Here are some sample job advertisements for this type of role:-
Chemical Engineer – Process Engineer
The Process Engineer will be accountable for the process health, optimization and management for their assigned unit(s).
- Monitor the process unit on daily basis for general health and performance.
- Give guidance to the unit supervisor and operators on unit optimization for area of responsibility.
- Track catalyst activity and predict end-of-run. Includes catalyst replacement selection and purchase.
- Process trouble-shooting as issues occur.
- Monitor corrosion and chemical treatment programs in area of responsibility.
- Track energy usage and make recommendations to reduce utility cost for the process unit.
- Provide turn-around support for area of responsibility.
- Continuously evaluating process to identify process and control improvements.
- Initiate and support Management of Change to properly document changes made in process unit.
- Participate in unit Product Hazard Analysis; participate and on occasion lead incident investigations.
- Conduct unit performance tests to update or validate the Linear Program (LP) and Hyprotech Systems (HYSYS) models.
- Improve and maintain good unit weight balance.
- Develop technical knowledge networks within Sinclair Corporation and Industry.
- Utilize process design skills to develop process support packages for refinery projects.
- Provide process training to unit personnel.
- Continue personal development with self-driven on-site training and off-site training.
- Follow-through on commitments made to others.
- Create and maintain a neat, clean, well-organized and professional-looking work area
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
ABET Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering is required. Two to Ten years of relevant work experience preferred.
Momentum Solar has partnered with Air Co. and we are currently seeking a Chemical Engineer to join their team in Brooklyn, NY!
About Air Co.
Air Co. is a technology and lifestyle company in New York City. We believe in solving problems—the harder the better. We know that the best solutions aren’t always the most obvious, but smart executions of the right science can literally change the world. So we tackled the planet’s most vexing problem and turned a negative to a positive: we invented a way to capture excess carbon from the air and turn it into ultra-refined, covetable products. Things that you’re proud to own and pleased to share: Goods that do good. We’re inventing the future, one product at a time. The first being the world’s purest, most sustainable vodka with only two ingredients – air and water.
We are looking for a smart and hardworking chemical engineer to join our team. This role will report to our CTO. The position will support the CTO in process operations and mechanical engineering to assist in the deployment and operation of our carbon dioxide conversion plants in and around the United States. The role will be located in Brooklyn, NY. Ideal candidates will have experience with industrial equipment operations, and possess research and development or process improvement experience due to the Air Co. plant being an R&D system.
- Start, stop, control and monitor a fixed bed flow reactor including auxiliary reactor systems. This will involve
- Adjusting, testing and operating pumps, valves, controls and other components of systems
- Monitoring records and indicator systems on Honeywell Experion software within the plant’s control room
- Obtaining data exports and performing various calculations as required
- Assist with re-engineering and scaling up Air Co’s reactor technology
Additional Requirements May Include:
- Coordinate transportation and handling of flammable and hazardous chemicals.
- Identify production problems and implement preventive and corrective actions such as cost reduction, increasing productivity, etc.
- Develop new and improved Operating Procedures and Emergency Plans in conjunction with Air Co. management team
- Assist shift supervision and any duties involved in directing and coordinating other personnel assigned to assist in pilot plant operation.
- Start, stop, control and monitor distillation system
- Coordinate with third party contractors where necessary for upkeep & maintenance of technical equipment
- Ability to work proactively and independently with an eagerness to learn
- Team player
- Science degree in engineering, engineering technology, chemistry, chemical engineering or related science program
- Experience in operating or engineering equipment for chemical or petrochemical facilities
- Safety mitigation experience when dealing with hazardous chemicals
- 4 weeks of vacations, all dates must be pre approved by your manager
- Public holidays
- Health benefits
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
This position is a training position for an entry-level engineer. You will participate in a structured 18 month training program designed to provide an overview of the cement plant operations, which could include rotations to our other California cement plants. As an EIT, you will support the operations in achieving production goals through partnering with experienced engineers and managers in different departments (safety, environmental, operations, maintenance, quality control, and quarry) and at different locations.
This role is perfect for a Chemical Engineering grad with an interest in manufacturing. If you want to kick-start your career with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll get to do:
- Participate in production and maintenance meetings
- Learn basic supervisory skills by working side-by-side with supervisors
- Complete assigned project work
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Participate in various training programs
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program by suggesting changes in routines, personnel, equipment improvement, and process improvement
- Follow plant and OHSA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to the appropriate department for resolution
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering would be preferred however mechanical or electrical engineering would be considered with solid academic achievements
- Prior manufacturing exposure a plus
- Willingness to travel to other locations during the training program
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with 24-hour operations
Benefits & Compensation:
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
We need a Chemical Engineer with a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and 5 years’ of manufacturing experience.
Our engineer will be responsible for:
1. Facilitate or participate in HAZOP review.
2. Conducting projects involving specialty chemicals and materials and developing and manufacturing products.
3. Providing technical support, documentation and process improvements for manufacturing areas.
4. Leading process improvement and development efforts from project identification and assessment and implementation.
5. Supporting new product introductions.
6. Supporting site safety, health and environmental goals.
7. Implementing Process Safety Management (PSM) related programs.
8. Serving as PSM and Mechanical Integrity Coordinator.
9. Leading implementation of Lean, Six Sigma and other manufacturing objectives.
1. Work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
2. Work in a team environment.
3. Have a track record of completing capital projects on time and within cost estimates.
Experience with food, dairy or chemical plants is a plus. Also heavy machinery or equipment manufacturing is a plus, but not mandatory.
OMARA Engineering PC is a full service engineering firm helping our clients solve their manufacturing and industrial technical problems and design needs. This is a great opportunity with a growing company that has a need of additional engineers.
Must currently reside within 100 miles of Buffalo. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America without sponsorship.
Other positions are also available for recent retirees with experience at Cameron, Rolls-Royce, Occidental Chemical, Olin Chemical, DuPont or Praxair.