Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Job Location: United States of America – Long Island City, NY
The McCloud Group (TMG) is a Program and Construction Management (CM) firm founded in 2002, specializing in the construction and renovation of educational, municipal, cultural, and residential facilities as well as detention centers, private sector financial institutions and commercial facilities. As construction consultants, TMG serves as the owner’s representative and advocate through all phases of a project and under a variety of delivery methods. Active primarily in the North East Region, where the company was formed, TMG spent the last 18 years building a diverse project portfolio that includes work in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
The Accountant at The McCloud Group for the Emergency Response Program for the NYCSCA reports to the Program Manager. The Accountant is responsible for maintaining all business documents as well as Full Cycle Accounting which includes Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The accountant will also reconcile all balance sheet accounts as well as review input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries as needed, in addition to general ledger maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The job scope of the Accounts Payable include preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records, and the essential elements of Accounts Receivable include purchase orders and vendor records maintenance.
- Process accounts payable for timely and accurate payment.
- Prepare, code and distribute expense reimbursement and payments to employees
- Reconcile vendor accounts and statements.
- Audit duties to include: maintenance and filing of all vendor documents as well as assisting in data entry for month end and year end closing.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The job scope of Accounts Receivable include purchase orders and vendor records maintenance.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures, following established procedures for processing invoices, receipts, cash, etc.
- Prepare contract invoices according to terms of the contracts.
- Prepare journal entries and input revenue accruals.
- Maintain thorough, well organized accounts receivable customer files.
Requirements & Skills
- Possess a baccalaureate degree in accounting, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum of (6) years of full time experience in Accounting or relating field
- Have a minimum of (3) years of experience in administrative or supervisory capacity or a comparable combination of education and experience
Tradition, a leading inter-dealer broker, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join it’s regional finance team located at its Americas headquarters in lower manhattan. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely posting of financial activity in accordance with GAAP and the maintenance of the firms regions procedures and internal control documentation.
- Maintain the firms written procedures and internal control documentation
- Review daily trade activity
- Assist with daily trade and revenue reporting
- Perform monthly and quarterly close procedures
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Analyze, review and post system generated entries
- Analyze account activity
- Prepare head office reporting packages
- Analyze balance sheet activity and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor activity of domestic and foreign branch offices
- Assist with the development of annual budgets
- Assist with documenting internal processes and related controls
- Manage internal and external audit engagements
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Problem Solving- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively
- Ethics- Works with integrity and upholds professional standards
- Adaptability- ability to handle unexpected and /or frequent changes, delays or unexpected events and redirect efforts as needed
- Initiative- Volunteers readily, cognizant of surroundings and willing to assist peers
- Judgement- exhibits sound and accurate judgement and is able to clearly articulate reasoning behind actions
- Knowledge- Stays current with new rules, hot-topics and best practices
- Quality- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity- Strives to increase productivity
- BS in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills knowledge
- Oracle NetSuite experience preferred
- Understanding of US accounting principles
- Strong understanding of internal controls
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Assist with the development and maintenance of accounting systems for financial transactions
- Maintaining the general ledger, recording cash receipts and financial transactions.
- Reconciling bank, credit card accounts and intercompany accounts
- Coordinate collection activities, with support from the team, including calls and emails to customers, and internal escalations as required for problem accounts.
- Generate and send monthly statements to customers
- Streamlining AR functions by maintaining/coding applicable customer discounts and supporting communication on discrepancies
- Supporting team on month-end close procedures
- Maintaining on-time and proper customer invoicing
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Prepare accounts receivable/payable reports, analyzing the data and recognizing the trends
- Provide accounting and financial support to management as needed
- Positive contributor to the team by supporting and executing projects as needed
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Prepare, support and response related to freight claims
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- E-Commerce: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
The Jr Accountant is responsible for handling the daily banking activity, completing credit applications and tax exemption requests, scanning and organizing documents, and handling the monthly sales tax reports and renewals of licenses and permits. They will assist the GL Accountant with month-end reconciliation and assist other members of the Accounting department with additional tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing monthly sales tax reports
- Scanning and organizing documents into internal company database
- Performing Bookkeeping activities
- Performing daily banking activities
- Performing Bank Reconciliation for multiple bank accounts
- Renewal of company licenses and permits
- Issuing sales tax exemption certificates
- Issuing W-9’s
- Organizing monthly financial statements
- Processing credit applications for new vendors
- Assisting with budgeting, daily hunting and fishing license reporting, and quarterly tire and battery tax reporting
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls
- Other accounting duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize key business initiatives