Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Director or Senior Associate Director of Strategy and Operations (team will determine level depending on candidate background and experience)
The Director / Senior Associate Director of Strategy and Operations is an essential member of the Uncommon Schools’ President’s Team and will focus on supporting and systematizing the management of our schools. The President’s team scope encompasses all our K-12 schools both in instruction and school operations and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for the organization. Managed by the Chief of Staff to the President, the role will support strategy and vision execution for our school management team and work with our school staff as well with our Home Office functions.
Strategic Planning and Project Management
- Advise Chief of Staff, President on school management and school initiatives
- Drive and manage Presidents strategic planning process and execution
- Develop frameworks and strategic approaches to challenges or improvement needs
- Develop and manage materials and deliverables to support initiative/project roll-out, execution, and monitoring (e.g., project plans, dashboard, key performance indicators, templates, etc.)
- Manage stakeholders on projects, ensuring timely and qualitative communication, facilitating meetings as needed
- Support and/or lead R&D and innovation projects and processes
School Management and Liaison
- Manage and support key senior leadership team meetings
- Create, develop, maintain school health dashboards/metrics/reports to monitor and allocate school resources
- Identify and problem solve school management issues and codify best solutions/practices
- Develop data reports and stronger systems around data; working with Data Analytics team
- Drive and operate President’s talent work around school leadership: rubric, performance review, recruitment/hiring, etc.
President Team Support and Management
- Manage President communication: creating and managing plans, drafting internal and external messaging, operationalizing the plan, managing stakeholders
- Develop materials for President presentations: executive, senior leadership, and team meetings
- Gather input from instruction, operations, and HO functions for decision making and business improvements
- Administer President’s office operations including owning the budget, on-boarding, and home office ad hoc requests
- Exceptional and creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Facility to move comfortably between high level strategic thinking and intricate details
- Ability to translate and structure complicated or a lot of information in order for effective decision making and progress towards goals
- Strong project management as well as time and task management skills, enabling multiple and large scale projects to be completed on time
- Ability to learn quickly, to pivot when needed, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Able to work autonomously and thoroughly with independent self-reflection, as well as take direction as needed
- Outstanding ability to lead and drive change, including influencing and motivating others through relationship building
- Alignment to and urgency around Uncommon’s mission
- A Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree preferred (MPA, MBA, or other relevant degree)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience managing complex and/or cross-functional projects
- Experience in project management and/or management consulting or other relevant fields
- Education background preferred but not required
This role may require occasional travel to all Uncommon regions
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
The Director – Strategy & Project Management defines, drives and implements strategy for critical initiatives within the Luxottica Wholesale North America business. You will assess strategic options, support the organization’s short and long-range planning, serve as a key partner to the leadership team to identify, analyze, and solve business-critical problems, and lead/support execution of selected strategic projects. These projects may range from operational excellence, to new business opportunities and growth initiatives, and other critical projects for Luxottica Wholesale NA. You will act as a thought-leader, change champion and innovator. Role reports to the VP of Strategy and Analytics
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct Luxottica Wholesale NA’s strategy and project management functions to ensure the effective analysis, planning, execution and results for projects supporting Luxottica’s business strategy.
- Partner with senior leadership during the strategic planning and budget processes to set priorities, identify and evaluate business opportunities, and select best course of action; prioritizing projects in line with business objectives
- Utilize multiple data sources, including primary and secondary research to identify, evaluate, and quantify business opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of key strategic projects, which have a mix of direct project responsibility, strategic partnership and project management support to other senior executives and business leads.
- Drive the definition of project scope, objectives and deliverables in collaboration with senior stakeholders; providing regular updates to Executive Management
- Lead or support delivery of project priorities, ensuring on-time delivery of revenue growth, cost reduction and/or risk mitigation goals (Includes: scoping, KPI definition, measurement, project planning, stakeholder engagement, etc…).
- Support the business and functional units in achieving their goals by serving as a project manager, change agent, mentor, thought partner, process expert and facilitator
- Build and motivate teams to foster positive relationships among team members.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Strategy Management/Consulting or Strategic Project Management
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Consumer Packaged Goods Products (CPG), Wholesale Sales experience is ideal (Retail Sales, Merchandising or related experience will also be considered)
- Experience leading strategic marketing/ecommerce initiatives strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and deliver strong execution
- Passion for problem solving and tackling complex or ambiguous challenges/opportunities
- Strong organizational, business, and project management skills, with proven delivery of results
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and to effectively lead, influence, and communicate at all levels
- Ability to quickly identify areas of opportunity, research creative solutions and implement new processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Project Management; Strategy/Planning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in management consulting, business development, or similar environment.
- Experience with creating visual and written data stories for executive audiences.
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field.
- 6 years of relevant work experience in consulting, investment banking, software, Internet and/or media industries, and/or early stage companies.
- Experience leading/executing complex strategic and operational initiatives at large organizations. Experience partnering with and advising executives.
- Passion for technology, with tech/media/telecom company experience.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize multiple information sources to construct a coherent framework for addressing business opportunities/challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
About the job
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
Our team partners directly with Global Partnerships (GP) Leadership team to find solutions to complex problems. We drive strategy initiatives to help advance decision making at the leadership level, and drive operational rigor through quarterly business reviews, top level OKRs, resource allocation, annual planning, and more.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to work directly with leaders on a range of critical strategy and operational projects. You will learn how Partnerships contributes to Google’s business, strategic goals, and understand the internal and external drivers that impact our business.
You’ll focus on enabling the Corporate Strategy/Partner team. The Corporate Strategy/Partner team works internally across all business and functional teams that interface with Google’s strategically complex partners to help shape a cohesive cross-product area engagement strategy for Google.
As the Lead, you will identify business critical insights using analytics, provide thought leadership on strategic priorities and partners, and institute operational rigor through OKRs, shared best practices, and streamlined processes. You will work directly with leadership on topics across product areas and central teams and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Develop structured analysis and executive-level insights.
- Communicate findings to the Global Partnerships leadership and Strategy and Operations leadership teams.
- Drive operations for the Corporate Strategy/Partner team (e.g., strategic projects, top level OKRs, resource allocation, annual planning, tools).
- Support the operations and direction of the Partner Program, partnering closely with the Partner StratOps teams.
- Work with other members of the Business Operations team, as well as cross-functional leads (e.g., Finance, HR, Compliance, Product, etc.) to solve critical issues.
At a pivotal time in the WNBA’s history, the WNBA is looking for a Senior Consultant, Business Strategy and Operations to work closely with senior management to set the growth strategy for the league and develop goals and KPIs in line with the overall league priorities of revenue growth and demand creation. This position acts as the liaison and resource for all groups that partner with the WNBA product including Marketing, TMBO, Digital/Social, Global Partnerships, Public Relations, Strategy, Finance, Pubic Relations and Social Responsibility. The Senior Consultant, Business Strategy & Operations will serve in a crucial role as part of an agile team within the NBA organization, working diligently and flexibly to drive the success of one of the nation’s top professional sports leagues.
Direct the long-term strategic planning process for growth initiatives across the league including:
Driving data and financial analysis around assessing new revenue opportunities, potential investments, and operational tactics
Developing presentation materials that include qualitative and quantitative analysis around bringing the overarching strategic plan to life
Acting as the main point of contact for all consultant relationships and data requests
Managing communication and meetings with senior leadership and team ownership
Play a significant role in the annual business planning process, to include:
Working closely with Finance to set three-year budget targets, allocating budgeted dollars across departments based on business needs and goals
Monitoring and reporting against multiple functional P&Ls throughout the season
Driving the investment analysis and planning process
Develop all ad hoc business analysis for game-changing ideas, including financial and marketplace implications
Lead all aspects of WNBA Draft, WNBA All-Star and WNBA Finals planning from budget to contract negotiation to on-site execution, partnering closely with the Events group to bring new and innovative ideas to bear.
Act as the primary point of contact of the host team (all-star), advocating for their needs and helping to navigate the NBA organization Provide direct supervision to WNBA Business Insights Analyst(s)
8+ years of experience
Experience with financial statements and data analytics
Advanced project management capabilities
Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and foster key business relationships
Excellent time management, verbal, written and presentation skills
Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and demanding environment
Bachelor’s Degree Required, business focus preferred
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. Through a series of fascinating inventions, we will revolutionize two of the world’s largest sectors: agriculture and logistics. Zume will provide an end-to-end, scalable platform to reduce the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes from “Farm-to-Fork,” we can feed the planet without ruining it.
As a team member of the Imagine organization, you’ll drive insights and action across the breadth of the Zume business including but not limited to strategy, business development, sales. You’ll dive deep on analytical questions that are critical to Zume’s success, partner with our leadership team to develop company strategy and goals, and work with teams across the business to drive actionable insights and business impact.
Zume’s ideal candidate will have a curious mind, a strong analytical, technical, and business background, the capacity to work at high speed with a high-caliber team, an unwavering dedication to integrity, and a passion to build world-changing innovations.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct analysis to support strategic initiatives such as market projections, historical performance, competitor analysis, etc.
- Develop recommendations to improve current business models and operations by doing root cause analysis, business user interviews, best practice benchmarking, etc.
- Provide analytical support for internal company projects (existing and potential new products) as well as for investors or potential investors
- Assist delivery of valuable strategic initiatives, partnering with key people in the organization
- Drive internal multi-track projects such as business and operational improvement, business planning, etc.
- Participate in weekly and monthly business metrics reviews that illuminate areas of focus for the company
Who You Are
- You have a history of unquestioned integrity.
- You have demonstrated marked excellence in previous endeavors. You can describe this excellence.
- You are proud to put extraordinary effort into your work and are extremely demanding of yourself.
- You effectively manage your time and work. You are self-motivated, you don’t miss deadlines, and you have a high sense of responsibility and personal accountability.
- You are a proven self-starter with a bias to action.
- You can demonstrate where you have planned and completed complex tasks with minimal oversight; you do not need heavy oversight, and you never need prodding.
- You have strong communication & presentation skills: you’re able to structure both verbal and written communications and engage an audience, and build trusting relationships, with executives in your own, and partner and prospect organizations.
- You thrive on working in highly capable, high passion and high speed teams. You are considered a empathetic and excellent teammate who can be relied on professionally at all times, yet you can maintain independent lines of thought.
- You thrive in a rapidly scaling startup environment. Rather than stress about ambiguity, you realize it is an opportunity to vision, to improve and to lead.
- Recognized as a great team member and budding leader interested in people, hard problems and deep study
- High achieving academic background in sciences, finance, economics, math, computer science, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years experience in an analytics role in a fast-paced environment like tech, management consulting, investment banking, etc.
- Exemplary analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis
- Experience managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in a methodical and structured way
- Results driven “get it done” personality; able to balance multiple projects as second nature
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.