Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles..
Senior 3D Artist
- The Lead Artist must be able to establish, interpret, and refine concepts by providing inspirational artwork and by guiding the development efforts of the creative team.
- Ability to champion an established art style and re-imagine/improve it within a new context.
- Create concept art, ingame models, animations, user interfaces, and gameplay mockups.
- 5+ years of production experience as a concept, production, lead artist or art director
- Art-related degree or comparable professional experience
- Solid understanding of the modeling, texturing, animation, and effects capabilities in Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Report to the Creative Director and oversee the productivity of the team including quality of all art assets produced.
- Day to day concept work including modeling, texturing, animation and effects.
- Liaise with external service providers as required.
- Ensure good communication between art and other parts of the team and continuously review new creative design ideas and implementation tools.
- Attend meetings, reviews, presentations, and problem-solving brainstorm sessions.
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
3D Artist: Hardware and Jewelry Modeling
The primary purpose of the 3D Artist is to be part of the 3D digital product creation team specializing in hardware and jewelry modeling and prototyping.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for 3D modeling, creative technological solutions, and digital innovation.
This is not a design position. The 3D Artist is responsible for translating 2D design and product intent into the 3D world utilizing Rhino and other 3D software tools.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in 3D design and supporting technology to:
- Create and enhance accurate prototypes of hardware and jewelry product in 3D modeling software
- Create solid, workable polysurface files for 3D printing and production
- Provide analytical, technical, and technological insight and solutions when necessary
- Review 3D models to ensure that the they meet the desired criteria of functionality, aesthetic and design standards
- Establish and conduct meetings and collaborations with cross-functional partners, design teams, and product development
Technical Skills Needed:
- Proficiency to a high degree in Rhinoceros 3D
- Proficiency in T-Splines, Clayoo, or other sub-D modeling software a plus
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret tech specs
- Knowledge of zBrush, Modo, or Solidworks a plus
- Proficiency in a 3D rendering software (Keyshot, V-Ray, etc) a plus
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Experience in other aspects of prototyping process from 3D concept design to manufacturing workflow
- High level of visualization skills including a proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven pro-active team player, self-motivated with ability to prioritize tasks to achieve critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and all business partners
- Take directions from others
An outstanding professional will have:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience preferable in Nurbs-based CAD software
- An understanding of fashion hardware mechanisms and manufacturing processes
- A working knowledge of jewelry construction i.e. stone settings, connections, hinges and clasps
- Experience in grasshopper a plus
- Knowledge of SLA 3D printing (or other resin based 3D printing system) a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
You are able to quickly understand custom tool sets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and gameplay requirements. You can work independently or in cooperation with layout designers and other artists. You demonstrate strong artistic interpretation skills. Unreal Engine experience is an important aspect of this position.
Experience Level: 5+ years as a game environment artist with at least one year of Unreal experience
- Strong artistic interpretative ability within the context of a particular art style and gameplay
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving
- Strong modeling and texturing skills and an excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic
- Software: Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush or equivalent
- Strong architecture or traditional art background
- Lighting or cinematography experience
- Any other game related art or design experience (FX, scripting, etc)
- Links to the titles you worked on with a description of which features you owned
Infoscitex, a DCS Company, is a prime contractor leading development teams at WPAFB. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Essential Job Functions:
Interpret verbal and written directions from subject matter experts and creative directors into a storyboard for a 2-5 minute animation product.
Prepare 3-D models assets including hard body assets, terrain, and other various elements utilizing a 3-D modeling software packages such as 3D Studio Max.
Prepare 3-D models for real-time environments.
Utilize 3DS Max for camera, lighting, dynamics and rendering.
Composite and edit animated frames utilizing Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and/Final Cut Pro.
Produce and deliver full animated product to customer and field edits and changes based on feedback.
Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
Perform other duties as necessary.
Work is performed in an office or laboratory environment.
May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Travel and local commute between Infoscitex (IST) offices and other possible non-IST locations may be required.
Occasional out of state travel and local commute between IST and customer facilities will be required.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
At least an Associate degree in an art field or animation and at least 10 years of related experience. (There are multiple levels associated with this opportunity category. Candidates with advanced degrees or varied levels of experience may be considered for alternative classification.)
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information: ability to attain a Secret level clearance.
Experience with 3D software tools such as ZBrush and 3D Studio Max.
Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
While not a firm requirement for consideration, we believe an exemplary candidate would also bring:
Experience creating 3D assets for the Unreal engine.
Experience creating 3D military assets.