Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
CAPITAL MARKETS MANAGER, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Swift Real Estate Partners is seeking a real estate professional to join its Portfolio Management Group with a specific focus on debt management. In this dynamic role, the successful individual will play a vital part in debt financing and portfolio management, with the opportunity to build and apply a unique blend of skills, including financial analysis, marketing, transactions structuring, negotiation and client management.
Do you have at least 5 years of capital markets management experience and debt financing experience at both the property and fund level?
Are you considered a “go to” person when it comes to cash flow and valuation analyses of real estate assets?
Are you entrepreneurial with an energetic spirit, yes-can-do attitude where no job is too big or small?
Would you like to work for a great company that offers a collaborative team environment, exciting growth opportunity and values its employees?
If you answered “yes” to the above and are ready to dive into an amazing opportunity, then we are looking for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Partnering with the VP of Portfolio Management you will take a lead role on debt financing and assist with other areas of portfolio management, providing analyses to Swift’s senior leadership team. The Capital Markets Manager serves as a key centerpiece in facilitating the flow of information and analysis between the properties with Asset Management, Lenders, Accounting, Senior Management and Investors.
- Debt Management: Oversee the debt management platform at Swift as a portfolio, by constantly looking for areas where the firm can leverage its strength and relationships as a borrower with a focus on concentration issues with specific lenders, maturity schedules and covenant monitoring.
- Loan Origination/Refinancings: Lead the lending process by working with the Asset Management team to secure financing on new acquisitions. This includes maintaining lender relationships, broker relationships, identifying new lenders, negotiating all aspects of the financing with the lender and Swift’s attorneys, etc.
- Lender Compliance: Prepare the reporting required under the individual asset loan agreements and subscription line agreements and monitor for any potential issues and propose resolutions in advance of any issues.
- Loan Draws/Repayments: Prepare loan draw requests on individual asset loan agreements and subscription line agreements, as well as repayments in conjunction with sales, refinancing’s or operating cash flows.
- Portfolio Models: Create, maintain, and contribute to portfolio and asset models that track actual and forecast financial events, project most likely performance scenarios, and calculate anticipated internal rates of return, distributions, priority and promote distributions, etc. Improve models as necessary.
- Participate in valuation process and work with the Asset Management Group to ensure fairness of valuation for all properties under Swift’s control.
- Ad Hoc Analyses: Perform analyses upon request by the VP of Portfolio Management and VP Asset Management, the CIO and other senior management team members, as well as Investors.
- Quarterly Reports: Participate as a reviewer of all information (financial statements, returns, property information, operating statistics) for reasonableness and consistency. Perform analyses and produce all drafts of quarterly/annual reports, including Executive Summaries. Coordinate the final report production.
- Asset Management Plans: Review all information (budget projects, returns, property information, operating statistics) for reasonableness and consistency. Perform analyses and produce all drafts portfolio level plans.
- Operating & Investment Committee Strategic Updates: Perform analyses and produce all drafts of memos and attachments.
- Periodic Reports: Review and confirm responses to periodic consultant requests by reporting manager and perform analyses for periodic partner requests.
Requirements and Preferences
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and computer skills with proficiency in Argus and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning & organization skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to influence others for a successful outcome.
About Swift Real Estate Partners:
Swift is a vertically-integrated real estate operating company founded in 2010 with a focus on West Coast value-add office and industrial properties. Swift has a proven track record of superior risk-adjusted returns to its partners. Swift owns and operates approximately 5 million SF of office/industrial assets throughout California and the Pacific Northwest.
About Our Benefits:
In exchange for your talents and dedication, Swift Real Estate Partners offers a comprehensive healthcare and flexible spending benefits plan that includes full coverage of the employee’s healthcare premiums, and coverage at 50% for dependents premiums. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and bonus opportunity, an excellent 401(k) plan with an annual % contribution to all employees 401(k) account; 12-holidays per year; and a Community Service Day.
If you fit the profile above and would like to work for a thriving company, we look forward to receiving your resume in a Word document along with your salary expectations.
EOE. M/F.D.V. No phone calls from recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Twenty two professionals based in North America, most of whom are in New York with access to the balance of the global PCA team as necessary
- Private Equity and Credit business run by four Managing Directors, three of whom are based in New York
- Candidate will directly report to two Director level Transaction Managers and be supported by a team of Analysts
- Assist in evaluating and tracking market developments (deals in market, participating investors, current events),
- Support several Transaction Management teams in conducting fund due diligence, preparing marketing materials and being a point of contact with clients, ideally evolving to primary contact
- Communicate and strategize with the Private Equity and Private Credit Distribution Team throughout the marketing process to close investor commitments,
- Work with Analysts to prepare supporting materials required for communication of fund raising information to fund manager clients; communication occurs on a daily and weekly basis and includes coordinating investor roadshows; filtering and relaying investor feedback; completing due diligence requests, and detailing the overall status of the fund-raising.
- Opportunity to participate in the Secondary/Capital Solutions business as well as the Real Estate fund raising
- Strong writing skills required for marketing materials
- Organized and confident communicator internally and externally; ability to seamlessly manage senior client interaction
- Capacity to multi-task and to manage multiple elements of a fund raising
- Desire and ability to advance to a Director role as experience and contribution merit
- Credit and/or Private Equity fund raising experience preferred, either as a placement agent or internal investor relations team member
ATEL Leasing Corporation is one of the largest independent equipment leasing firms in the United States headquartered in the financial district in San Francisco. ATEL invests in a wide variety of assets and industries including mining, manufacturing, construction, transportation, energy, rail, and medical.
We are looking for an individual who, (1) has Minimum 5 years equipment financing or related financial services experience, (2) can source and close qualified Equipment Lease Transactions through external financial institutions (banks and lessors) and financial intermediaries, (3) has strong financial skills including expertise at calculating lease rates, present value, yield, etc…, (4) knowledge of accounting and tax regulation regarding equipment financing, and (5) will travel as required to be successful.
A bachelor’s degree is required and a finance emphasis is preferred. An MBA is preferred. The position will be based in ATEL’s San Francisco Headquarters.
The keys to success include:
- Discipline approach to target market
- Aggressively prospect
- Quickly qualify transactions
- Initiate and facilitate long term relationships
- Effectively manage term sheets and proposals
- Pricing and structuring creativity
- Skillful negotiating
- Conduct power ‘face-to-face’ meetings
- Leadership, positive attitude
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent commission plan, and a standard benefits package.
Please email the following: Please email the following: Resume and 3 business references to Aditi Sah.
Please visit our website athttp://www.atel.com/for more info on our dynamic company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Equipment Financing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- San Francisco, CA 94111 (Required)
The Vice President, Originations will be part of the Commercial Real Estate Lending team and will be responsible for the origination and qualification of first-lien real estate loan transactions in line with the investment strategy. The Vice President will have a material business-wide impact, as his or her contribution to the investment process will be key to early stage growth. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Originations.
- Leading the origination and execution of debt investment opportunities, including analyzing, underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial real estate loans;
- Management of the financial analysis, valuation, and financial modeling of investments;
- Generating internal approval memoranda for presentation to senior management;
- Supporting wider CRE team members in deal/credit negotiations;
- Attending trade shows and other internal/external events such that the firm’s relationships expand and strengthen;
- Completing other ad-hoc duties as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in CRE loan origination and transaction management required; experience in an asset manager, hedge fund, investment bank or private equity firm strongly preferred;
- Experience in financial modeling;
- Knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and valuation analysis;
- Strong analytical and business writing skills including synthesizing data and organizing credit memos;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Capable of executing complex transactions in the infrastructure space, including financial advisories, with minimal oversight
Contributes significantly to originating and executing complex transactions by working closely with MDs
Leads the deal execution process (origination, term sheet negotiation, credit approval, consultant management, documentation, syndication, closing)
Fully in tune with the “big picture”; manages workflow proactively rather than reactively
Demonstrates strong structuring and negotiating skills; well versed in credit documentation
Has established client relationships and interfaces with clients regularly, including attending the majority of in-person client meetings
Exhibits solid leadership skills and regularly provides meaningful guidance to VPs, Associates and Analysts
Serves as an audit function for internally and externally relevant work product underwriting near flawless execution
Performance reviews partially based on meeting personal financial goals
Serves as a role model for junior colleagues and carries a positive outlook
Undergraduate degree from a highly ranked institution in a relevant field (economics, business, engineering, etc.) with MBA or relevant graduate degree a plus.
Minimum 8 years project finance related experience with leading financial institutions, investment banks, private equity, or industry (oil & gas, infrastructure, power / utility);
Experience in infrastructure project finance, especially marketing, execution, due diligence, documentation, credit analysis and administration.
Excellent documentation, negotiation and presentation skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.