Here are sample job advertisements for Brand Manager roles (Note: some companies call their Brand Strategist a Brand Manager. I’m not including those types of role here as I’m using the title Brand Manager here for a very specific type of role)…
Brand Manager, Carolee
As one of the leading contemporary jewelry holding companies, Deconic continues to pave the way in the premium fashion jewelry space, most notably with its contemporary brands Alexis Bittar, known for its hand-crafted Lucite designs, and Carolee, known for its iconic pearl and crystal creations. With our proprietary, private label and licensed brands, we continue to provide our customers with the must-have statement making accessories each season.
With an established office and factory in Industry City, Brooklyn and a multi-vendor showroom in the heart Manhattan’s fashion district, Deconic has established itself as a company that cultivates a creative, productive and positive place for its employees. We are proud to offer our Associates a fulfilling work environment, with competitive benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Deconic, the jewelry division of Brooks Brothers, seeks a Brand Manager for the Carolee brand, located in our New York City showroom and reports to the Sales Director to drive brand growth and profitability through sales execution.
- Responsible for managing all phases of product development and merchandising for the brand
- Responsible for all daily communications with factories to ensure PD execution meets all internal needs, such as costing and quality as well as external customer requirements
- Process, receive and review factory samples for accuracy and quality
- Assist Creative Director with all administrative including but not limited to cost sheets, line sheets, ecom files, WIP and calendars
- Manage/Assist with any special projects/sales and marketing events
- Calendar set up and adherence – manage and maintain calendar while keeping the team on time
- Be proactive – recognizing trends, initiating new processes, forward thinking
- Provide creative solutions for challenges in product cost, sales, customer engagement
- Must have a strong sense of fashion, design, business and time management
- A strong knowledge of the business of fashion jewelry
- Be able to work independently, communicate clearly and be highly effective
Preferred Experience & Technical Proficiencies:
- 7-10 years experience in fashion jewelry
- Proficient in Excel and all Microsoft Office
- SAP experience helpful but not a must
- Team player
- Business acumen with a strong sense of fashion
We invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all.
We Value and Respect Each Other by Providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Brooks Brothers is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Associate Brand Manager- Job Summary
Support the execution of aggressive growth plan for key snack brands in the Promotion In Motion portfolio. Our proprietary and licensed brand portfolio includes WELCH’S Fruit Snacks, GO ORGANICALLY Fruit Snacks, SUN-MAID Milk Chocolate Raisins, SOUR JACKS Sour Candies and TUXEDOS Chocolate Almonds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the execution of business/brand plans and budgets.
- Support the development of innovation, packaging and new products, managing all elements of project team, working with R&D, purchasing, demand/production planning, external agencies where applicable, and senior management
- Implement agreed action plans, including consumer and customer specific promotion, sponsorships, digital marketing and advertising development
- Help manage day-to-day elements of social media, PR and consumer promotion programs
- Manage packaging and graphics development, with internal or external design agency
- Conduct action-oriented analysis and/or research to uncover key issues to address or areas of opportunity
- Energize sales team and support communication, including development and delivery of key selling materials and proactively addressing sales needs for successful distribution and promotion
- Support international expansion activities including coordination of graphics translations and regulatory approvals
- Be completely accountable for on-time and successful business execution
- Project Management: Able to have a plan, persuade others and get a team moving toward a common goal and influence peers and management
- Business analytics: Able to use scan data (Nielsen/IRI) to develop effective and powerful brand insights
- Communication: Able to clearly and persuasively present ideas verbally and through writing to gain alignment from all levels in organization
- Organization: Establish clear objectives and time-bound actions associated with them; don’t let important things fall through the cracks
- Flexibility: Can handle challenging timelines, changes in direction and able to juggle many things
- Strategic Thinking: Able to apply business and consumer insights to drive business
- Entrepreneurship and Independence: Able to work and excel in less structured environment; turn ambiguity into action
- Commitment: Completely dedicated to making it happen; bias for action; relentless pursuit of getting it done
- Achievement: Motivated by business success
- Passionate about our products
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 1-2 years of brand management and/or marketing experience in CPG company, preferably food.
- Bachelors degree is a must; MBA strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
- 1-2 years brand management and/or marketing experience in CPG company, preferably foods: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children’s entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
This role is responsible for the product commercialization and the development of marketing plans and campaigns that drive growth of multiple brands in Spin Master’s portfolio. You are someone who demonstrates the passion required to champion new product launches, brand building and best in class marketing. You are a creative out of the box thinker with a solid understanding of the entire marketing process. You have a strong track record of winning the hearts and minds of consumers through omni-channel marketing campaigns. You are expected to be the champion of the brand(s) you lead and inspire cross-functional team members & partners with your passion and excitement. You will leverage your technical marketing skills through on-going execution of product development/commercialization, business/brand planning, retailer marketing, sponsorship & experiential/event marketing activation and business analysis.
What we can expect from you:
- Lead planning and execution of all brand plans including (but not limited to): licensing, promotions, advertising, digital marketing, media production, packaging, branding, public relations, trade shows, market research, pricing, costing, profitability analysis, and SKU rationalization
- Partner with Sales and D2C to grow and evolve Ecommerce presence in North America
- Assist in managing projects related to product development activities including (but not limited to): preparing new product start documents, product costing, turn over transmittals, packaging and product briefs
- Liaise with internal departments (Engineering, Quality Assurance, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Sales, Planning and procurement) as well as with outside partners (vendors, licensors, inventors) at all stages of product development
- Manage day to day relationships with Inbound Licensors, ensuring the company meets all contractual obligations including (but not limited to) product approvals, forecasts reports, royalty payments and audits.
- Drive the growth of the licensed program, working with channel marketing to identify new opportunities at retail (brick and click) and push through any barriers to place product
- Collaborate with Licensing team to pitch, evaluate & negotiate deals and contracts/renewals with licensors.
- Regularly audit and understand the competitive landscape and pop culture trends to generate new product, licensing and digital marketing opportunities
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Someone who is passionate about creative excellence and willing to drive self and others to achieve “magic.”
- An individual with a proven ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done while continuously taking initiate and pushing projects forward under tight deadlines
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
You should apply if you have the following:
- 5+ years of consumer product brand management experience in a licensed driven industry, preferably working with toy, entertainment, fashion, or other pop culture products
- Working knowledge of a variety of marketing tactics (TV, Print and consumer/retail promotions)
- Strong knowledge and proven success managing an online business (Ecommerce) supported with strong Digital Marketing plans
- University or College degree in Marketing, Commerce, or related field
- Experience managing multiple projects at once in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, coupled with excellent organizational communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to create and effectively deliver pitches and presentations to internal and external partners
- Experience in reviewing, negotiating and managing licensing contracts and relationships
What you can expect from us:
- Open Mindset
- Driving Results
The Senior Brand Analyst of Innovation is responsible for supporting the North America Marketing Manager in the development and execution of new products and initiatives to drive growth and build equity for the professional Oral Care business across North America.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of new products &/or new business models for dental professionals and their patients
- Lead research to gain insights, develop and validate concepts
- Assist with new product development briefs
- Manage cross-functional teams to develop plans to launch new items (formula development and testing, production, forecasting, SKU set up)
- Manage new product claims by obtaining the necessary cross-functional approvals
- Assist in the development of packaging designs for new products or new formats for existing products. This requires management of artwork development and approvals
- Work with Finance partners to develop new item financial projects
- Monitor industry trends and competitive products/claims
- Present new products and growth initiatives to senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-4 years and/or prior experience in consumer packaged goods (CPG) or pharmaceutical marketing preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated creativity, curiosity and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and collaboration
- Able to work on multiple projects at a time while delivering strong results
- New product development an asset
- Must be proficient in Google and Microsoft Office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.