Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role:
NAMR Career Services Manager and Coach
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with developing and coordinating programs and services related to the academic and career advisement and employment development.
- Acts in a supervisory capacity for the department in the absence of the Director.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining budgets.
- Assists with the training of department and appropriate college personnel.
- Conducts academic and career advisement for all new, transfer and undecided students and students in non-clear categories of Standards of Academic Progress.
- Verifies graduation certification
- Ensures that student support activities and resources including career exploration, employability skills and advising resources are available for students.
- Assists Director in establishing linkages with the local employer community for the purpose of increasing employment and internship opportunities for students and graduates.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of employment opportunities for students and graduates.
- Assists students with clarifying their career and academic goals and resolves student issues as needed.
- Serves on Campus and College committees.
- Makes recommendations and implements College policies procedures and guidelines affecting academic placement and transfer.
- Performs other related duties assigned
- Master’s degree in Education, Psychology or other appropriate field and two (2) years of related experience
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Knowledge of federal, state and college EEO/AA/Diversity laws, guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of targeted recruitment principles, procedures, and resources.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
- Knowledge of career counseling principles and practices.
- Knowledge of current employment trends and placement opportunities.
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Manager of Attorney Career Services to join our winning team, located in New York. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Manager of Attorney Career Services will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Manager at Latham, you will be a be a key partner in building and enhancing the Latham CareerDesign program. Through offerings like confidential career coaching, targeted resource development, and unique programming, the CareerDesign program supports our attorneys in defining and shaping the direction of their careers — at Latham or beyond. The Manager will work closely with the Director of Attorney Career Services in shaping and growing the program. They will be a trusted career coach to our attorneys, a strategic partner in building the program, and a contributor to the Firm’s growth by enhancing the firm’s placement efforts. The responsibilities of the Manager will include :
- Working closely with the Director of Attorney Career Services in offering Latham attorneys and alumni career coaching services, career-programming, and in-house networking support
- Coaching : Working with Latham associates and Firm alumni in a career coaching capacity, which may include :
- Helping an attorney define career goals, developing a strategy to pursue them, and supporting an attorney as they enact the strategy
- Job search coaching, including resume building, cover letters, networking strategy, interview training, and salary negotiation support
- Programming : Working to create effective and innovative career-programming for our attorneys and Firm alumni, including in-person seminars, career-panels, webinars, and guest speaker programming
- Program-Building : Working to identify, organize, and implement expanding the program to include new people and new resources, including internal marketing of the program’s successes and finding creative ways promote the resource within the Firm
- In-House Placement Support : Helping establish and refine the Firm’s in-house placement efforts; working closely with members of the Firm’s Attorney Development and Business Development departments, requiring relationship management with Firm partners, contact with Firm clients to define their talent needs, and internal communications to promote the in-house opportunities
- Conducting research and staying abreast of the latest developments in career coaching, specifically among law firms and professional services organizations
- Ensuring continuing service enhancements through benchmarking with law firm peers and by evaluating ways in which existing career programs can be improved to provide additional benefits to the attorney experience and the Attorney Development Department
- Developing relationships with external professional development experts, consultants, and speakers
- Working with other members of the Attorney Development and Business Development teams to enhance communication processes between and among the departments
- Developing and maintaining strong, interactive relationships with all members of the Attorney Development team; relying on these positive relationships to identify areas where Firm resources can be leveraged in new and creative ways to implement the CareerDesign program
- Assisting with the management of the operating budget for the CareerDesign program
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As a Manager, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Manager must have a gift for empathy—an ability to listen deeply and form trusting relationships—as well as a strong sense of judgment to be able to make complicated decisions fast and to understand how an issue fits within the Firm’s structure. The ideal candidate will be responsive, comfortable with public speaking, have well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, and advanced ability to facilitate discussion and consensus-based decision making. The Manager will be able to work in a team environment with a customer service focus, manage the work of others to ensure compliance and accuracy, along with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A J.D. is preferred. Coaching certification is preferred. Significant experience working in a large, international firm or other international professional services organization is required. A minimum of five (5) years of experience at a professional services organization or business is required. A minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a career coach, or legal recruiter, preferably with high-achieving clients, is desired.
The Career Services Manager is an integral part of National Aviation Academy. In this role, ensuring partnerships are built with local, national, and international aviation organizations allows us to successfully educate, mentor, and place students. With our current network of over 600 contacts in the aviation industry, we are continuously building upon our foundation to ensure students are in touch with the top organizations. Major companies from across the country come to our Career Fairs and visit our campus to present their job opportunities to our students. In this role, being able to connect with hundreds of students and mentor them into their dream careers is the most rewarding and inspiring facet. Are you ready to build the next generation of Aircraft Maintenance Technicians? Apply today and be a part of changing lives!
· Assist in continual department development and deployment of new and inventive ideas to continue the growth and success of students and the Career Services Department
· Manage student lifecycle workflow including collaborating with education to schedule career guidance meetings, update forecasts, counsel students, place students and more
· Maintain Career Services dashboard on reportable content such as placement numbers and certification reports
· Participate in institutional reaffirmation or renewal of accreditation
· Maintain the corporate database and career services records in accordance with established deadlines using a variety of programs/reports
· Maintain processes to ensure placement numbers are accurate and reportable by corresponding with students and employers to ensure employment verification forms and supporting documentation have been received and filed per company policy
· Assist in auditing of department reports and working with compliance to ensure department is functioning efficiently and in accordance with written policies and procedures
· Develop network partnerships in aviation and maintain existing partnerships
· Provide assistance and guidance to students/alumni in writing/updating resumes, cover, thank you, and decline letters
· Attend aviation focused career services functions and events
· Maintain Career Services media through partnership with IT and Marketing including website updates, forum for employer job postings, announcements, company flyers, testimonials
· Collaborate with faculty and staff to promote communication and schedule coordination to support student success
· Work closely with all necessary departments to ensure students are on track to achieve FAA certifications
· Comply with all applicable NAA, state, and federal rules and regulations
· Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Requirements:
· Demonstrates exemplary customer service with professional level written and verbal communication
· Willingness to learn, create, innovate, and elevate
· Demonstrates confidence and professional presentation skills to large groups
· Maintain positive, team oriented, and professional attitude
· Bachelor’s degree in related field; Human Resources, Psychology, Business Management, Business Administration, etc. preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Demonstrates punctuality and dependability
· Flexible to handle many projects and daily tasks and prioritize effectively
· Demonstrates willingness to learn including taking FAPSC, or other related courses to better understand and improve self and Career Services Department as a whole
· Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
· Some travel, up to 30%
All applicants must pass a background and drug screen.
We offer paid holidays, paid time off, Wellness program, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance. We also have a 401(k) plan available. after 6 months of full time employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Managament, Adminstration or HR: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Required)
An ideal Career Services team member has previous recruiting experience. They are upbeat, driven and proven relationship builders. A track record of success in the development of prospective candidates, including interviewing skills and resume development is essential. The selected candidate will build a personal rapport with our students and graduates to transform them into expert job seekers and productive employees. The ability to readily assess their talents and match and market them with the pipeline of job leads is needed. Creating new relationships and building on existing relationships with employers to maintain a steady flow of job leads in the technology industry is essential.
· Provide information and assistance about career development, career search and careers
· Interview new students to obtain employment history, education and assist to establish career goals
· Identify barriers to employment
· Maintain ongoing communications with students and graduates
· Assist students with job readiness skills and with their job search strategies
· Maintaining student records through campus database (Salesforce)
· Develop and maintain relationships with employers through frequent communication and networking
· Solicit and follow up on job orders from employers
· Counsel and advise students and graduates regarding professional development and career success strategies
· Oversee job postings, registrations and applications on job placement website
· Follow up bi-weekly with non-placed graduates and assist where needed
· Maintain database of employer contacts and placement status of students
· Keep student portal/share point sites updated with announcements, links and other employment- related documents
· Potential travel up to 10 percent to visit campuses for career fairs and / or graduation
· Professionalism, trustworthiness, and ethics
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Results orientation
· Analytical and Problem solving
· Office Administration
· Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
· Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience.
· Salesforce experience a plus
· Knowledge of IT certifications a plus
· Experience in recruiting and/or sales environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)