the P&L for Blueground’s New York business
- Building and scaling a best-in-class team for real estate partnerships, operations, sales and client experience
- Defining city priorities and goals, and managing performance on a monthly and quarterly basis by setting relevant KPIs and incentive structure
- Identifying unexplored opportunities and adapting the business model to local requirements, taking into account local regulatory constraints
- Staying actively educated on New York real estate trends to adapt and refine leasing strategy
- Shaping and sharing best practices with the rest of the network towards the constant efficiency improvement of our global operations.
- Being the face of Blueground in New York – local PR and networking events
- Collaborating with Product, Marketing and Technology teams to meet the needs of local market
What we are looking for:
- Relevant experience (at least 5 years) in leadership roles and ideally managing own P&L and building a high-performing team
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Analytical and data-driven decision making
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Stock options plan
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the center of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Achieve results and goals in all aspects of food, beverage, service, hospitality, operations and financial performance including but not limited to the following:
- Financial Goals and Performance
- Marketing/Social Media Initiatives
- Health and Safety Compliance
- Purchasing Efficiencies
- Production Systems
- Best in class programs and events
- Durst brand alignment
- Manage relationships with amenities vendors.
- Establish and maintain business relationships necessary for the successful operation of the amenity spaces and ensure effective coordination across internal departments and with external stakeholders.
- Direct business to achieve high performance.
- Prepare detailed report of exceptions, customer service complaints/ issues, and recommend and take corrective action based on goals and contract requirements.
- Utilize F&B experience to continuously assess, analyze, improve operational effectiveness, and achieve overall business operational plans.
- Proactively manage facility by conducting regular needs assessments, refining processes and regularly reviewing quality control and safety programs, operational and capital budgets, and conducing tenant satisfaction audits. Quality controls may include proactive customer surveys and periodic tenant contact outreach, a customer feedback log, mystery shops, constant onsite inspections, audit/ verify sustainability practices and ensure sufficient product inventory. Regularly evaluate food and beverage for quality.
- Establish a tenant feedback loop to assess vendor performance and amenity performance.
- Investigate complaints regarding facility operation and resolve satisfactorily.
- Assure all projects comply with Durst Organization Management standards.
- Develop yearly operations plan including capital improvement projects and vendor assessments.
- Provide frequent operations reports to management on amenities space and vendor progress and milestones.
- Participate in creative process to enhance tenant/ resident experience and establish the Durst amenities brand.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and guests through telephone, written, electronic, and in-person communications.
- Ensure amenities team, included vendors, partners, etc. are properly trained in providing superior customer service.
- Apply best practices in the interpretation and compliance of all policies, rules and regulations.
- Hold operators accountable by ensuring that they are performing their responsibilities effectively, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure a high level of customer service and guest satisfaction throughout the operation.
- Work with TDO F&B purchasing decision makers to ensure strategic TDO purchasing, in particular where appropriate in support of the amenity space operations.
- Oversee Amenity Department program and event staff to ensure innovative, best in class engagement initiatives at various properties.
- In partnership with other Durst departments and stakeholders, develop and implement company-wide customer service and hospitality training initiatives
- All other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in Amenities, Marketing, Events, or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise
- Proven ability in Business & Industry, food and beverage experience
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership, organization and management experience
- Experienced and proven record of financial reporting/P&L management
- Proven vendor/partnership management abilities
- Event and conference management experience
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Marketing and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to provide and lead a team regarding guest service capabilities
- Logistical planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to multi-tasking and prioritize
- Excellent initiative & follow through skills
- Attention to detail
- POS system expertise preferred but not required
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Proven work record of safe work practices and efficient time management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, driven with an overall commitment to excellence
- Have the ability to think quickly and accurately, be able to evaluate problems and make appropriate recommendations to person(s) involved
Greystar, the nation’s largest multifamily residential management company and industry leader, is hiring an experienced Community Manager (Property Manager / General Manager) to join our team and oversee a portfolio of apartment communities in Brooklyn, NY!
Ideal candidates should have a minimum of three years’ experience as a Manager of Class A multifamily apartment communities, ideally overseeing multiple buildings in the NYC market. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Additionally, candidates must be organized and possess strong computer skills. Extensive knowledge of Yardi or Onesite (based on business need) and community budgeting with an exceptional background in financial reporting is also required.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as opportunity for advancement. Visit our website at www.greystar.com . EOE
The Community Manager manages the day-to-day operations of an assigned property including managing the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
To supervise all phases of on-site operations:
- Handles emergency situations.
- Develops and implements new strategies and programs designed to ensure long-term residency.
- Oversees collection of revenues and handles delinquent accounts.
- Makes regular inspections of apartment communities.
- Handles evictions and landlord liens.
- For all on-site personnel, is responsible for training and job performance.
- Hires and terminates hourly personnel.
- Determines transitions and promotions for on-site personnel.
- Adheres to and implements all company policies.
- Audits the lease files.
- Implements scheduled rent increases.
- Oversees payment of invoices.
- Assists in budget preparation.
- Monitors parking lot for unauthorized vehicles.
- Motivates staff.
- Informs residents of work progress or delays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of business discipline are required.
- 3+ years’ experience as a manager of a luxury multifamily community.
- Experience with lease-up properties and luxury amenities desired
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the property’s operation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Strong proficiency in using property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site).
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to hire, lead, direct, evaluate, and manage subordinate and team members, including maintenance specialists.
High School diploma, GED or an employment history that demonstrates the application of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to manage the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, resolve customer complaints and issues, complete financial records, documents, and reports, increase sales revenues, and coordinate the word of a team.
Greystar is a fully integrated real estate company, specializing in management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry. Established over 30 years ago, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Currently, the Company manages over 400,000 apartment homes, in 150 markets globally. Greystar was ranked 1st among the top 50 U.S. Apartment Managers, according to the 2015 National Multifamily Housing Council. The dedication of Greystar’s team members has contributed to the Company’s long-term success. Greystar’s commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making the Company one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies.
Join the leader in the multifamily real estate industry and begin your career with a company you can call home.
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Curate the Convene Workplace hospitality experience by providing concierge services and unique convene events. Create thematic events that combine a sense of community, music, fitness and other popular practices by transforming office common areas into an energized hot-spot. Invite guests to attend events that exceed their expectations. This role will support Convene Core Values by redefining the work environment to enable the professional residents make connections and shrink the gap between work/life balance.
Duties & Functions
- Alert Communications Manager and appropriate staff as issues arise and work with staff to resolve issues.
- Work with Communications Manager to develop and implement community promotion and engagement strategies and tactics as they relate to the communications division and the organization’s strategic goals.
- Work with Social Media Specialist, Membership, Marketing, and other divisions to coordinate community postings as appropriate across the organization’s other digital channels.
- Communicate and promote new community features or procedures to members and staff.
- Contribute to related communication vehicles and ensure the integration of community for promotion and awareness building.
- Promote and evangelize community activities internally.
- Maintain a Responder List of members and/or staff who can be reached quickly to respond to specific questions.
- Network with community members and identifies Community Champions.
- Work behind the scenes to ensure engagement.
- Develop and maintain community program resources, guidelines, and policies.
- Train other staff on how to participate and engage in the community.
- Train and empower Community Champions to participate on a more significant engagement level.
- Monitor and measure the success of community engagement.
- Make dining and other reservations, and obtain tickets for events, for tenants.
- Provide information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Engage with tenants and honor requests as needed to enable workplace hospitality environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of Hospitality/Community and/or Concierge and/or experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work independently and as a a team member
- Extravert, High Emotional IQ, Comfort in Social Environments
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Workplace Experience Manager
The Workplace Experience Manager is the ambassador for the client experience program. The Manager shall be responsible for ensuring service excellence and enhanced experience for the users and occupants within the workplace. The Manager shall provide assistance within the Facilities team through tools & processes to ensure a positive workplace experience each day. The Manager will design and deliver a program that meets client expectations and business requirements and will manage and oversee dining operations, fitness, and the occupant experience, among others and act as the liaison between vendor partners and the client, managing the relationship with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional skills in customer service, strong knowledge of the local community, and the ability to support facilities management professionals in a faced-paced environment. Integral to the role is providing overall leadership and oversight of professionals in the program to manage governance and delivery of services pursuant to the requirements of the account. This individual is expected to deliver superior strategic planning and execution of occupant services, dining and fitness programs and concepts for all client employees by integrating vendor and firm resources.
In addition, the purpose of this position is to provide management/leadership for the facilities organization at a specific facility, set of buildings, or campus environment. The position is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the occupants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the client’s goals and objectives. The position coordinates the activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Work with the entire Facility Management team to build and deliver best in class employee experiences in the workplace that in turn promote efficiency, productivity, and peak performance.
Provide occupants with information regarding the work environment and support existing and transitioning occupants within the workplace environment. This includes supporting protocols, culture & etiquette.
Design and implement guidelines and best practices for building occupants to optimize their experience.
Continuously evaluate and identify innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery to maximize the employee experience.
Communicate required information to employees, executives, facilities management, landlord, and Cushman & Wakefield account management, as needed.
Regularly assess space readiness, ensuring workspaces, conference rooms, and offices are occupant ready.
Ensure C&W account team members greet employees and guests with utmost courtesy and urgency to provide hands-on assistance when required. Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
Ensure complaints, questions, concerns and suggestions are addressed and conduct follow-up, if needed.
Provide “White Glove” service to Executives by meeting/greeting executive visitors to the assigned floor / area and escorting them to their destination and ensuring prompt and efficient follow up on any issues/ requests.
Primary point of contact with dining and fitness service providers, managing vendor relationship, driving service excellence
Provide strategic focus and support to achievement of client’s Health and Wellness Best in Class Vision
Provide strategic guidance and operational insights on high visibility projects
Build effective, collaborative and respectful relationships with all stakeholders
Oversee annual and interim reviews of staff, including development of staff
Identify, develop, and implement strategic plans, cost savings opportunities, and service enhancements
Develop service delivery strategies, structure service delivery model, and evaluate alternative pricing scenarios, along with developing long term strategic plans
Develop building initiatives designed to create connections between occupants and share information regarding local attractions, events (concerts, theatre, sporting events, special events, etc.), and news (road closures, traffic patterns, weather issues, etc.).
Work to ensure contracts, and associated operating budgets are defined and established.
Collaborate with stakeholders to obtain Voice of the Customer data to capture service needs.
- Technical Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with individuals at all levels
- Detail oriented, confident, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Conflict management skills with ability to work under pressure, while acting in a calm manner
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required Passion for building communities and connecting individuals
- Experience with domestic health and safety regulations.
- Expertise regarding layout and design experience in process improvement, i.e., Six Sigma or comparable discipline.
- Experience in project management, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.