Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role:
Director, Commercial Strategy
This team member will work with Sales and Company leadership to define, build and measure the impact of key initiatives that grow the Sales organization and revenue. This role will partner with senior sales leadership to build out the schema, metrics, analytics, and processes that will power the growth engine at Zocdoc. Individuals who succeed in this role are excited by ambiguity and are able to create processes while working cross-functionally throughout the Company. This role will be the central point of contact keeping various projects and initiatives in flight, ensuring that teams have the needed support and resources. As the team grows, this individual will shape the scope, function, and team members to maximize impact. This team will become a foundation component of a fast-growing Sales organization driving Company growth.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Sales and Company leadership to drive sales initiatives while supporting Enterprise and Inside Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success teams
- Lead the effort to improve sales lead enrichment, pipeline management, forecasting, analytics, and innovation functions
- Support the development of tools and dashboards that provide critical sales reporting to both team members and leadership
- Partner with under-performing units to diagnose, problem solve, and oversee the implementation of measures to ensure targets are met
- Become a subject matter expert for all things Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success at Zocdoc to serve as a resource for team and Company leadership
- Support teams such as Business Operations, Finance, Product, and Product Marketing by serving as a knowledge center for the Sales team
- Shape and build Operations & Enablement team as needs arise by creating business cases and identifying Sales support needs
- Report to leadership on progress across initiatives, forecasts, metrics, and key focus areas of the business
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Proven past success building out teams and processes; SaaS experience a plus
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- A 4-year college degree
We’re looking for an experienced pharma manger with a strong background in pharma strategy and specifically commercial strategy. A strong knowledge of reimbursement, pricing, policy and regulatory trends is a plus. We are looking for someone to join our company and help lead the establishment of a new business unit which will focus on developing and positioning Syqe Inhaler to be a novel drug delivery system capable of delivering accurate doses of different molecules through inhalation.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to analyze market opportunities, create forecasts, develop business strategies and work closely with our product and R&D team and provide an accurate market data and regulatory requirements. You should also have prior experience with Identifying, analyzing and developing relationships with potential customers or business partners within the pharma industry.
· Analyze and map market trends, regulation changes and competitor actions to identify and develop new business opportunities within the drug delivery space.
· Develop market and product strategies.
· Identify target molecules and partner opportunities.
· Identify, analyze and develop relationships with potential business partners.
· Evaluate and identify potential joint ventures/licensing deals.
· Support the development of business strategies.
· Establish relationships with potential customers, KOLs or business partners.
· Provide Syqe’s Product and R&D teams an accurate and detailed information of market needs and regulatory requirements, work closely with the teams in order to develop the relevant products on time.
· 5-10 years of pharma industry experience
· Advanced degree (MBA, PHD, MPH etc.)
· Experience developing product or company strategy
· Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations
· Knowledge/experience in pharma BD or M&A
· Solid understanding of market dynamics, industry trends, regulation, and business environment.
· Goal oriented, innovative, proactive with strong execution skills
· Proven ability to establish productive interface with other company internal teams, including, Product, sales, marketing, R&D; great team-player
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director to join our Strategy practice.
- Serving as a key advisor, identify and direct enterprise-wide strategy projects and oversee execution of deliverables related to Pricing Strategy and Commercial Excellence
- Define and implement competitive pricing strategies based on business and financial objectives, market/competitive analyses, and pricing capabilities
- Participate in business development for external clients in Pricing and Commercial Strategy
- Lead cross functional teams in developing and implementing strategic roadmaps, manage key engagement interviews and research, and facilitate workshops, while advising and earning the title of trusted advisor
- Act as the primary team interface with various levels of executives and lead the presentation of final deliverables
- Participate in professional development of KPMG team members and assist with recruiting and training new staff
- A minimum of eight years of experience in external advisory consulting related to pricing and commercial strategy
- Experience at a major strategy, boutique strategy or Big 4 consulting firm, ideally having driven at least four pricing projects independently for a duration of 6+ months, bringing deep expertise in the TMT industry sector
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field; Master s degree in Business Administration from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Deep experience in sales (SFE, sales compensation) or marketing (brand, personalization, return on investment), Pricing Strategy, and leveraging data analytics
- Successful history of leading Pricing projects across comprehensive pricing stages: diagnostics, pricing strategy development, implementation and enablement
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships with senior clients in a professional services environment and communicating results/building consensus among various stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience using advanced analytical techniques (such as Alteryx and Tableau, along with various pricing software packages); strong hypothesis driven approach and execution skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
What you’ll be doing…
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. We are building a future using technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
New Business Incubation at Verizon is responsible for identifying and growing new opportunities above the network.’ We challenge ourselves to solve difficult customer problems, leveraging and expanding Verizon capabilities and assets.Our N204 unit is the tip of the arrow for New Business Incubation, and consists of an all-star team of artists and analysts, chefs and coders, dancers and design thinkers. This diverse brain trust is responsible for challenging the status quo, looking beyond the horizon, and making the future real. We work in radical collaboration models across Verizon, and externally in the broader technology ecosystem. Want to change the world? This is where it happens!
- Research and analyze diverse industries, technologies, companies, markets, and business models.
Develop an informed POV on how the market will evolve over five years.
Create actionable structures and definitions for new markets.
Identify target buyers & their pain points.
Assess the competitive landscape, and understand direct and non-traditional competitors, as well as substitutes.
Prioritize segments based on strategic fit, market attractiveness, and competitive intensity.
Conceptualize offerings & associated architectures, and their value propositions.
Perform capability gap analysis & identify organic and inorganic options.
Structure and lead proof-of-concept and/or pilot engagements with technology and business partners.
Gather proof points from in-market testing and refine market entry and solution strategy.
Manage the creation of a detailed financial model to support overall strategic plan and investment requests.
- Craft and deliver actionable recommendations to Senior Leadership.
What we’re looking for…
You are outcomes-driven, smart, hard-working, and fun to be around. You thrive on new challenges, and are excited by the prospect of mastering new things. You can be creative and visionary, but are able to roll up your sleeves to structure a project plan, develop a financial model, or craft a presentation. You are comfortable leading and following. You are confident enough to voice well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and their views with respect.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Willingness to travel.
- Experience building and commercializing technology-enabled solutions.
Even better if you have:
- MBA or advanced degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Environmental.
Ability to conduct multi-modal research, to synthesize structured and unstructured data.
Broad financial acumen including knowledge of valuation methodologies and ability to develop financial models.
Organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and time-management skills.
Experience with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software.
Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
Carried a quota or held P&L responsibility.
Technical expertise across a wide range of technologies including DevOps, Cloud, and Machine Learning.
Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Agile / PMP Ninja – proven ability to manage complex programs on time and on budget.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Chief Commercial Officer
Imagine working for a company with a mission you can truly believe in, a playful and energetic kids-at-heart culture, a talented team of coworkers, and a bright future! Melissa & Doug, the global toy company committed to making childhood a time for imagination and wonder, is looking for a Chief Commercial Officer. Reporting to our CEO and Co-Founder (Doug), you’ll be an essential part of our mission to inspire children all over the world to discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose through open-ended play!
Melissa and Doug began working out of a garage in 1988, creating toys that ignite imagination and a sense of wonder in children. While the company has grown to a family of thousands of products and more than 600 employees, it still has the heart of a start-up in its non-traditional culture and entrepreneurial ideas. Such unconventionality has fueled its presence in more than 100 countries and enabled its toys to be enjoyed by more than 60m families, becoming the #1 parent recommended toy brand for creativity and learning. We are approaching $1BB at retail annually yet the quality of every toy, the experience of every child, and the trust of every parent remain the centerpiece of everything we do.
Although every role at Melissa & Doug is abounding with endless possibility, this is especially true for the CCO position. You will help us bring the mission to life for consumers, parents and children around the world, by maximizing our opportunities to reach more households through a robust sales and marketing strategy, delivered through operational excellence. This is so much more than building brands and developing a channel strategy, this is changing the lives of children by promoting childhoods rife with open ended play, creativity and FUN! Our brand stands for timelessness, imagination and connection, with toys that inspire children to explore and discover the extra-ordinary in the ordinary.
This position requires someone with a proven track record of disrupting the status quo, building high performance teams and delivering sustainable results. Our CCO will have the agility to pivot between diverse teams and business functions and lead with emotional intelligence, curiosity and a truly entrepreneurial mindset. As the visionary for the many bright minds and talented individuals in our ecommerce, marketing and sales groups who believe deeply in our mission, you will need to roll up your sleeves and work shoulder to shoulder to make our vision a reality. It will involve unparalleled grit and resourcefulness to bring our ideas to life in new and innovative ways.
As a member of our executive leadership team you will share in a deep commitment to uphold our values of respect, authenticity, honesty and collaboration while role modeling work ethic, humility and kindness. You will bring an innate sense of what is right and show conviction in holding us all to a high standard. As a senior leader you will bring business and financial acumen, strong results and people agility and be able to embrace our very unique and dynamic culture. As an enterprise leader you will own your area of expertise, while contributing to all other enablers of our business success.
You will be equal part strategic thinker and exemplary executer with a genuine desire to build and grow our cherished brand. This will include understanding foundational sales and marketing principles and practices, but translating them to the unique Melissa & Doug brand essence to cascade through both traditional and non-traditional channels.
- Lead our global Sales functions across multiple channels and geographies and their supporting cast of Analytics, Customer Care, Performance Marketing, Integrated e-commerce and Digital resources
- Partner with the Chief Creative Officer & Co-Founder (Melissa) to leverage our vast portfolio across new and existing retail segments, develop new categories for continued growth, and expand our International business based on unique market and consumer needs
- Collaborate with our Mission, Merchant, Product Development, and Supply Chain teams to build brilliant category management and merchandising plans that amplify and showcase the brand across all retail channels.
- Evaluate our “go to market” and channel strategies and work as part of a collective team to develop the launch and distribution plans for new items.
- Be a key contributor towards the delivery of our global P&L ambitions by leading our customer investment strategy while extending our geographical reach and European expansion
- Architect an operationally excellent organization that will help us build to a billion and beyond!
- Maintain and accelerate our 31 years of consecutive revenue growth through improved planning & forecasting, customer investment management, improved market penetration and cost-effective customer acquisition.
- Develop clear performance expectations and objectives against commercial forecasts and hold the organization accountable for delivering our top and bottom line goals
- Responsibly protect the heritage, quality and safety of our brand by never cutting corners or taking any decision that is contrary to our mission
- Bring winning strategies and experience driving e-commerce (most especially with Amazon) and identifying new business development opportunities
- Have an innate ability to inspire and mobilize your direct team and supporting functions for the greater good of the business and our Mission
- Build talent and teams through demonstrated success in developing people and tapping into the motivation of your global team through cultural flexibility and a heightened sensitivity to create real inclusion.
Ultimately, you will bring extensive (15+ years) Retail (or Consumer Packaged Goods) knowledge and experience to deeply appreciate that there is no one right path to success and you will listen, learn and seek to understand the unique culture and brand we have built, partnering with us to amplify our purpose, expand our presence and win the hearts and minds of parents throughout the world. As a bold and astute influencer, you will help us to gain momentum and traction with our retailers, our ecommerce partners and millions of consumers and caregivers.
We believe play is essential to optimal cognitive, social and emotional development, with traditional toys being the conduit to nourishing these skills. We genuinely care about children and believe a childhood rich with exploration is essential to a lifetime of fulfillment!
A playful attitude and the ability to readily access the child within are non-negotiable!
Melissa & Doug is not only an equal opportunity employer, we work hard to sustain and enhance the natural and organic inclusivity that is fostered every day, by every employee. We don’t do this because anyone tells us this is important, we do it because we genuinely want every person who comes to work here to be treated with respect and dignity and to be comfortable being their most authentic, genuine selves.
We hire for character, kindness, humanity, moral fiber and experience…therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to meeting you!
Chief Commercial Officer siParadigm Diagnostic informatics – Pine Brook, NJ 07058
Created on Nov 15, 2019
Do you have a solid grasp of how to build a fully integrated sales-marketing system and do you have an innovative marketing approach? Are you actively participating and staying abreast of healthcare industry trends? Do you understand the managed care and managed payer market? Do you have empirical knowledge on how to drive an effective sales force and grow a specialty pathology healthcare business both horizontally and vertically? Have you had oversight of over 10 plus sales team members where you were accountable for the monitoring, measuring and rewarding of your team?
If you are looking for an opportunity to direct and manage a specialty pathology diagnostics business with focus on the Hematology-Oncology market, we have the opportunity for you, with an informal rapidly growing transformational quality leader in the specialty pathology health services sector.
Create an integrate a sales and marketing program
Build sales team and manage the sales process
Build a documented sales system and provide leadership for your sales team
Maintain market expertise
Market and brand
Location: Pine Brook, New Jersey
Compensation: 200k base, target total compensation $300-400k (open ended)
Position Type: Full Time
Demonstrated track record of success in managing a rapidly growing medical laboratory
BA in a related filed, MBA preferred
Ability to execute – holding yourself and your team responsible for results
Strong organizational management skills – motivator
Ability to set priorities and drive execution
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to position solutions by thinking “out of the box” and creating opportunity where none may appear to exist.
Ability to break down barriers in order to locate and/or create revenue opportunities
Ability to build C-suite relationships, key department relationships and align strategic lead products with customer strategic initiatives, objectives and goals.
Experience with overseeing deals, managing and directing resources to win department/ clinical, informatics/ C-Suite level buy-in.
Ability to learn quickly, grasp information and apply it to a given situation inside a customer problem or planning process.
Ability to learn about hospital direction and concerns from any sources including the media, partners, coaches, etc.
Exceptional presentation skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $200,000.00 to $400,000.00 /year
- Sales Management: 10 years (Required)
- Demonstrable Execution: 10 years (Required)
- Clinical Laboratory Sales: 10 years (Required)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- 25% (Required)
- Willing to Work on Weekends and available 24×7
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
Join a team that has responsibility to develop an overall strategy to measure, track, and shape the Honeywell Connected Enterprise product and services portfolio based on market metrics, product line performance and life cycle. You will screen and identify sales and product strategies to drive growth, while maximizing profitability. You will lead the determination of growth areas and where to invest research and development dollars to grow within the market space, as well as identifying areas for targeted inorganic growth that will shape and balance the HCE Portfolio. This position will have 15% overnight travel.
- Develop strategic initiatives
- Manage long-term strategy planning
- Convey complex market issues
- Lead market analysis
- Coach & mentor team members
- Coach & mentor team members in a matrix org structure
- Execute special strategy development projects spanning organic, inorganic growth and profitability
- Implementation of growth initiatives
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 plus years of top tier management consulting experience or equivalent corporate strategy
- 3 plus years in commercial functions (marketing, sales, go-to-market)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline
- MBA preferred (top tier)
- Experience in enterprise cloud software and IoT
- Strong sales acumen
- Strong financial & portfolio management & analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to leverage analytical tools (Microsoft Suite/PowerPoint and Excel)
- Business acumen and knowledge of financial metrics.
- Strong leadership skills
- Executive level written/verbal communication skills
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) position has been created to increase our obsessive, relentless focus on our customer while we experience growth. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for all commercial activities as well as all customer touch points (such as sales, marketing, and customer support) for North America.
The CCO is expected to further accelerate the organization’s growth trajectory by leveraging existing and future technology innovations, corporate branding, strategies. The right candidate will approach this opportunity recognizing how to leverage the existing talents and assets within the company.
- Bring an obsessive customer focus building and enhancing customer relationships,
- Collaborative mindset to both short-term initiatives and long-term strategic planning.
- Develop, manage and execute processes, people, and strategies that make a measurable impact in IntelliCentrics growth.
- Demonstrated leadership required for our transformational endeavor driving performance, execution, accountability while remaining obsessive about our customers. Creative problem solving through anticipation of customers’ requests by understanding the customers challenges.
- Deep understanding and experience in gathering critical information and using it to develop complex business solutions that anticipate and creatively solve customer problems while demonstrating a deep understanding and experience in the execution of their ideas.
- Proven ability to understand business needs and customers’ needs simultaneously
- Keen eye on our position in the market, staying 3 steps ahead of the competitive landscape.
- Direct connection of short-term goals with the annual operating plans, as well as longer term strategies.
- Ability to advance with the strategy, while also understanding beyond the plan filling in the operational voids to ensure customer satisfaction through discipline and accountability.
- Understanding and always behaves consistent with requirements of a public company.
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Review performance against operating plans, analyze market conditions.
- Make others around you better by your leadership, development of your team members, allowing them to grow in lock step with the company’s growth allowing us to promote from within.
- Responsible for growth across the organization by new customer acquisition as well as cross selling the full array of IntelliCentrics solutions to existing customers.
- Disciplined, pragmatic, innovative mindset. We believe these are complimentary.
- Demonstrate the attributes of a lifelong learner.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills are required.
- Must contribute in a meaningful way at the start and sustain the contribution. Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated successful financial/business acumen.
- Strategic minded with the ability to execute business plans.
- Must possess a marketing bias and demonstrate creative problem solving to accomplish a variety of goals and be results-driven. Strong analytical and mathematics skills.
- Must be adaptable to change – flexible, constant effective course correction will be required to achieve success.
- Public company experience is very desirable – essential for relating to our customers.
- Exposure to foreign markets, Asia and Europe primarily, to understand the sensitivities that exist.
Education & Experience
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or equivalent field of study, MBA preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience, with 5 in an executive leadership level position, such as general manager or vice president
- Commercial Development, Commercial Analytics and Insights, Business Operations, and Alliance Management/PMO.
- Lead Commercial Analytics and Operations capabilities within the US, including the establishment of teams to lead forecasting, market research, commercial planning, data strategy, and Commercial Development.
- Establish an innovative culture that fosters the development of objective data-driven approaches to commercial analytics and recommendations.
- Deliver market, customer and product insights that are actionable to marketing and sales leadership team and support the achievement of LEO’s Commercial goals.
- Establish appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that enable LEO’s Commercial Leadership to measure the effectiveness of key investments to drive in-line brands’ growth.
- Oversee the commercial data warehouse and master data management plan that enables timely, complete and accurate reporting and analytics.
- Maintain long term product forecast to be used for sales targets, financial and commercial supply planning.
- Partner with the Sales, Market Access and Marketing to ensure alignment of LEO’s US commercialization strategy.
- Develop and leverage framework for strategic/tactical business planning for different parts of the commercial and brand teams.
- Lead Commercial Development activities i.e. provide US assessment and input on early development projects.
- Work with Global marketing to build business cases for pipeline and clinical opportunities.
- Serve as the lead for BD&L assessments in collaboration with the Global BD&L team.
- Manage marketing analytics and market research.
- Support Market Access with contracting effectiveness, operations, and reimbursement analytics.
- Lead for alliance management, optimization and development of US authorized generics contracts and early asset commercialization.
- Management responsibility for the US project management office including serving as key interface for Global Strategy team.
Sales – provide analytics around SFE, CRM data, territory segmentation.
Market Access – provide insights related to payer marketing and corporate accounts.
Marketing – Run analytics to drive HCP and patient segmentation, market research and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MA/MS/MBA or other advanced degree preferred .
- 10+ years’ experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or related field including knowledge of industry dynamics with experience in brand lifecycle management, payer and reimbursement dynamics, market and policy trends preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and quantitative skills with expertise in the tools of primary research, secondary data analysis, and forecasting.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required (up to 25%).
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.