Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Consumer Products – Licensing Associate
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
The WW Consumer Products team is focused on delivering the Weight Watchers experience to weight and health conscious consumers, as well as WW Members.
The Licensing Associate role will be focused on consumer products sold in the retail channel. We manage a portfolio of consumer products goods across the Grocery, Frozen and Non-Consumables areas of the store in multiple retail channels – such as mass merchants and grocery retailers. Our retail consumer products are primarily Weight Watchers branded or co-created with another brand.
We are seeking an energetic, creative and detail oriented Licensing Associateto join our team. This role will support our portfolio, working closely with internal and external partners to execute our multi-faceted marketing plans across channels, and assist in packaging and product development. Reporting to the Licensing Manager, this position will also support the P&L in budget tracking and ensuring licensees meet contractual requirements.
- Day to day contact with key licensing business contacts including sales and brand/marketing teams
- Assist in executing the marketing plan for the Licensed & Endorsed portfolio of products aligned with the strategic direction
- Develop marketing collateral working with Licensees, Agency partners and internal WW teams to execute timely delivery of artwork including Email, Social, Shopper Marketing, Recipe Development and other vehicles
- Develop and deliver staff communications to our national field organization
- Review partner materials to ensure Weight Watchers brand is correctly represented by outside partners and clearly communicates the benefits of our products as a tool to Weight Watchers members. This includes reviewing comments with WW Legal & Science/Nutrition teams
- Coordination of monthly licensing partner calls, and delivery of annual contract compliance requirements
- Contribute to analytics efforts of marketing vehicles including coupon redemption tracking, collection of sales and partner agency reporting, etc.
- Gather quarterly sales forecasts from licensees and assist in analyzing them to help effectively manage the P&L
- Maintain the department budget tracker with invoice management and set up PO’s for all projects.
- Assist in business development by coordinating calls with identified vendors and setting up samplings/tastings
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field required.
- Must have 2-3 years of work experience
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans for non-consumable and consumable products preferred
- Requires strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task regularly and problem-solve
- Self-motivated; Ability to independently manage projects from brief to execution and reporting
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency in written communications and ability to adapt language for different audiences
- Eager to learn and develop with an interest in licensing and consumer packaged goods
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Lead business development initiatives to identify new licensing partners and product categories, including researching, pitching, negotiating and executing contracts. Use licensing opportunities to help build global brand franchises that generate revenue streams across multiple categories.
- Identify new opportunities in accordance with the global licensing strategy, liaising with senior management and label partners on researching, pitching, negotiating and fully executing licensing contracts.
- Maintain existing licensee relationships across all product categories and optimize commercial terms of these partnerships for Bravado
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies that maximize revenue across multiple categories and distribution channels
- Interact with artists, managers and UMG record labels to educate on potential licensing opportunities
- Manage relationships for all partnership agreements for which Bravado is a licensee
- Develop brand management plan of each property. Work closely with the senior marketing team to provide input for trade and consumer advertising, PR and research. Set and manage budgets and maximize value for licensees and retailers.
- Forge close relationships with strategic partners in appropriate products categories including apparel, gifts, games, online, accessories, home furnishings as well as food and beverage companies etc.
- Work with Business Affairs to develop anti-piracy strategies
- Take a leadership position with the brand management and creative groups to set product development plans, product positioning, and key selling benefits.
- Develop retail relationships with key mass market and specialty retailers, identifying strategic relationships and selling in merchandise promotions.
- Develop broader strategic licensing programs for Bravado and its artists working closely with the retail and brand management teams
- Maintain and update sales forecasts at the licensee and artist level
- Ensure that any brand extensions will make a meaningful contribution to preserving and furthering the overall life of the underlying property.
- Work closely with Product Managers to streamline licensee creative requests and approvals process
- Liaise with internal Artist Service Managers to ensure program creative needs and approvals are streamlined.
- Work with legal to ensure proper registration and protection of the company’s IP. Manage licensing contract process and counterfeiting issues.
- Direct Licensees on royalty statements, budgeting and projections and monitor partner payment compliance
- Work closely with Finance department to ensure proper royalty collection and payment
- Work with UMG label divisions to stay abreast of new and developing artist suitable for licensing opportunities
- Understand relevant marketplace dynamics and other key issues leading to appropriate recommendations for the licensing mix (e.g. quality, pricing, promotions and distribution).
- An accomplished Licensing and Merchandising executive who also has expertise in Sales and Business Development.
- The ability to see over the horizon to where the next Licensing opportunities are because of a wide knowledge of the industry, with a very high level of commercial awareness.
- Good relationships and good ‘street cred’ in the Industry.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and a consensus builder who can direct staff across diverse lines of businesses.
- Love of music and understanding of ‘fan mentality’ are key for success
- Demonstrated experience securing, negotiating and managing licensing deals across a variety of product categories and managing them.
- An accomplished product strategy executive who possesses strong understanding of brands who balances creative marketing judgment/vision with analytical data as it relates to creating value-added merchandise against core market segments.
- Proven track in Fashion/Luxury/CPG and global brand Licensing experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren’s reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company’s brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world’s most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Manage the business relationship between RL Home licensees and the brand. Serve as the main point of contact for business initiatives as well as contract maintenance. Work closely with our licensed partner to meet their needs for the development of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop deep understanding of the home industry as it pertains to the categories of RL Home licensees and utilize a proficient knowledge of the market landscape to further the business for all licensed categories, including but not limited to furniture, lighting, rugs, and bedding utility
- Partner with merchandising, marketing and licensee teams to ensure alignment on strategy, development and execution of new business ideas.
- Work in conjunction with the licensee to develop and execute strategy
- Utilize merchandising expertise in communicating market drivers and business opportunities
- Regularly monitor stores for proper presentation and execution
- Work with licensee to gain clarity on financial plans
- Review and analyze sales and inventory to ensure the business is being driven to its full potential
- Work with design to track the product approvals by licensee
- Monitor and track marketing execution of our licensee as well as that of our retail partners
- Regularly reconcile royalties to sales
- Oversee execution of all license contracts- facilitate contract negotions for renewals and new licenses, working with both licensees, brand leadership and legal to see contracts through to completion
- Act as liaison for the business for all internal (RLS, RLE) divisions
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Strong communication skills.
Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
5-7 Years of Merchandising experience with specific experience working with Licensees/a developed understanding of the relationship between licensee/licensor, including the contract process and strong negotiating skills.
Experience in the Home industry preferred.
Possess excellent problem solving skills.
The Manager, Licensing is responsible for managing the licensing process, relationships and the licensed product categories to meet or exceed revenue targets and growth objectives. New business development is a critical component of the role. The successful candidate understands the product and market and leverages contacts to build the licensing business in line with Brand quality and values.
- Manages Licensees within the category portfolio which includes contract negotiation, resolving issues, reviewing/approving of submissions in coordination with appropriate product managers and promotion/advertising initiatives.
- Analyzes account business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics.
- Active contributor/driver of key initiatives within a team that includs Product Development, Finance, DTC (Ecommerce and Retail), Marketing, and International.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Finance and Business Planning
- Annual budget planning and monthly revenue forecasting.
- Contributes to the strategic planning process. Develops strategies and business plans on a rolling 3-year basis.
- Develops new business opportunities and manages the process from concept and pitch, to licensee on-boarding and contract signature.
- Track quarterly and annual royalty revenues, Licensee revenues, marketing spend and other contractual financial requirements
- Provide detailed reporting internally on all aspects of Licensed business
- Works with Licensees and internal teams to develop product that meets the brief, support key brand stories/technologies while maintaining brand quality and integrity standards.
Sales and Marketing
- Performs day-to-day responsibilities including licensee management, product review, and Licensee communications.
- Recommends initiatives, providing cost/benefit analysis for sales of Licensed products
- Coordinate between the Licensee’s sales team and internal sales organization, especially introducing to common buying teams of wholesale partners, sharing wholesale customer lists, coordinating tradeshows and events etc.
- Partner with DTC teams (Ecommerce and Retail) for appropriate presentation of licensed products and supporting drop ship of extended styles
- Partner with International teams (direct subsidiaries as well as 3P distributors) to promote the licensed products globally
- Track the marketing and promotional programs developed by the Licensees, coordinate them with the Licensors programs
- 5+ years related experience
- Experience in western, work & safety, farm & ranch and/or outdoor channels highly preferred
- We are looking for someone with knowledge of financial analysis, supply chain management, category management, operations, consumer trends, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible, adaptable, and patient; able to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker, entrepreneurial
- Ability to travel as needed
Location: Warren, NJ
Horizon Group USA (HGUSA) is a leading arts and craft and fashion consumer product company. We develop and distribute a large scope of categories from fashionable jewelry and apparel crafts to seasonal stationery & impulse products.
Originally established as a decorative trim supplier in 1912, Horizon Group leveraged its craft heritage, and refaced the company in 2003. Now recognized as a leading source for children’s activities, creative crafts and fashion impulse products, the company serves a broad range of ages in the creative marketplace.
Horizon develops products under its own recognized brands such as Just My Style, It’s So Me! & Made By Me! With over 5,000 products in the market place, distributed in over 50 retail chains ranging from mass to specialty, you are sure to have seen our success in building products for creative minds.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain and foster effective working relationships with licensors
- Ensure company standards are met for licensed products while maintaining the brand integrity of each respective license
- Work with licensors and internal teams to follow the brand strategy
- Act as liaison between in-house marketing team and licensors to follow up all on approvals of licensed products
- Coordinate and maintain projects of licensed properties by meeting deadlines and moving all teams along the licensed product timelines
- Ensure proper approvals are obtained from licensors on all aspects of product including product concepts, artwork, pre-production samples, packaging, instructional materials and final customer samples
- Identify when needs of licensor and/or Horizon are at risk and work with management to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist in contract negotiations and deal term sheets
- Assist with Licensor sales projection templates
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to generate new product concepts through brainstorm meetings, trend-shopping and market research
- Assist in the creation of presentations with mock-up samples, prototypes and presentation boards