Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role:
$187,900 – $250,500 a year
Are you someone who loves executing and contributing to strategies to drive revenue growth across the sales organization?
The Value Advisor will be responsible for building a practice that will work directly with our most strategic customers and prospects on their organizational strategies, aligned roadmaps, supporting business cases, and value realization. This position will align with sales leadership to serve as a resource to generate and drive revenue growth across the Enterprise accounts. In addition to building the practice, this leader will lead Value Advisory pursuits, collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop vertical market value propositions, deliver business cases and drive value realization assessments for current customers. A successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and influence at all levels of an organization including CxOs.
The position will report to the VP Solution & Value Advisory, and will be remote.
- Partner with field sales leadership – including Chief Evangelist, Solution Advisory, and Center of Excellence – to identify revenue opportunities, create account strategies, ensure coverage of strategic opportunities, and execute sales plays.
- Assume a leadership role in devising strategies in targeted sales cycles; drive Value Advisor credibility to influence the markets opinion of iCIMS’ Talent Cloud solutions.
- Lead multi-disciplined teams to develop and refine customer deliverables while incorporating our differentiated and evolving value proposition.
- Create custom Executive/Board-level proposals and presentation material with strategic value messaging for compelling business cases in support of current and future investments.
- Identify and build a pipeline of customer experiences and reference stories to showcase achieved value.
- Develop iCIMS’ Value Advisor brand through thought leadership, content creation, appearances at marketing events, publishing articles and contributing to social media.
- Coordinate the delivery of strategic solution advisory and expert consultation on value management.
- Lead customer co-innovation, enterprise transformation, and business process performance improvement programs.
- Provide consultation on strategic GTM decisions in areas such as: value creation strategy, enablement approach, investment cases, M&A, and strategic partnering.
- Drive Design Thinking or other template driven workshop approaches to engage customers in identifying opportunities for business improvements.
Organizational Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree from accredited university preferred.
- 15 years relevant experience required
- 3 years’ experience working in a management consultant capacity or for a consulting firm with a focus on organization change models / strategies or transformations.
- 3 years’ experience working in Value Management with a focus on Talent area.
- Experience architecting compelling value propositions.
- Excellent consulting skills: Data analysis, problem-solving, project management and organization skills.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as well with a team.
- Individual should be intellectually curious and be comfortable with a spirit of experimentation and courage to do things differently.
- Deep industry knowledge in either Human Capital Management or HR is preferred
- Knowledgeable in and practical use of change management methodologies and approaches.
- Professional facilitation skills or certificates of experience.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and executive presence, with the proven ability to effectively translate complex ideas and tailor key messages to multiple audiences.
- Experience presenting to CxOs and senior executives.
- Extensive knowledge of cost models, financial ratios, industry benchmarks, and metrics.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efforts in a highly fluid environment.
- Strong results orientation with a proven track record of flawless execution and strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 50% required (once travel resumes)
Work Schedule / Hours
- Regular: standard 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Ability to cover off hour business requirements as needed
- Frequent travel (up to 50%) by land and/or air.
Compensation & Benefits
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human
About the Team
The Drift business value consulting (BVC) function is primarily a customer facing team, that collaborates with prospects and customers to define, forecast and communicate the business value of partnering with Drift. The team also works with the internal Drift teams to provide customer feedback and infuse business value [and solution selling] in our go-to-market approach, aiming to improve the productivity of our sales teams and GTM operation.
The business value consultant is an expert in helping customers and prospects understand our Revenue Acceleration technology and solutions and how they translate into relevant business outcomes and value. The trademark of the BVC will be world class execution and maniacal focus on the customer.
What You Will Be Doing:
Delivering for our Customers
- The BVC team executes business value assessments (BVAs) or ‘Revenue Acceleration Assessments’ which include our Product ROI and TCO exercises. These include:
- Objective Gathering – Partner with the customer and the sales and solutions teams to understand the strategic initiatives within the company, and how that translates to the work of the functional areas Revenue Acceleration will impact.
- Strategy Development – Define the areas of impact, and specify the technology, personnel, and conversational experiences required to maximize impact.
- Performance Analysis – Translate the strategy into a forecast of measurable return on investment and total cost of ownership. Specify the value drivers and their distinct impact on the business.
- Executive Business Case – Prepare and deliver presentations for C-level executives for the purpose of securing budget appropriations.
Building for Scale
- The BVC team will drive a continuous improvement motion around the tools, practices, assets and collateral deployed by the team.
- The team will engage in a regular review of our actions and their effectiveness in driving business outcomes for Drift, including root cause analysis and improvements aimed towards optimizing the experience for the client and the results.
- The BVC team will evangelize the value stories and outcomes that Drift drives for our clients, and help develop assets the entire organization can use to support effective solution selling.
- This includes partnership with sales enablement and product marketing, as well as the teams in sales, onboarding, customers success and account management.
What Type of Skills You Will Need
- 5-7+ years of experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, financial/investment analysis or other applicable roles.
- Demonstrated command of go-to-market best practices for large enterprises.
- Experience leading through digital transformation initiatives within marketing and sales teams.
- Executive presence while collaborating with and successfully influencing leaders to invest.
- Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business cases.
- Deep experience in financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases.
- Innate curiosity to investigate business processes and evaluate the possibility of new business models.
- Strong facilitation skills, to encourage clear articulation of the business issues and effective solution design by the relevant players.
- Experience with enterprise cloud solutions, particularly the marketing and sales tech stacks.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork – and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Value Consultant
As a Business Value Consultant, you will develop and execute strategies that build pipeline opportunities, drive growth, and efficiencies within your assigned sales district. You will work with the sales management teams to develop account strategies and assist in determining multi-year plans to expand Splunk’s portfolio across the key buying centers and into the lines of business. Strategic priorities and execution will be governed by the customer’s business imperatives and mapped to Splunk’s capabilities across the portfolio to meet and exceed the customer’s desired outcomes. You will also partner with our sales leaders to drive the operational cadence, consult on critical accounts and opportunities, and assist in the preparation of content to include sales campaigns, deal framing, pricing structure, and negotiation strategies.
Assists with the framing of deal “psychology” within an account
- Craft a value hypothesis
- Earn a seat at the table at the C-Level
- Build an economic foundation to eventually support a business case
- Achieve our data-to-everything vision
- Develop a pipeline toward what matters to our customers
- Reduce year-to-year renewal risk
- Value alignment, definition, creation
- Includes people/skills and process gaps
- Aligned to the customer’s strategic imperatives and endorsed by the Executive Buyer.
- Support C-level meetings in global account base
- Attend AVP forecast calls
- Deal strategy, planning, and review calls
- Ongoing quarterly touchpoints with customer executives
- Build and position transformation programs at the account level
- Define and build transformation programs and 3-year value programs in the accounts
- Work in conjunction with sales and account leadership to define Splunk positioning in the account including expected revenue to increase Splunk SOW (share of wallet)
- Define Splunk program with sales & the extended Splunk ecosystem and GSI’s (Accenture, Deloitte, E&Y) to define the program and associated sales campaigns
- Minimum of 15 years experience selling enterprise software solutions. Selling SaaS is strongly preferred.
- Success with development & refinement of multi-year adoption strategies & business cases that support digital transformational business imperatives.
- Helped close 7 & 8 figure software sales/SaaS type deals and reputed references to prove success.
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
The Value Consulting function at Gainsight is relatively new but growing quickly as the company continues to expand its customer base. The Value Consultant role will work closely with the Director of Value Consulting & Strategy to further formalize this function and be able to expand its reach and work with more prospective clients as well as existing clients. This role is perfect for someone who is an entrepreneurial self-starter with a strong vision for customer value and loves working in a fast-paced environment. They will help build this function out and work closely with leadership across Sales, Account Management, Professional Services, Customer Success, Product, and Analytics.
- Design & build value assessments for each particular Gainsight use-case; build compelling business cases for executives to answer “Why do anything?”, “Why now?”, “Why Gainsight?”
- Educate and coach Gainsight’s Revenue Organization on how to implement value engineering methodology successfully into all customer interactions, pre & post-sales
- Continuously refine Gainsight’s financial ROI methodology, including tools, deliverables, and offerings.
- Take our competitive battle-cards & peer positioning to the next level through persuasive & concise messaging.
- 7+ years of experience in a Value Engineering, Management Consulting, or Pre-Sales role required
- Experience at high growth, pre-IPO tech SaaS startup
- Must be a self-starter and have a strong vision for what best in class value engineering and the execution to make that vision a reality
- Exceptional business problem solving combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Financial modeling, benchmarking, and quantitative skills and experience developing and defending large-scale capital appropriation requests.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation communication skills; strong command over excel and PowerPoint
- Inspirational leadership qualities and strong experience managing internal and external executive-level relationships (ie CEO, CRO, CFO, etc.)
- Intellectual horsepower and analytical rigor to create actionable insights
- Proactive and relentless. Independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations with a quick turnaround.
- Once safe, the ability to travel