Here are sample job advertisements for this type of job:
Custody & Fund Services – Client Service Manager – Analyst/Associate
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion with operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, private equity, and financial services for consumers and businesses. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the globe’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
- Maintain strategic understanding of Client’s overall business, operating model and trading strategies in an effort to assist them to operate in a streamlined fashion with the JPM platform.
- Have accountability for ensuring Client’s daily global service requirements are achieved end-to-end.
- Serve as the primary point of contact/escalation for the delivery of the full breadth of C&FS capabilities and those of the global franchise.
- Ensure a seamless transition from the Onboarding team post initial go live; establish and perform ongoing client governance with a focus on delivering value added, in demand capabilities
- Assist in coordinating activities with the global integration, operation and front office teams based in the Americas, EMEA and APAC to manage client inquiries.
- Support Client Service team on client focused projects as well as internal/business transformation initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree, MBA or CPA desired.
- Financial services experience with client servicing and/or operations, fund accounting or custody background
- Strong executive presence, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Strong organizational, project management and planning skill sets
- Compliance mindset with a solid understanding of risks associated with the provision of services to clients in our line of business
- Is able to summarize, simplify and communicate detailed and complex information to a broad range of team members or clients across the seniority spectrum, whether verbally or written.
- S/he will interface daily with clients and must have the ability to build relationships. Confident presentation skills, persuasive speaking and oral skills are a prerequisite for the success of this profile.
- An understanding of the major financial products: swaps, fixed income, equities, futures, options, currencies
- Be the sole point of contact and escalation point for all product, technology, and operational inquiries across cash equity, fixed income and synthetic prime brokerage
- Actively engage clients with respect to existing business, new products, new technology and new regulatory issues
- Identify revenue increasing opportunities within the client’s current book of business
- Cross sell other areas of the firm
- Actively engage in department initiatives to improve the prime brokerage product
- At least 4 years of experience in Prime Brokerage, with a strong understanding of margin lending, repo and synthetic financing
- Bachelors degree in finance or other quantitative discipline, MBA/MS preferred
- Experience working with other products including FX, OTC Derivatives, Futures and Options
- Energetic self starter, will need to take initiative and operate with autonomy
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, through daily interactions and office meetings. Must have strong presentation, persuasive speaking, negotiation, and oral skills.
- Ability to cross sell Investor Services Products and deliver client requests within the compliance framework of the organization
- Ability to recognize areas for process improvement for both client facing and internal technology and processes
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock’s asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale
Every day, the Aladdin Client Services Team tackles the hardest, most sophisticated problems in FinTech. We utilize our in-depth understanding of Aladdin®, our clients’ businesses, and the investment management process to provide world-class customer service to our rapidly-growing, global client base. We come from diverse academic and personal backgrounds and bring unique skills to the table, but we all share a serious passion for solving tough problems and delighting our users.
The Aladdin Client Services Regional Manager is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, communication skills and a serious passion for solving problems through technology. You will be part of the fastest growing business at BlackRock, supporting our 40,000 (and growing) user base of the Aladdin® platform. Regional Managers are passionate about building a highly responsive customer support team and working closely with our users to ensure they have the best experience possible. In this role, you must ensure that solutions are technology first, highly scalable and backed by data. Drive talent management by hiring and onboarding the best talent that are technically curious, gritty and have a passion for helping people. Lead a team of customer support analysts and be responsible for their development and career aspirations. Regional Managers act as the owners for our customer service technology, creating the strategy for our internal and client facing products.
Run the Business of Customer Service
- Student of the Data – Maniacal about finding trends and every decision is backed by data
- Customer Service Metrics – Aggressively setting the global customer service inquiry targets through data analysis
- Review workflows – Through a constant client feedback loop, identify enhancements in our daily workflows that will make the global team more efficient
- Stakeholder Partnership – Closely work with our stakeholder teams in the Aladdin Business to deliver the customer service strategy to our users
- Customer Satisfaction – Study feedback on service interactions at the inquiry level. Proactively identify and research gaps in the service your team provides and fix the underlying root cause
- Client Lifecycle – Engage with clients in the prospect/implementation phase to educate them on our service model and data driven approach to inquiry health
- Inquiry Health – Proactively connect with users to help them understand the holistic performance of the support they are receiving through metrics
- Escalation Management – Be prepared to quickly handle and resolve client escalations while researching and addressing the root cause
- New Initiatives – Be evangelists for technology and process change initiatives. Plan deployments and on-boarding strategy for new service tools
- Team Culture – Build a customer centric team culture relentlessly focused on customer success
- Recruiting – Hire the best talent that understands the core mission of customer service, are technically curious, gritty and have a passion for helping people. Build a healthy pipeline of strong talent and build relationships with campus recruiting teams
- Talent Development – Manage the annual onboarding and placement exercise for incoming analysts. Drive individuals to meet their goals, grow their careers, and be accountable for their overall success in the Aladdin Business and at BlackRock
- Performance Evaluation – Using data, have daily feedback and accountability conversations with your team in partnership with Product Marketing. Encourage a ‘self-policing’ operating model to hit service targets
Product Oner for Customer Service
- Strategy – Set the vision for innovation on our customer service facing product. Ensure solutions are technology first, highly scalable & data driven
- Research – Listen to customers/your team, study admired customer service organizations & recommend new features to improve our efficiency
Enabling Technology – Study the requirements from your team for enabling tools that will help them quickly get the right context to get the job done, while delivering a better experience to our users
- Relevant experience leading a large team, preferably in a customer facing, client support or financial services role
- Passionate about customer service and enthusiastic about using technology to solve problems
- Strong interest in financial services and understanding of the investment process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop lasting partnerships within the Aladdin Business as well as with our clients
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs
- Respond to client escalations in a fashion that inspires confidence and continued customer delight
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary global team
- People management and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and engage junior talent
Tech first mindset, curious, and has experience of solving problems with technology
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
- Support and drive strategic firm and branch initiatives by partnering closely with the Regional Director.
- Responsible for the management and leadership of the sales support staff in the branch and satellite branch where no administrative management is present.
- Recruit, select, onboard, train administrative and sales support staff
- Conduct performance reviews and make personnel decisions such as compensation, promotions disciplinary actions and terminations of all administrative and sales support staff in accordance with firm policy
- Supervise and coordinate assignments for the sales support staff and evaluate problem areas to determine potential reassignments and trainings.
- Partner with functional groups across the line of business on process improvement and day to day problem solving.
- Supervise and manage human resources, benefits issues, attendance, and vacation.
- Educate all employees on administrative policies and procedures as well as Firm’s best practices
- Escalate supervisory and management issues to the Regional Director and Supervisory Manager when necessary.
- Partner with Regional Director and New York Management to address any management or staffing issues.
- Degree in Business, Finance or other related business discipline
- 3- 5 years Financial services management experience
- Licenses 7, 63, 9, & 10 preferred, successful completion will be required shortly after employment begins
- Experience in the training field or branch administrator, preferably financial services
- Understanding of wealth management business, sales force and investment products.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain close working relationship with sales and senior management team
- Project management, problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to perform well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Experience with facilitating training sessions (both classroom and virtual)
- Knowledge and understanding of KYC and Regulatory requirements
- High attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Good analytical skills
- Prior experience in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations
- Ability to interface with people at different levels within the organization and various locations
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel
The Alternative Investment Product Specialist will work with the internal marketing team, RIAs, brokerage houses, institutional investors and intermediaries to educate them about Alternative offerings. The process will involve one-on-one and group presentations, conference calls, and coordination and preparation of strategy materials and white papers. The Alternative Investment Product Specialist will work closely with marketing professionals so that they can be more effective in communicating alternative strategies and products with their clients and prospects. The Alternative Investment Product Specialist must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, a deep understanding of the equity, derivative, and fixed income markets, and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
• Develop a deep understanding of NB Alternative products and strategies
• Serve as the primary internal and client-facing point of contact for the liquid alternatives platform
• Provide clients, prospects, consultants, and intermediaries with updates about the alternatives products, including existing offerings and new products
• Present support and guidance to NB National Field Force on suite of Alternative Investment solutions in order to drive utilization and education of those solutions and satisfy client needs and objectives.
• Travel frequently to various domestic locations to attend client meetings and promote new business opportunities
• Coordinate and Review Requests for Proposals (RFPs) drafted by NB’s RFP team
• Facilitate and promote new business opportunities along with NB’s sales force
• Prepare presentations, white papers, market updates, and other deliverables
• Responsible for shaping product marketing, emphasizing consistency and refinement through analysis of market demand, competitor offerings and performance review
• Ensure materials and communications going to clients are of excellent quality and consistency
Research and resolve client issues
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with all areas of NB to promote good will and create cross-product opportunities
• Candidate must have 15 + years of capital markets experience in either a sales, investor relations or structuring capacity with a minimum of 5 years prior experience within alternative investments.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, marketing or finance (CFA, CAIA or MBA a plus)
• Series 7, 63, 24, 65 or 66 (or obtained within 6 months of hire)